Two things I don't want to see in the 1st round...

1. NO CB or WR at #3. If the Bills have a great grade on Newton or Gabbert, fine. If not, DL or OLB.

2. Do NOT trade back into the 1st round. The further you go into the draft, the more of a crapshoot it is. They are not in a position to be pissing away extra picks to move up from #34 back into the 1st round.

1. NO CB or WR at #3. If the Bills have a great grade on Newton or Gabbert, fine. If not, DL or OLB.

2. Do NOT trade back into the 1st round. The further you go into the draft, the more of a crapshoot it is. They are not in a position to be pissing away extra picks to move up from #34 back into the 1st round.

I'm with you on your second point. The talent is pretty evenly distributed through the first few rounds with potential help at the 34th pick. I have been a proponent to trade down when possible, not up. As for your first point, if Dareus and Miller are both gone I would be OK with Peterson. This guy is considered by many to be "the" elite player in this draft. It would be a little high for a cb but historically the results have been very favorable for top 10 cb's. While it doesn't seem to be a huge hole, look at the lost time for McGee the last couple years and the inconsistancy of Mclovin. Florence has been solid but he is also getting gray, as is McGee. It may be time for a change. While many are clammoring for a pass rusher, maybe what we need is better coverage to give the rushers more time to get sacks. It is very much a two way street.

+1 minus Gabbert (or atleast not @ 3)

I'm with you on your second point. The talent is pretty evenly distributed through the first few rounds with potential help at the 34th pick. I have been a proponent to trade down when possible, not up. As for your first point, if Dareus and Miller are both gone I would be OK with Peterson. This guy is considered by many to be "the" elite player in this draft. It would be a little high for a cb but historically the results have been very favorable for top 10 cb's. While it doesn't seem to be a huge hole, look at the lost time for McGee the last couple years and the inconsistancy of Mclovin. Florence has been solid but he is also getting gray, as is McGee. It may be time for a change. While many are clammoring for a pass rusher, maybe what we need is better coverage to give the rushers more time to get sacks. It is very much a two way street.

Coverage and sacks do go together like peanut butter and jelly. The Bills' problem is that we have such a terrible pass rush that all the CBs in the world couldn't help our sack total. Unless we are going to be using first round and high paid corners and run the dime package all day we will continue to be exposed for our lack of pass rush. Out only real pass coverage issue in my opinion is that Poz can't cover a TE to save his life. By mid season last year we gave up a TE score every week if I am not mistaken. Look at the tape and you will see Poz getting dusted and scored on in most.

We need guys that can get a whiff of the QB you will be surprised how good our CBs start looking. That being said we need to stop the run before anyone will find it necessary to pass on us.

Edited by PDaDdy

A cornerback. Really? A cornerback? Seriously bro, how can you draft a cornerback?

A cornerback. Really? A cornerback? Seriously bro, how can you draft a cornerback?

Easily. cornerbacks, safeties and special teams are the most important elements of a football team, especially when the team plays in the elements.

Signed,

Marv Levy/Dick Jaauron

You cannot be serious. The Bills need to build their DL if they are to have any chance of improvong significantly this year and in the future. They need a disruptive Dlineman who the other team needs to account for. That has to be Nick Fairly. I am so sick of reading all of this analysis about QB, DB and even LB. The Bills need to upgrade their DL first and foremost, especially in the Division they are in. I'm not saying Von Miller isn't a good player, but he's not the difference maker Fairley would be. Fairly reminds me of Warren Sapp to a lesser degree. He can play inside or outside and has incredible talent. Just watch tape of him thie year. Dareus is a solid player, but not the difference maker Fairly is. We'll see on Thursday if Nix has any clue or not. If he does not draft DL, not sure where this team is headed. Just remember LAST vs. the run and vs. the pass was not much better. Hard to watch last year.

I pretty much agree with you, the only way it would make sense to trade up, is if the QB they "really" want is available at the end of round one (Ponder?), and they feel they have to jump the Bengals in order to get him.

Edited by billsfreak

Although he wouldn't be my first choice, I would have no problem with them taking Peterson at #3. McGee couldn't get on the field much at all last year. McFumble was only a shadow of his rookie season. Florence is not even under contract. The only reason it would make sense, is like you said, most so called experts say that Peterson is the best player in the draft by far. He is big for a DB, returns kicks with the best of them and can even play wideout.

Edited by billsfreak

You cannot be serious. The Bills need to build their DL if they are to have any chance of improvong significantly this year and in the future. They need a disruptive Dlineman who the other team needs to account for. That has to be Nick Fairly. I am so sick of reading all of this analysis about QB, DB and even LB. The Bills need to upgrade their DL first and foremost, especially in the Division they are in. I'm not saying Von Miller isn't a good player, but he's not the difference maker Fairley would be. Fairly reminds me of Warren Sapp to a lesser degree. He can play inside or outside and has incredible talent. Just watch tape of him thie year. Dareus is a solid player, but not the difference maker Fairly is. We'll see on Thursday if Nix has any clue or not. If he does not draft DL, not sure where this team is headed. Just remember LAST vs. the run and vs. the pass was not much better. Hard to watch last year.

I'm with ya 100% on this one. Nick Fairley should be our pick. Line him up next to Kyle, play a 4-3 and blitz early and often.

I agree with the OP that we should not take a QB or CB. These positions maybe aren't great strengths for us, but they sure aren't the glaring weaknesses that Oline and DLine and LB is. If we take Peterson at 3 I'm going to throw my shoe through the TV.

I'm with ya 100% on this one. Nick Fairley should be our pick. Line him up next to Kyle, play a 4-3 and blitz early and often.

I agree with the OP that we should not take a QB or CB. These positions maybe aren't great strengths for us, but they sure aren't the glaring weaknesses that Oline and DLine and LB is. If we take Peterson at 3 I'm going to throw my shoe through the TV.

Dam! What kind of shoes do you wear?

Easily. cornerbacks, safeties and special teams are the most important elements of a football team, especially when the team plays in the elements.

Signed,

Marv Levy/Dick Jaauron

:lol:

Plus, think of all the run support you can get from a CB!

While I'm not saying our DL can't use some help, in a 3/4 D the LB's are the heart of the D and our LB's are pedestrian at best. We drafted Troup, he just needs time to develop. What we really need are some run stuffing ILB's but this a very weak year to invest in that area. Fairly is a Kyle Williams duplicate so the pick would not be adressing a need. Dareus or Miller would be needed upgrades but if they are gone, which I believe they will be Peterson makes sense at that spot. Or we could go AJ Green to help the O. JMHO