What About Bulger?

Bulger in my opinion is the best quarterback free agent on the market. He would be a good backup if needed. Thoughts?

Bulger will sign with a team that needs a starter. Good thought but he won't come here.

Bulger will sign with a team that needs a starter. Good thought but he won't come here.

Agreed...The entire bunch at NFLN thinks Arizona has a Deal in place with him already just waiting for the Lockout to end...The Cards wanted him last year but they could not work it out...I think Warner has been feeding them all that little bit of inside info...So anyway...Look for Bulger to Sign with Arizona... B-)

No thanks. He's been washed up for a few years now. That's why St. Louis got rid of him and drafted a real QB. I'd rather take a flyer on a V. Young type and hope he can mature than take a washed up Bulger (who was never really that good anyway) knowing he will never be any better.

No thanks. He's been washed up for a few years now. That's why St. Louis got rid of him and drafted a real QB. I'd rather take a flyer on a V. Young type and hope he can mature than take a washed up Bulger (who was never really that good anyway) knowing he will never be any better.

St Louis got rid of Warner 'cuz he was all washed up and never that good anyway. We know how that worked out.

I do respectfully disagree about Bulger. He was a very good quarterback in his day. I blame Mad Martz - his offense is hell on QB, they just get the crap beaten out of them, sacked 2-3 times a game and hit more.

Like the Bills, St Louis went light on building their lines after the SB years, didn't have a very good D - or we'd have been hearing a lot about Bulger.

I do agree, he's liable to follow Warner out to 'Zona though, unless the Ravens manage to keep him.

That's likely to be true, but Bulger took a beating running Martz offense in STL. His career as a proficient QB was probably shorten by at least three years because of it.

That's likely to be true, but Bulger took a beating running Martz offense in STL. His career as a proficient QB was probably shorten by at least three years because of it.

I agree with your take in that Bulger did take a beating after initially taking over for Warner and performing approximately as well.

And I agree that there is a very real question as to whether Bulger will be able to resurrect his career. Warner was able to…but Warner was an exceptional quarterback.

Anyways, there's no question in my mind that Bulger is not on the Bills' radar…and I don't think he should be.

Bulger would be an excellent choice for the Bills backup QB. Not a guy that we hope will one day develop into the golden armed "franchise QB", but a backup QB. That's what we need. He's old, so what? He's probably not going to play that much anyway.

Earth to TBD: EVERY FA QB wants to start.

St Louis got rid of Warner 'cuz he was all washed up and never that good anyway. We know how that worked out.

I do respectfully disagree about Bulger. He was a very good quarterback in his day. I blame Mad Martz - his offense is hell on QB, they just get the crap beaten out of them, sacked 2-3 times a game and hit more.

Like the Bills, St Louis went light on building their lines after the SB years, didn't have a very good D - or we'd have been hearing a lot about Bulger.

I do agree, he's liable to follow Warner out to 'Zona though, unless the Ravens manage to keep him.

Throwing for only 20+ TDs 3 times in his career is not what i consider "GOOD." Especially when you have Martz as your OC and you have receivers like Torry Holt, Isaac Bruce and Marshall Faulk coming out of the backfield. :rolleyes: