Kelly VS Flutie

Thanks. I needed that good memory brought back to the surface.

The players were red hot in those days.

The fans in "Rich" Stadium were also awesome.. no team ever looked forward to a trip to Bflo. Now, they don't care so much.

youtube.com/watch?v=xXtADpsGs5k

I never knew they played each other

They played each other before this in the USFL. Not only did they play each other, they were teammates, or would have been as members of the New Jersey Generals had the USFL played the 1986 season

That opening music was so campy and cheesy. More like the start of a soap opera than a football game. The game itself? Just another day at work for those Bills.

Edited by JayBaller10

youtube.com/watch?v=xXtADpsGs5k

I never knew they played each other

Me neither. Great post, thanks for the memories.

Comments:

1) whatever you think about Flutie, he had "game".

2) Bruuuuuuuuuuuuce! He never quit. Even when he was eluded, he did this last-chance face-plant full-length dive - got him a shoestring tackle and saved a nice gain a couple of times.

3) How on earth did Reed make some of those catches?

4) He never could run, but I'd forgotten that early on, Kelly could be elusive.

5) What is this thing called "Tight End"? They seem very very useful - do you think today's Bills might consider this concept?

I think CJ Spiller should watch film of every block Thurman Thomas ever made. He whiffed a few, but not many. It's not raw strength either, it's partly fakery (see, you can run around me to the outside...oh, wait a minute, you can't) and persistence.

those were fine years. they really were. that clip was like a pleasant acid flashback. flutie is still my favorite post-kelly qb, though i am high on fitz. how is andre reed not in the hall of fame? if dareus is half of bruce, then i'll be happy. they don't make 'em that fast, agile, and powerful. aaron maybin's first step my arse.

Those were "The Bickering Bills."

Which Kelly caused. Luckily, they all grew up and bit and didn't miss up some great years.

How crazy is that a game from 1989 would feature the last 2 qbs to lead us to the playoffs? I think I will know drink a keg of rat poison.

i literally just got chills from watching this.

anyway a couple of thoughts.

1. Holy **** i didnt realize how fast thurman thomas was. Im 18 and i never got to see the k gun or the great bills teams in action but i was shocked at thomas speed.

2. I think this really does prove that our key to success is the trenches on both sides. Our D-Line and O-Line absolutely dominated and that helped out the secondary immenseley. (kindof what were starting to do now)

3. I love the usage of screens and I think that it would be a great way to get spiller more involved in the passing game.

4.BRUCE SMITH IS A MAN. if dareus is half of what he is ill be thrilled.