Wilfork vs. Jasper

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why no game film for Jasper? I haven't seen a single clip. 25 years ago,my high school taped games, I'm sure Bethel did as well.

Maybe he's from Temple Beth-el. They don't tape on Saturdays.

Anyway, if he weighed 350 now these posts wouldn't exist.

Don't we already have a large, recently drafted NT to be excited about? Isn't he working out with a tire or wheel or something?

Edited by Mr. WEO

Leif Larsen had one good measurable…his bench press. He couldn't dunk a basketball. He didn't have all-around freakish athletic ability.

Yes, we're all getting a bit excited but it's because this guy is a physical freak. Comparing him to Leif Larsen is not relevant.

Thanks for posting this, SJBF. I've laughed at the Larsen comments, but these two guys couldn't be any more different. Larsen was a stiff, unathletic guy with freakish strength. Jasper is a huge, freakish athlete.

Don't we already have a large, recently drafted NT to be excited about? Isn't he working out with a tire or wheel or something?

He's busy pulling a semi with his teeth, or hurling a keg filled with cement over a 15 foot barrier.

Maybe he's from Temple Beth-el. They don't tape on Saturdays.

Anyway, if he weighed 350 now these posts wouldn't exist.

Really? No one would care that he dropped 100# since January? Not to mention his "Combine numbers" would look even better.

There's excitement for Dareus, but he was a 1st round pick and we expect him to be good. This kid came out of nowhere. To me it has the same feel as when the Bills signed Jason Peters as an UDFA. Hopefully it ends up better than that situation.

The draft is over, there is no free agency at the moment, no trades, signings or anything else of note (beyond stupid tweets from stupid players).

So why not dream big and hope this guy turns out to be a pro-bowler?

lol, I don't know anyone who would trade Jasper for Troup. Or Aaron Williams for that matter. Our 2nd round curse continues but the Jasper pick is exciting

Thanks for posting this, SJBF. I've laughed at the Larsen comments, but these two guys couldn't be any more different. Larsen was a stiff, unathletic guy with freakish strength. Jasper is a huge, freakish athlete.

He's busy pulling a semi with his teeth, or hurling a keg filled with cement over a 15 foot barrier.

My point wasn't that Jasper isn't freakish athletically, it's that it's the measurables that have everyone excited, not actual football ability (like Larsen). We have a first round bust from last year that is also a freak athlete who can't play football. I'm not trying to take the wet blanket approach, I love the idea of Jasper being a beast in the middle for years. As soon as he blows a few guys up in training camp I will have both feet on the bandwagon, instead of just the one I do now.

Did I miss something? Whats with all the excitement and threads about a 7th round draft pick and now being compared to someone like Wilfork? Didn't we just draft Dareus? Isn't this guy a long shot to make the team based on the mix of young prospects and vets we have on the DLine anyway? I fully admit I don't know much about this guy, so am I missing something? Was he a beast in college and just slipped or something?

its buffalo, we love underdogs because we are one.

My point wasn't that Jasper isn't freakish athletically, it's that it's the measurables that have everyone excited, not actual football ability (like Larsen). We have a first round bust from last year that is also a freak athlete who can't play football. I'm not trying to take the wet blanket approach, I love the idea of Jasper being a beast in the middle for years. As soon as he blows a few guys up in training camp I will have both feet on the bandwagon, instead of just the one I do now.

Really?

You won't if he tackles the band wagon. :flirt:

Seriously though, how can you not be excited about this kid. After seeing the pick during the draft, i didn't think too much of it. After reading a couple of articles about him, I just raised my eyebrows a bit over all of the hype. Up to that point, a resisted actually looking at his training videos. But today I finally looked at them and all I can say is OMFG. This guy really is athletic and as Astrobot said "you can't teach big". The fact that he was drafted says a lot period. The article about the scout that worked him out was hilarious. He didn't have proper equipment to work him out so he used a shield and his own body. Hand said he was hit so hard it nearly knocked him out, literally saw stars. And it still hurt the next day. I'm sorry for anyone who isn't excited, because you are really missing out on some fun here. This guy is intriguing and if you aren't excited, you are a freakin' mushroom.

Edited by Rockinon

Yes. Maybin is a great athlete, he just doesn't have the instincts or football iq to sniff the field.

Ahh, but you said "last year" which had everyone thinking you meant Spiller. Now I understand.

Hope springs eternal, especially when you've been in an eleven year playoff\good winning season drought. Everybody wants something extra to be excited about so why not this young man, who by the way appears to be a very likable and high character kind of guy. The Bills have been on the wrong end of so many deals it is only natural to hope that they might be on the winning end of one for once (other than the obvious pick of Dareus). Here's to Jasper and the high hopes (good name for a gospel group, eh?).

Okay, I burst out laughing! Anyone else?!?!?

That was funny. The thing that is really intriguing is that when he was asked to get below 400lbs, he did and then some. It takes hard work and dedication to do that, but from watching the way he worked out, it seemed to me that he was just getting started. He is going to get stronger and faster and that is just plain scary.

Everybody likes a rags to riches story, but this hype is out of control, and no longer even falls into the category of optimism. It is even beyond delusional!

I thought for a second it was April Fools Day.

Wilfork vs. Jasper? You guys are killing me. :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: