Round 7 (Pick 245): DT Michael Jasper - Bethel (TN)

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting notes on Jasper by Tim Graham--- a Bills scout had been tracking him for a year, and it was the Bills that asked him get below 400 lbs. Seems that all this hard work and training for the draft was initiated by the Bills' interest:

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/28617/bills-draft-pick-weighed-448-in-january

Kudos to the bills for doing their homework on this one. i've never in my life heard of this school. i'm seriously hoping that Mt. Jasper will make the team and completely DESTROY brady

400 lbs of lineman sounds good especially at nose. Could be a late round steal if he plays and does well enough to spell troup/williams

I would like to see this guy make the team. Get in a rotation with Troupe and move Williams to the DE rotation in the 3-4 situation. Then we have Troupe and Williams for the middle Darius and Carrington on the outside in the 4-3. Might be nice.

I think we should just nickname him "Tiny."

If his knees hold up, I don't see how he couldn't be a force on the field.

Also, re: kicker.. Wasn't Ndamukong Suh also a kicker at one point? And didn't the lions have him kick an xp or something last year?

Big Guy could be like Refrigerator Perry and get our short yardage carries. All this guy needs to do is occupy the the center & one guard and let dareus & company take care of biz.

Edited by BiggieScooby

He'd be a nice Refrigerator Perry or even the OG on 4th and goal.

Excellent calf definition. http://www.lesliemikejaspernfl.com/pictures/image6.jpg

Agreed. I'm willing to bet that even when he was playing past 400 LBS, that he looked better without a shirt than Mt Cody i.e. significantly less man boobage!

Edited by saundena

Im seriously excited about this.

good luck runing inside on our revamped D.

Hens certInly a very interesting pick but the odds are very much against him. Time will tell if he makes it even as a role player, if this is what he develops into, the Bills get a possible steal with this pick. It seems every year the Bills do a nice job of finding players in the late rounds or in the ranks of udfas. Lets hope this guy is among that string of successes.

I love that we got this guy, kudos to our scouting Dept! Could Jasper be a good poster child for the new Bills? I would love to see some kind of catchy poster with our defensive players, especially with Jasper The Collapser, Darius and Williams. Our interior defense looks like our own version of The Dakota's Badlands!