It's pretty embarrassing, reading this board sometimes...

I'd be interested in some eveidence to back your optimism rather than your "I know you are but what am I response"

Your blind belief that every one of the Bills picks this year will be instant Hall of Famers and that Fitz will suddenly stop being mediocre and turn into Johnny Unitas is comical and your refusal to see the fact that the Bills are one of the worst teams in the league and have been for a very long time completely discredits any of your posts.

Go ahead an book your trip to the Superbowl. I think I'll hold off a little while.

You snooze you lose

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be interested in some eveidence to back your optimism rather than your "I know you are but what am I response"

Your blind belief that every one of the Bills picks this year will be instant Hall of Famers and that Fitz will suddenly stop being mediocre and turn into Johnny Unitas is comical and your refusal to see the fact that the Bills are one of the worst teams in the league and have been for a very long time completely discredits any of your posts.

Go ahead an book your trip to the Superbowl. I think I'll hold off a little while.

LOL, who here ever said "we're going to the Super Bowl now" based on this draft? Look at the extreme POV you are arguing from. "If you support the team at all, you must be a blind homer that thinks we're going all the way". This is why it's embarrassing when you negative nancys try to argue.

As Im typing this, Teddy Bruschi on ESPN: "The Buffalo Bills closed the gap in the AFC East. You always looked at the Buffalo Bills and chalked them up as a victory. Well they addressed every single level of their defense. The gap has definitely closed in the AFC East."

No one is saying we're automatic Champions. We're just saying we took good steps to build the team.

Relax.

i like the emphasis on defense. i have maintained the bills need to develop a nastiness, an image, whatever, on defense. we are in the northeast, weather is a factor, use it. cannot find fault so far with nix and gailey. i actually have come to really appreciate gailey and his ability. as for the board's mindset on here, could care less. the grammar and accuracy police are annoying, but overall i like what most have to offer.

I loved this draft. If you didnt you need to go rewatch any of the last 5 drafts. And I love the direction this team is going in. Who gives a **** what anyone on this dumb board thinks. That's why we have a coaching staff.

LOL, who here ever said "we're going to the Super Bowl now" based on this draft? Look at the extreme POV you are arguing from. "If you support the team at all, you must be a blind homer that thinks we're going all the way". This is why it's embarrassing when you negative nancys try to argue.

As Im typing this, Teddy Bruschi on ESPN: "The Buffalo Bills closed the gap in the AFC East. You always looked at the Buffalo Bills and chalked them up as a victory. Well they addressed every single level of their defense. The gap has definitely closed in the AFC East."

No one is saying we're automatic Champions. We're just saying we took good steps to build the team.

Relax.

I have no problem with those who love the draft or whatever moves the team makes. My problem was the arrogance of the original post and the attacks on anybody who isn't blindly optimistic. I personally don't beleive the Bills will be competitive for a playoff spot until they find a franchise QB, but I am excited to see Dareus make some plays on the DL. I think he's a big upgrade from Stroud.

Your continuous rants that every single one of the Bills picks this year will wind up on the practice squad and that the Bills will be 0-16 for the next 3 years with Fitz degrading into Jamarcus Russell is comical, and your refusal to see the fact that the Bills are improving completely discredits any of your posts.

Go ahead and sell your season tickets, and then look up the meaning of hyperbole.

Edited by QCity

Your continuous rants that every single one of the Bills picks this year will wind up on the practice squad and that the Bills will be 0-16 for the next 3 years with Fitz degrading into Jamarcus Russell is comical, and your refusal to see the fact that the Bills are improving completely discredits any of your posts.

Go ahead and sell your season tickets, and then look up the meaning of hyperbole.

you might want to look up the definition of 'fact'

Secondly, there are people who were pissed because the Bills did not want Bowers. These are supposed to be intelligent football fans? If you watch football you can clearly see that Bowers is a 4-3 end and would not fit in a 3-4 system. Then people get pissed because the Bills take a cornerback in the second round. The corner position, as a whole, is in shambles and I can't believe no one realizes that. Would you feel comfortable going into a season with a 30+ year old Drayton Florence dangling as a free agent, injury prone and 30 year old Terrence Mcgee, and Leodis Mckelvin as the #1 corner? Doesn't seem stable to me. I think the Bills did a pretty good job. Maybe they could have used a tight end, none were really that good. Not even the Mackey award winner.

I don't shy away from optimism, but your lack of reading comprehension is startling. I'll simply rest my case with my original post.

I have no problem with those who love the draft or whatever moves the team makes. My problem was the arrogance of the original post and the attacks on anybody who isn't blindly optimistic. I personally don't beleive the Bills will be competitive for a playoff spot until they find a franchise QB, but I am excited to see Dareus make some plays on the DL. I think he's a big upgrade from Stroud.

Your statement in bold is neither accurate nor factual.

I appreciate the rest of your post as the first fair and balanced thing you've said in the last 48 hours.

I don't shy away from optimism, but your lack of reading comprehension is startling. I'll simply rest my case with my original post.

I apologize if I completely missed the intent of your post. GO BILLS.

Gotta agree with the OP. No one is saying don't post your opinions. It's just some of the stuff posted is beyond stupid and needlessly negative.

And some of the stuff posted is beyond stupid and needlessly overly positive. If everyone thought the same way and only posted how great the Bills were and how every loss was due to ref bias and/or cheating this board would be as boring as if everyone posted how every draft pick and every player was the worst in NFL history and it would be a miracle to win one game this season. Diversity my friends, is was makes the US such an interesting place. If you want or expect everything you read, think and speak to be exactly the same as everyone else go join the Taliban!

Here at least you may think some posts show lack of faith in the Bills FO and I may think some are lacking any factual grounding whatsoever. But we can hopefully share thoughts with each other in a civil manner without getting our panties in a bunch because we don't happen to agree with what some people post. Don't worry, be happy! :)

Edited by CodeMonkey

#1- there was no way to address "ALL" of our needs in one draft.

#2- many pundits have given kudo's to the success of this years Bills draft. Todd McShay picked the Bills as his #1 team after day 2. Rich Gosselin from the Dallas Morning News gave the the Bills his one and only A+ Grade. i think the bills did extremely well. my only second guessing was passing on Ryan Mallet in round 3, but hey, the ILB they picked is gonna be a very good player.

#1- there was no way to address "ALL" of our needs in one draft.

#2- many pundits have given kudo's to the success of this years Bills draft. Todd McShay picked the Bills as his #1 team after day 2. Rich Gosselin from the Dallas Morning News gave the the Bills his one and only A+ Grade. i think the bills did extremely well. my only second guessing was passing on Ryan Mallet in round 3, but hey, the ILB they picked is gonna be a very good player.

I would have liked Dalton or Kaepernick on Rd2 instead of a DB

I'm one of those so called dick head fans in Philly! Watch your mouth!! The only team I don't ride with is the Eagles. And what would make Philly fans dick heads and not Bills fans? I think all fans are the same when it comes to their teams. You have fans that encourage and ones that do the opposite! One thing bout Philly fans, we don't sugar coat ****!! And if a player !@#$s up or is !@#$ing up, we let them know, DUFF. But were just as loyal as Bills fans! I got the best of both worlds!! Lol

As for the op, solid points. I know its easier said than done, but we must remain patient. Our time is coming and since Chix was hired that was the start. I've stated in other post, Nix is responsible for the majority of talent the Chargers have. They are in the post season every year.

As for the late round picks we chose, all I can say is.....STEVIE JOHNSON!!

THE NATION RISES!!

Edited by qdawg in philly

my only second guessing was passing on Ryan Mallet in round 3, but hey, the ILB they picked is gonna be a very good player.

Yeah I feel the same way. But as you said the ILB is a much safer bet than Mallet, so the Bills made the smart choice in my opinion. Even if Mallet turns into the next Brady, which I have the sinking feeling he could, nothing says he would have turned out the same on a team like Buffalo.

Honestly, I know it's an open forum, which means any half-wit with an internet connection and a keyboard can speak his mind, but the gnashing of teeth over late round draft picks is both comical and embarrassing. We have supposedly "knowledgeable" football fans who can't understand how many defensive backs a team needs to go to training camp. We have folks apparently unwilling to accept that the Bills' front office didn't believe a developmental prospect at QB was more important than finding players who can contribute immediately. We have people who think two RBs are enough for an entire season. This stuff amazes me - particularly the "Joe Schmoe was sitting there in the 6th round; how did these idiots not take him?" nonsense.

The Bills just got a lot more talented and addressed a number of significant needs. They couldn't fix everything with nine draft picks, but we are in a heluva lot better shape than we were on Thursday afternoon. Did everyone suddenly forget that except for about three games, the talent-poor 2010 Bills were in a position to win every game if they make a few plays in the 4th quarter or OT?

I'm tired of the decade of losing as much (if not more) as anyone. I've only enjoyed approximately 40% of my Sundays over the last 12 years. But only the most pessimistic of fans would not be encouraged by what we're seeing out of the organization.

If I'm too "optimistic" for your liking...well, then, kiss off. :P

Your're right. Some posters are nothing but trolls. They shouldn't even be responded to. Nix got depth at RB (which was needed), DB's (For possible starters and depth). And BTW, if folks would LISTEN Nix said they would probably draft a DB before the draft started. So I don't know why all the shock. He also said they would get an OT in draft or FA and he drafted Hairston in the fourth. FA has yet to start. It was a good three days for the Bills for anyone who is serious about wanting to see this team get better. Defense was the way to go.