All Newton all the time

RichardBag

The more I see of Cam Newton, the less I like.

More precisely, the more I see of Newton, the more I wonder what I am missing. Where is the wow? Where is the amazing pass, the incredible run, the special moment that makes me say, "Hey, I can overlook the fact that this guy is a scandal-ridden controversy magnet."

read more here: http://footballoutsider.com/walkthrough/2011/walkthrough-cram-session

Won a championship at Blinn.

Won the SEC championship, the BCS championship

#2 rated passer in NCAA.

Won the Heisman

btw the article you cited is written by a math teacher and part time blogger. Nice.

You can argue about red flags and his attributes. I dont see how anyone can not see why Newton is getting hyped.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

More precisely, the more I see of Newton, the more I wonder what I am missing. Where is the wow? Where is the amazing pass, the incredible run, the special moment that makes me say, "Hey, I can overlook the fact that this guy is a scandal-ridden controversy magnet."

read more here: http://footballoutsider.com/walkthrough/2011/walkthrough-cram-session

Then I have to assume all you are seeing are the off-field reports from Bloggers and "Experts", and you arent actually watching his games from this past year.

Go and watch a few complete Auburn games from this past season, and come back and report on what you saw.

Then I have to assume all you are seeing are the off-field reports from Bloggers and "Experts", and you arent actually watching his games from this past year.

Go and watch a few complete Auburn games from this past season, and come back and report on what you saw.

The 280 pass attempts are concerning. Is he a QB or an Athlete that happens to play QB? And yes there is a difference.

I've watched a few of Newtons games. He is a special athlete yes but in terms of going through progressions and running an offense i don't see it.

As for commenting on what bloggers and "experts" are saying that's all we as fans have access to. If i could go and personally talk to these players and coaches I would and I would have my informed opinion about him. But I'm not looking to get published in a scientific journal, I'm a fan guessing because that fun and that's what we do. But one thing I've learned watching the draft and reading reports on guys in the past, where there is smoke, there is often fire.

For that reason I'm concerned and if I'm making the pick, I'm passing

I'd have to disagree. I watched part of the "Championship Game" last night and I saw 2 GREAT plays. One the TD to the left sidelines to take the lead and another to a FB or TE for a long gainer.

I'd have to disagree. I watched part of the "Championship Game" last night and I saw 2 GREAT plays. One the TD to the left sidelines to take the lead and another to a FB or TE for a long gainer.

In the First quarter he got blasted when he didn't see someone coming right at him. Later he got tangled up with 2 defenders and tried to throw it deep.

2 fumbles right there in the NFL.

See i can cherry pick too :ph34r:

The 280 pass attempts are concerning. Is he a QB or an Athlete that happens to play QB? And yes there is a difference.

I've watched a few of Newtons games. He is a special athlete yes but in terms of going through progressions and running an offense i don't see it.

As for commenting on what bloggers and "experts" are saying that's all we as fans have access to. If i could go and personally talk to these players and coaches I would and I would have my informed opinion about him. But I'm not looking to get published in a scientific journal, I'm a fan guessing because that fun and that's what we do. But one thing I've learned watching the draft and reading reports on guys in the past, where there is smoke, there is often fire.

You make it sound like he played 1 year of football.

In JuCo he was 204/336 = 61% for 2800 yards and 500 rushing. Threw for 22 TDs and only 5 INTs.

Yea its JuCo but lets not pretend it didnt happen or that Nix and other GMs dont have that film. A little common sense goes a long way.

In the First quarter he got blasted when he didn't see someone coming right at him. Later he got tangled up with 2 defenders and tried to throw it deep.

2 fumbles right there in the NFL.

See i can cherry pick too :ph34r:

Stick to the HINDSIGHT, bud. ;)

Come back a year from now and let's see how you feel...

Stick to the HINDSIGHT, bud. ;)

Come back a year from now and let's see how you feel...

I'll still be here

You make it sound like he played 1 year of football.

In JuCo he was 204/336 = 61% for 2800 yards and 500 rushing. Threw for 22 TDs and only 5 INTs.

Yea its JuCo but lets not pretend it didnt happen or that Nix and other GMs dont have that film. A little common sense goes a long way.

Yes lets remember that stiff competition in Juco

But it the real show only 280 attempts... I'm allowed to be concerned and not a big supporter

Watch the highlights vs lsu, you'll see the amazing runs

I have been off the grid for awhile. I been a Bills fan since 1972 long time season ticket holder. I studied very hard on each of these QB's

and after a long hard look at each one the guy that impresses me the most is Colin Kaepernick Qb Nevada. This is a QB that can play in snow

and cold weather. Throws great on the run and has a rocket arm. He is so quick when he takes off and runs for 1st down. I think he is a team player with a good body of work. He is six foot five inches tall and is everything you would want in a QB. He might be the next Josh Freeman but more mobile. If the Bills get him in the 2nd round I will be so happy with that pick. This guy can flat out play and throws a 95 hour fast ball and was a baseball prospect.

Chan could do wonders with him he can play under center and ran the pistol offense. Not only that he seams to have a very calming effect about him.

watch some of these great videos about him on you tube we would be lucky to get him and have him lead our Bills

this guy can flat out pass and run watch run past all those fast Def. Backs

One of the more intriguing prospects in this year's quarterbacks class is Colin Kaepernick of Nevada. A fifth year senior and four year starter, Kaepernick was not highly recruited coming out of High School because he was figured to be a baseball star. After redshirting his first season at Nevada, he went on to become the only player in NCAA history to rush for 4,000+ yards while also passing for 10,000+ yards. Those hailing from the Bill Parcells school of profile drafting will appreciate Kaepernick's experience level (about 49 games with significant playing time), the fact that he's a college graduate, and the fact that he's a winner (32 wins, including a 13-1 record as a senior).

If we go QB R2 he is the one I want. Remember when Chan ran the pistol in KC and Tyler T put up big numbers? What does Nevada O run? Yep the pistol. Not saying that is the only reason I want him but hey Chan ran it well and so can Colin.

I see you dipped it to Ryan Mallets drug stash... I like Kaspernick but never was he better than Newton. Who does Nevada play? Exactly. Kapernick's not better Than Tyrod Taylor but Kaspernick is better than Gabbert so it goes.

1. Newton

2. Taylor

3. Kapernick

Must be crazy saying Kapernick better thank Newton you sir should be on The Wayne Brady Show cuz your toooo funny...