Update

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it doesn't mean he's a horrible person. And you may be right, Dan, that 99 out of 100 guys would do all these things. But I hope you're wrong.

Education has value, in and of itself. The chance to get an education....smart kids take it. In many elite college programs, the athletes take dumbed-down courses and have special help available to them - tutors and the like.

Is there really a reason to cheat in those circs, unless you feel immortally entitled?

Moral values.....Newton is a preacher's son. If he is so insincere about morals and ethics from that background to do as you say, how can one trust he is sincere about anything?

It's like Marshawn Lynch Part II, swiping $20 from ladies in restaurants just 'cuz he feels entitled.

BTW, saying "99 out of 100 guys would do those things" kinda sounds like condoning it to me. The "everybody does that kind of stuff, so how bad can it be?" kinda argument.

Just sayin'.

You're right about one thing, it's EXACTLY LIKE those FALSE charges that were brought up only because of JEALOUSY and people hating that Marshawn and his buddy were hitting on a cop's wife. You must have missed all the articles shortly after which cleared this up as a simple case of a jealous husband who tried using his cop status to work over Lynch...

And dont fool yourself. Black athletes arent the only kids cheating in college. ALL college students cheat at some point on something, if not regularly. Even the "smart kids". Actually, ESPECIALLY the smart kids. Thats what makes them smart. Ask 100 college students what college prepares you for the most, and I bet most of their answers will be along the lines of "How to stroke the system".

Point is, these are hardly huge issues. If everyone had such digging done into their background, most of your "good" college students would never get a job either. Luckily, most of us normal folk arent in a position to have our 19 year old decisions scrutinized in such a manner.

NGU, thanks again for your insight into the draft process for the Bills. Just for fun (and you don't have to answer), but how do you see the first three picks of the draft turning out. Obvisouly this means you have to guess who Carolina and Denver take. I understand this is nearly impossible to do because you don't have insider knowledge of those teams, but I'd enjoy your thoughts nonthless becuase you know more about how front offices work than anyone else on this board. (myself included). Thanks again for taking the time do do this!

You're right about one thing, it's EXACTLY LIKE those FALSE charges that were brought up only because of JEALOUSY and people hating that Marshawn and his buddy were hitting on a cop's wife. You must have missed all the articles shortly after which cleared this up as a simple case of a jealous husband who tried using his cop status to work over Lynch...And dont fool yourself. Black athletes arent the only kids cheating in college. ALL college students cheat at some point on something, if not regularly. Even the "smart kids". Actually, ESPECIALLY the smart kids. Thats what makes them smart. Ask 100 college students what college prepares you for the most, and I bet most of their answers will be along the lines of "How to stroke the system".

Point is, these are hardly huge issues. If everyone had such digging done into their background, most of your "good" college students would never get a job either. Luckily, most of us normal folk arent in a position to have our 19 year old decisions scrutinized in such a manner.

Actually, I saw nothing of the sort. Do you have links to any of those articles? I'm not being argumentative, I just never saw that he was vindicated.

Actually, I saw nothing of the sort. Do you have links to any of those articles? I'm not being argumentative, I just never saw that he was vindicated.

DR D is correct. It was a jealous husband situation. Marsbawn is still a douche. But in the one situation, it really wasn't his fault.

No worries, quickly searching the board, it looks like the article posted in this thread has been removed from WGR, but there are good quotes in the thread...

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/105359-marshawn-lynch-update

Also, this article has been since removed as well, but I had quoted it in the main thread...

http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregion/story/919587.html

Quotes from original article, "Best" is the Chief in Hamburg I believe, and Crawford is the Husband:

Best said Crawford's wife told police her husband has taken out of context how Lynch took the $20 from her when she and her friend were leaving a restaurant in Hamburg last month.

"What's happening between Mr. Crawford and Mr. Lynch is their business," Best said, adding that the incident is no longer considered a police matter.

Hendrickson added, "It's also been reported that [Crawford] owes the City of Buffalo roughly $100,000 for a dilapidated building ... "

Crawford says a corporation he was involved with had owned a building in the Cobblestone District that the city tore down after it was damaged by wind. He says he does not personally owe the city money for the demolition expenses.

It ended up looking like the Cop was trying to extort Lynch for the $100k he owed the city...

Moral values.....Newton is a preacher's son. If he is so insincere about morals and ethics from that background to do as you say, how can one trust he is sincere about anything?

Just sayin'.

So, preachers are always on moral high ground? That's a joke in itself.

Thanks for the update NGU...

Well I have to say it would be JUST like this Organization to pick AJ Green at #3...And it would make me laugh out loud pretty hard if they do so...Not a happy laugh though...Not that Green is not a good Prospect because he is...Just like Spiller was last year...He's a hell of a good Prospect WR...But here we go again...We'll Draft a WR at #3 so we can get rid of the one we Drafted 7 years ago at #13...Here we go again Drafting a Player high in the 1st at what is perceived to be one of our deepest Positions (Johnson, Evans, Parrish, Nelson, Jones, Roosevelt, and 4th Round Pick in 2010 Marcus Easley)...Once again we don't address the glaring weaknesses...And once again they'll get their asses beat in the trenches...And yet once again, we don't even get a Top Rated QB Prospect...I can hear it now...The Bills Draft a WR and they don't even have a Franchise QB to get him the ball... :lol:

Don't get me wrong...I realize Fitz could become a top 10 NFL QB and the Green and Spiller moves could make The Bills Offense one of the leagues best...I also realize that someday pigs can fly should they sprout wings... ;)

We'll maybe, just maybe that will be the move that will assure the Bills win zero games in 2011 and finally make their own LUCK...If you know what I mean... ;)

Man, you've totally convinced me that they will pick Green. He's a sure bet. Imagine Randy Moss talent, with a good head on his shoulders. WR like that change the game immediately. The opposition has to make the game plan to defend him. They can fill the DL and LB in the second round. We have so many holes as it is. This first pick is not going to fix anything this year.

I really don't, but it doesn't/shouldn't work that way. They are always aware of needs, but Buddy will simply stick to his board. Not that there can't be a tie between players, but it doesn't happen that often. There are so many holes currently that the team can go best available in every round. At the end of the draft they will fill in any glaring gaps with undrafted players.

That is really what I want to hear. I'm so tired of the Bills drafting based on need, and ignoring the real talent that is out there. Yes, QB is a need, but is it worth the gamble? If there is a stud player, regardless of need, I hope that Buddy takes him. Get the best available. Things will eventually fall into place (hopefully I'll be alive to see it :rolleyes: )

You're right about one thing, it's EXACTLY LIKE those FALSE charges that were brought up only because of JEALOUSY and people hating that Marshawn and his buddy were hitting on a cop's wife. You must have missed all the articles shortly after which cleared this up as a simple case of a jealous husband who tried using his cop status to work over Lynch...

And dont fool yourself. Black athletes arent the only kids cheating in college. ALL college students cheat at some point on something, if not regularly. Even the "smart kids". Actually, ESPECIALLY the smart kids. Thats what makes them smart. Ask 100 college students what college prepares you for the most, and I bet most of their answers will be along the lines of "How to stroke the system".

Spoken like someone who never went to college. This couldn't be further from the truth. :thumbdown:

Spoken like someone who never went to college. This couldn't be further from the truth. :thumbdown:

Its exactly my college experience, as well as may others. Coincidentally, just had a conversation about college/cheating at the holidays with all of my successful, college graduate cousins, and we were all laughing about this same thing. Comparing stories about crap our friends pulled off in order to pass or even make Dean's List.

But try again.

If you dont think most college students are "cheating" one way or the other, youre just being naive.

Edited by DrDankenstein

Its exactly my college experience, as well as may others. Coincidentally, just had a conversation about college/cheating at the holidays with all of my successful, college graduate cousins, and we were all laughing about this same thing. Comparing stories about crap our friends pulled off in order to pass or even make Dean's List.

But try again.

If you dont think most college students are "cheating" one way or the other, youre just being naive.

Most people get kicked out of college for cheating, so I am willing to bet that most people do not go this route.

Also, its rumored that an education below the Mason-Dixon Line ain't quite the same as one from above it... Not trying to offend anyone, just saying.

But try again.

You're definition of successful leaves the cheating question open as to the impact of cheating. Cheating to get through results in what is expected, under-prepared employees who, although gaining professional experience, lack a lot of what truly successful employees have... dedication, discipline and self-esteem. As someone who currently teaches in a college as a PhD candidate, I've caught college football players cheating. I know kids cheat, it's inevitable in large classrooms. But making a misleading statement that EVERYONE cheats is only done to make yourself feel better and justify your own actions. "hey, all the cool kids are doing it." Most kids don't. And the best students are the truly successful, both academically and professionally. If getting the degree is all that matters and that's your definition of success, you're missing the point. But congrats anyway.

Like I tell students and has been the topic of discussions with other instructors and professors... the real world is the ultimate equilibrium. You can't fake it and get by with excuses and lack of discpline and ignorance. So go ahead and cheat, what you get in the real world is a direct response to the easy way out attitude.

Most people get kicked out of college for cheating, so I am willing to bet that most people do not go this route.

Also, its rumored that an education below the Mason-Dixon Line ain't quite the same as one from above it... Not trying to offend anyone, just saying.

We had something called an honor code at my school, anyone heard of it? Though I'm not sure someone who has chosen yet another "clever" weed reference as their screename puts much stock in honor codes, so his cynicism is to be expected.

NGU, thanks again for your insight into the draft process for the Bills. Just for fun (and you don't have to answer), but how do you see the first three picks of the draft turning out. Obvisouly this means you have to guess who Carolina and Denver take. I understand this is nearly impossible to do because you don't have insider knowledge of those teams, but I'd enjoy your thoughts nonthless becuase you know more about how front offices work than anyone else on this board. (myself included). Thanks again for taking the time do do this!

Ryan. I am not positive. All signs point to Newton and Dareus going 1 and 2. But that is not exactly inside information. Carolina knows who they are going to pick and has for sometime. There is no vasilating going on. The comment about having 4 players on the board is pretty funny and simply to see if someone will move up. If that is the case it is likely Miller or Green for the Bills.

I hesitate to pass this on, but there is some Fairly talk. But it is not as specific as the other information, so I don't want to throw the board into a panic. Might just be becauuse he is well regarded. I also don't like being so nebulous. Sorry all. Some years things are just more readily available and apparent.

You're definition of successful leaves the cheating question open as to the impact of cheating. Cheating to get through results in what is expected, under-prepared employees who, although gaining professional experience, lack a lot of what truly successful employees have... dedication, discipline and self-esteem. As someone who currently teaches in a college as a PhD candidate, I've caught college football players cheating. I know kids cheat, it's inevitable in large classrooms. But making a misleading statement that EVERYONE cheats is only done to make yourself feel better and justify your own actions. "hey, all the cool kids are doing it." Most kids don't. And the best students are the truly successful, both academically and professionally. If getting the degree is all that matters and that's your definition of success, you're missing the point. But congrats anyway.

Like I tell students and has been the topic of discussions with other instructors and professors... the real world is the ultimate equilibrium. You can't fake it and get by with excuses and lack of discpline and ignorance. So go ahead and cheat, what you get in the real world is a direct response to the easy way out attitude.

Im not saying its the right thing to do, or that its ok. Im only saying that "It happens". Like it or not, there are plenty of "normal" students that do it. It may not be something as "Hollywood" as stealing the test from the professor's office. There are a lot of smaller things that are considered cheating.

There are a large number of kids across these major schools that are just there to get the piece of paper. Not why I was there, but Im not everyone. They are also considered "just a number" by their school. It happens, and slides through the cracks, on a large scale.

If it didnt happen, you wouldnt have to be having all of these discussions about it.

The original post was written like Newton was some kind of monster who is the only one dumb or brash enough to attempt this. He's not. It's typical behavior, unfortunately.

Ryan. I am not positive. All signs point to Newton and Dareus going 1 and 2. But that is not exactly inside information. Carolina knows who they are going to pick and has for sometime. There is no vasilating going on. The comment about having 4 players on the board is pretty funny and simply to see if someone will move up. If that is the case it is likely Miller or Green for the Bills.

I hesitate to pass this on, but there is some Fairly talk. But it is not as specific as the other information, so I don't want to throw the board into a panic. Might just be becauuse he is well regarded. I also don't like being so nebulous. Sorry all. Some years things are just more readily available and apparent.

Thanks, NGU. Appreciate all of the information and insight.