Walterfootball.com just killing the Bills for this draft.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ehhhh screw them. Gosselin over at Dallas Morning News not only had more correct 1st round projections compared to the talking heads (King, Kiper, etc), but gave the Bills an A+ draft rating.

GO BILLS!

Edited by saundena

245. Michael Jasper, G, Bethel

Here's how you know this is a crappy pick: NFL.com lists Michael Jasper as a defensive tackle even though he's really a guard. Oops. (Pick Grade: D)"

Shows he doesn't do his research.

Idiots...

Buddy said it exactly right, if there is a guy you think is a franchise QB you take him but you don't take a QB just to take a QB. Apparently the Bills only had Newton with that rating and I'm very glad they didn't reach for a QB. I would have gone in a different direction than the Bills on a number of picks but that doesn't matter, what matters is this is the first Bills draft in a long time where they didn't make any incomprehensible WTF picks- No multi-round reaches or players who don't fit the scheme at all.

Edited by ....lybob

Ehhhh screw them. Gosselin over at Dallas Morning News not only had more correct 1st round projections compared to the talking heads (King, Kiper, etc), but gave the Bills an A+ draft rating.

GO BILLS!

An A+ from Rick Gosselin is worth more than any other draft grade - he's clearly the guy most in line with NFL scouts, given how accurate his mocks are every year.

Also, how can you give a team a D on draft day when you give all their high picks better grades. Does anyone think a team can blow their draft in the 7th round? That seems to be his major damage.

With Luck out there wasn't a single sure fire franchise QB available, nope not even Cam Russell, sorry mean, Newton.

I'd much rather take an almost certain stud on defense than do a 9ers and waste massive time and money on an Alex Smith.

Fitz earned himself another year as starter anyway.

Walterfootball. Yet another insignificant nation heard from...

I don't think there's a Bills fan who wouldn't like to have a franchise QB but anyone thinking that the Bills were going to be a Super Bowl contender this year is seriously kidding themselves or just plain delusional. There was no concensus "can't miss" QB like Andrew Luck available at #3. Taking Gabbert over Dareus would have been nothing short of assinine. Fitz will be fine this year under Gailey while this coaching staff and front office try to fill some of the glaring holes on this team. While QB will eventually need to be addressed, it was NOT a glaring need on this team. With fewer positional needs to plug, I have no doubt that QB will be addressed after the '11 season. Building a solid foundation first is essential to any future QB's success. I think that foundation is rounding into shape nicely and I love this regime's approach vs. the prior dolts in charge. GO BILLS!!!

Who is Walter? Oh yea the dandruff eating basement dweller mad at the world. Probly got a closet full ofCowboys gear.

Actually it appears he is a failed Penn State comp. science major who also failed as a journalist then failed as a mortgage agent before making "WalterFootball" his livelihood.

Linky

It doesn't explain whether it's true that he still lives in his Mom's basement, but unless a web site is way more lucrative than I think it is, he might well.

He also states that he has a history of trying to hate-mail-bomb people who do something he doesn't like. One hopes he's grown past this.

Walterfootball. Yet another insignificant nation heard from...

I don't think there's a Bills fan who wouldn't like to have a franchise QB but anyone thinking that the Bills were going to be a Super Bowl contender this year is seriously kidding themselves or just plain delusional. There was no concensus "can't miss" QB like Andrew Luck available at #3. Taking Gabbert over Dareus would have been nothing short of assinine. Fitz will be fine this year under Gailey while this coaching staff and front office try to fill some of the glaring holes on this team. While QB will eventually need to be addressed, it was NOT a glaring need on this team. With fewer positional needs to plug, I have no doubt that QB will be addressed after the '11 season. Building a solid foundation first is essential to any future QB's success. I think that foundation is rounding into shape nicely and I love this regime's approach vs. the prior dolts in charge. GO BILLS!!!

By George, I think he's got it! :worthy:

They lose a lot of credibility right at the top by knocking down the Dareus grade because it wasn't a QB. Good teams stay true to the board and don't pick for need. Everyone and their mother had Dareus ahead of Gabbert on their boards.

You need to have some credibility in order to lose it....

Edited by TPS

The Bills screwed up yet again. How the hell did they come away from the 2011 NFL Draft without a quarterback? Ryan Fitzpatrick is not the answer. Every football person outside of Buffalo knows this, yet the Bills stubbornly continue to settle for mediocrity at the most important position in football.

So, let's see what Walterfootball.com had to say about the quarterbacks that went in the first round after Buffalo's pick:

Locker at #8 - "Locker's accuracy is abysmal and his football IQ is pretty low"

Gabbert at #10 - "I think Gabbert will be OK. I like the fact that he can sit behind David Garrard for a year or two

Ponder at #12 - "A reach that would make Inspector Gadget proud"

I'm not sure which one of those would have been worthy of a number three pick by their own descriptions. let's look at what they had to say about the top quarterbacks that Buffalo passed on in the 2nd:

Dalton at #35 - "received mixed reviews from the scouting community, so it remains to be seen how he'll perform"

Kaepernick at #36 - "may not start in 2011, but that's OK. He's a project

Mallett at #74 - "has JaMarcus Russell-like character concerns and a Byron Leftwich-like release. There's upside, but that's about it.":

So, it doesn't sound as if walterfootball.com was sold on any of these quarterbacks as having "franchise potential" or even rising above "mediocrity" (to use their own term). Sort of idiotic to question the intelligence of those who agree with you...

As an aside, they also offered these stunning gems of analyses:

About the Mallett pick: "I have no doubt in my mind that Belichick doesn't plan on playing Mallett at all. He's going to trade him in a year or two to a quarterback-hungry team for a much higher pick" - Really. Tom Brady as the starter...signed through 2014...and they figured that out all on their own?

About Cam Newton: "I don't think he'll ever be great..I liken Cam Newton to Vince Young. Like Young, Newton possesses an amazing skill set, but doesn't appear to love the game of football enough to put hundreds of hours into film study...[but] has the intangibles to be a great leader for this Carolina franchise" - So, he doesn't have the heart or motivation for the game? This just in..those are the "intangibles". "Tangibles" are the skills...

Idiots...

Edited by billsfan1959

this jerkoff did no research if he did he'd know that Jasper played OL last season so the NFL will list him as OL but that the Bills plan to put him in as a Nose on defense. Oh and giving Dareus a lesser grade because he's not a QB is just assanine. Grade the player regardless of need. Well they didnt need a DE as much as QB but hes one of the most talented players in the draft great value.... is what he should've written.... I'm ecstatic we took Marcell and that Newton was gone.......I guess people dont realize how special Dareus is....

The Bills screwed up yet again. How the hell did they come away from the 2011 NFL Draft without a quarterback? Ryan Fitzpatrick is not the answer. Every football person outside of Buffalo knows this, yet the Bills stubbornly continue to settle for mediocrity at the most important position in football.

So, let's see what Walterfootball.com had to say about the quarterbacks that went in the first round after Buffalo's pick:

Locker at #8 - "Locker's accuracy is abysmal and his football IQ is pretty low"

Gabbert at #10 - "I think Gabbert will be OK. I like the fact that he can sit behind David Garrard for a year or two

Ponder at #12 - "A reach that would make Inspector Gadget proud"

I'm not sure which one of those would have been worthy of a number three pick by their own descriptions. let's look at what they had to say about the top quarterbacks that Buffalo passed on in the 2nd:

Dalton at #35 - "received mixed reviews from the scouting community, so it remains to be seen how he'll perform"

Kaepernick at #36 - "may not start in 2011, but that's OK. He's a project

Mallett at #74 - "has JaMarcus Russell-like character concerns and a Byron Leftwich-like release. There's upside, but that's about it.":

So, it doesn't sound as if walterfootball.com was sold on any of these quarterbacks as having "franchise potential" or even rising above "mediocrity" (to use their own term). Sort of idiotic to question the intelligence of those who agree with you...

As an aside, they also offered these stunning gems of analyses:

About the Mallett pick: "I have no doubt in my mind that Belichick doesn't plan on playing Mallett at all. He's going to trade him in a year or two to a quarterback-hungry team for a much higher pick" - Really. Tom Brady as the starter...signed through 2014...and they figured that out all on their own?

About Cam Newton: "I don't think he'll ever be great..I liken Cam Newton to Vince Young. Like Young, Newton possesses an amazing skill set, but doesn't appear to love the game of football enough to put hundreds of hours into film study...[but] has the intangibles to be a great leader for this Carolina franchise" - So, he doesn't have the heart or motivation for the game? This just in..those are the "intangibles". "Tangibles" are the skills...

Idiots...

Hilarious. So the Bills were dumb to bypass taking a QB, but the QB's taken after Newton all had serious question marks. :rolleyes:

And Belicheat will have to play Mallett if he wants to trade him. No one will trade for him until they've seen him play. And the only way that will happen is if Brady gets injured for an extended period of time.

2011 NFL Draft Grades:

Wow, sounds like Alphadawg on one of his anti-Fitz crusades.

Edited by GaryPinC

Hilarious. So the Bills were dumb to bypass taking a QB, but the QB's taken after Newton all had serious question marks. :rolleyes:

And Belicheat will have to play Mallett if he wants to trade him. No one will trade for him until they've seen him play. And the only way that will happen is if Brady gets injured for an extended period of time.

Part of his secret evil plan......this was all put in the works the minute we drafted Dareus.....he knows Marcell is gonna put a hit on brady....figured he'd try to capaitalize on it!

Just kidding....

I'm so sick of people questioning why we didn't draft a QB. There are only two QBs in this draft who I have any confidence in and they were taken before our second pick came up (our first pick needed to be Dareus). The fact that Mallet was passed up by other teams that needed a starter and was drafted by a team that only needed a backup should say volumes about his potential or lack there of. Fitzpatrick is fine for now.

Edited by Talley56

Part of his secret evil plan......this was all put in the works the minute we drafted Dareus.....he knows Marcell is gonna put a hit on brady....figured he'd try to capaitalize on it!

Just kidding....

LOL! But even if true, Mallet is Bledsoe v2.0.

What an idiot. The guy complains the Bills didn't draft a QB because they had a need for one. How about this:

1. DL - possibly best in the draft. Bills horrible on D, and stroud cut. Drafted for NEED.

2. CB - Drayton Florence is a FA and McGee is getting old. We're in a passing league. Drafted for NEED.

3. ILB - Poz is a FA. Worst D in NFL. Drafted for NEED.

4. S - Whitner is a FA. Worst D in the NFL. Drafted for NEED.

4b. OT - No solid RT. Drafted for NEED.

5. RB - No 3rd RB for depth. Drafted for NEED.

6. ILB- See Round 3. Remember, a 3-4 hybrid requires good ILBs.

7. CB - See 2nd round pick. Two spots to fill, two draft picks.

7b. Um, who could ever complain about who you select with your 2nd 7th round pick? I know! A moron would!

Basically, this guy wrote the article when he had his period. B word, B word, B word about nothing. Total whiny little kitty who formed an opinion before trying to analyze it.

What an idiot. The guy complains the Bills didn't draft a QB because they had a need for one. How about this:

1. DL - possibly best in the draft. Bills horrible on D, and stroud cut. Drafted for NEED.

2. CB - Drayton Florence is a FA and McGee is getting old. We're in a passing league. Drafted for NEED.

3. ILB - Poz is a FA. Worst D in NFL. Drafted for NEED.

4. S - Whitner is a FA. Worst D in the NFL. Drafted for NEED.

4b. OT - No solid RT. Drafted for NEED.

5. RB - No 3rd RB for depth. Drafted for NEED.

6. ILB- See Round 3. Remember, a 3-4 hybrid requires good ILBs.

7. CB - See 2nd round pick. Two spots to fill, two draft picks.

7b. Um, who could ever complain about who you select with your 2nd 7th round pick? I know! A moron would!

Basically, this guy wrote the article when he had his period. B word, B word, B word about nothing. Total whiny little kitty who formed an opinion before trying to analyze it.

:worthy: