Wilfork vs. Jasper

Can you teach dirty? Wilfork is one of the dirtiest SOB s in the NFL and when he takes a cheap shot at our QB, I want someone who will even the score on Brady. I still can't believe that we didn't gave someone take a run at Brady (penalty & fines be damned) when Wilfork blatantly took out Losman's knee. Dickie J declared himself a giant pussycat that day.

You have to get to the qb to take him out.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lonnie Harvey?

Not exactly Jasper.

Height: 6'3"

Weight: 345lbs

Bench: 19 reps

Vert Jump: 25"

Broad Jump: 8'6"

Vs Jasper

Height: 6'4"

Weight: 378lbs

Bench: 34 reps

Vert Jump: 33"

Broad Jump: 9'6"

Edited by TheTruthHurts

I'm excited at his numbers too, but two words come to mind to temper the enthusiasm until the pads go on: Leif Larsen

Leif Larsen had one good measurable…his bench press. He couldn't dunk a basketball. He didn't have all-around freakish athletic ability.

Yes, we're all getting a bit excited but it's because this guy is a physical freak. Comparing him to Leif Larsen is not relevant.

I'd say it's about as relevant as comparing him to Vince Wilfork. Wilfork had production in college against quality teams. Larsen and Jasper do not.

Well that's true but I didn't compare him to Vince Wilfork.

Mike Jasper said in his radio interview that he emulates Vince Wilfork…just like Marcell Dareus said that he emulates Warren Sapp.

I think that's where this thread topic derived.

Who was the huge DT that could do backflips a couple years ago? Yea he never even made a practice squad after hype like this. Patience.

I haven't scanned all 73 threads about him but what was the issue that kept him out of big time schools?

I want Jasper to succeed just as much as anyone.....but I bet you Chris Spielman's combine numbers were crap.....

But he is a heck of a football player......

There comes a time when you have to step away from the measured athletic numbers and see if they can actually play football......this got Jasper drafted....now we really found out what he is about

Those numbers prove absolutely nothing.

They are only suggestive - they hint that the kid may have the athletic talent to play in the NFL. Whether the talent translates is very much an open question. The odds are very much against the kid but the reward to the Bills could be very high if he does turn into a good player.

I haven't scanned all 73 threads about him but what was the issue that kept him out of big time schools?

He initially committed with Ol Miss, but then they went through a coaching change. So he decided to on Florida, but their coach left as well.

He did a year at some small school, but then go homesick, and went to Bethel instead so he could stay closer to home.

Most of this can be found here:

http://www.buffalonews.com/incoming/article412321.ece

Wow, since when did all the Bills fans turn to optimists? lol. I am excited about the pick since it was our last of the draft, high ceiling, low risk.

But come on, seriously? The guy has never played in an NFL game, or even a mediocre level college game for that matter, and he is being compared to one of the best NT's in football? There isn't even any tape of him playing. Does he know anything about playing in the NFL, or against the big, athletic, experienced )O-linemen in the NFL? Does he have the proper leverage, or the smarts to understand the playbook? Stamina to play more than 2 downs in a row? Heck the guy was 450 lbs a few months ago. Remember mike Williams? He was similar in size, and drafted number 4 overall. Size+numbers does not necessarily = success.

My hope is first, just for this guy to be good enough to make the team. If he can do that, MAYBE he could be develop into a real player like Jason Peters did. I want him to succeed as much or more than anyone else, reality just tells me odds are against it...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Vince Wilfork at 2004 combine - 6'1" 323 lbs

40 time: 5.21

Bench 225 lbs: 36

Vert Jump: 26.5"

Broad Jump: 8'5"

20 yrd shuffle:4.5

Michael Jasper private Bills workout - 6'4" 1/2 378 lbs

40 time: 5.38 -.17 sec

Bench 225 lbs: 34 -2 reps

Vert Jump: 32" + 5.5"

Broad Jump: 9'5" + 1'

20 yrd shuffle: ?

"The Shadow" kills Wilfork in the vert and broad jump, he is slightly under Wilfork in bench and 40 time. All while being 55 lbs heavier and 3.5" taller. Get this kid in the NFL weight room and training facilities. We could have the best NT in the NFL! Can't wait to see him in action!!

Did I miss something? Whats with all the excitement and threads about a 7th round draft pick and now being compared to someone like Wilfork? Didn't we just draft Dareus? Isn't this guy a long shot to make the team based on the mix of young prospects and vets we have on the DLine anyway? I fully admit I don't know much about this guy, so am I missing something? Was he a beast in college and just slipped or something?

Did I miss something? Whats with all the excitement and threads about a 7th round draft pick and now being compared to someone like Wilfork? Didn't we just draft Dareus? Isn't this guy a long shot to make the team based on the mix of young prospects and vets we have on the DLine anyway? I fully admit I don't know much about this guy, so am I missing something? Was he a beast in college and just slipped or something?

lol +1