Bills may already be trying to trade up into the end of Rd 1

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing about people suggesting we are going to pick either Mallet, Dalton, or Kapernack is that neither of these guys were invited to One Bills Drive for a workout. Ponder, Newton, Gabbert, and Tyrod Taylor have all been to One Bills Drive this offseason. The Bills are obviously targeting these players and the report that has the Bills researching a possible trade back into the 1st round to target someone like Ponder have some merit.

Just to counter-spin this thread in a positive direction, what if it's not Ponder they're after, but Gabe Carimi? My dream scenario (other than a trade down from #3, which Nix seems allergic to) would be Dareus and Miller going 1-2, and the Bills shocking the world and their fans by taking the most disruptive, unblockable defensive player in the country at #3 - Nick Fairley, and then trading back into the bottom of Rd 1 to take the draft's most NFL-ready tackle, Gabe Carimi. Boom - two biggest needs on the team addressed with the two best players (IMO) at their positions.

(I know, it's a pipe dream. The smart money says we'll get an undersized linebacker and a backup QB.)

Sorry. 7 QBs are not going in round one and two. Last year we asked if Clausen would make it 9? Would Mccoy be there in the second? None of these Qbs are cant miss guys why are we throwing picks at a weak draft class.

I would agree with you if teams had been able to pick up veterans as they normally would, but McNabb, Kolb and Palmer (among others) are still sitting with their old teams and teams that would like a QB (AZ, SF, Minny...) still need a QB. I wouldn't be surprised to see 6 maybe 7 within the first 2 rounds.

Just to counter-spin this thread in a positive direction, what if it's not Ponder they're after, but Gabe Carimi? My dream scenario (other than a trade down from #3, which Nix seems allergic to) would be Dareus and Miller going 1-2, and the Bills shocking the world and their fans by taking the most disruptive, unblockable defensive player in the country at #3 - Nick Fairley, and then trading back into the bottom of Rd 1 to take the draft's most NFL-ready tackle, Gabe Carimi. Boom - two biggest needs on the team addressed with the two best players (IMO) at their positions.

(I know, it's a pipe dream. The smart money says we'll get an undersized linebacker and a backup QB.)

That would be great if the Bills could draft Carimi. Maybe this stuff about trading back up for a QB is just a smokescreen.

NOOOOOO!!!!! to Ponder :w00t:, where ever he might be picked. He is Trent Edwards all over again.

Mallet (based on ability) or Dalton (Based on results), I would be OK with - but please not by trading away picks.

They could toss in next year's 1st rounder. :devil:

Actually, just so long as they don't trade their 5th, 6th, or 7th rounders, since that is their wheelhouse... :lol:

getting less picks would be the dumbest thing we could ever do especially considering our draft position in each round. Generally speaking, There are afew players that will be drafted very high every year and outside of them there is no way that you could equate one pick to be of more value that several regardless of position.

the draft is mostly a crap shoot. the best way to increase your odds of picking a future star, regardless of round, is to have more picks in each round. trading up should rarely be done.

With Easley returning, we already have more than enough capable wide receivers, no chance we draft another in my view.

NOOOOOO!!!!! to Ponder :w00t:, where ever he might be picked. He is Trent Edwards all over again.

Mallet (based on ability) or Dalton (Based on results), I would be OK with - but please not by trading away picks.

Please explain why you think Ponder is Edwards all over again. Or did you just see Ponder's NFL comparison was Trent in some draft magazine?

Fire Nix hire Coach Tuesday

Please explain why you think Ponder is Edwards all over again. Or did you just see Ponder's NFL comparison was Trent in some draft magazine?

You see Bang, for some Folks here at TSW every QB coming out of College can somehow be compared to Trent, JP, or RJ...It seems to be a new Scouting System discovered by certain disgruntled Bills Fans... B-)

You see Bang, for some Folks here at TSW every QB coming out of College can somehow be compared to Trent, JP, or RJ...It seems to be a new Scouting System discovered by certain disgruntled Bills Fans... B-)

Want a new comparison? How about Drew Stanton...

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2011/introducing-lewin-career-forecast-v20

"Christian Ponder, Florida State: 413 DYAR

Important stats: 33 games started, 61.8% completion rate, senior passer rating dropped 12.0 points.

Maybe somebody reaches for him because so many teams have quarterback needs this year, but Ponder just seems to me like a classic third-round pick. How high is his ceiling, really? Isn't he basically just Drew Stanton? I would be scared of how his improvement stagnated in his senior year."

You guys should listen to these "folks" because they're not acting like irrational love sick puppy dogs who are head over heals with any and every mid round level QB in the draft...OMG!!! LOOK AT ALL THESE QBs!!!! LET'S BE LIKE THE PANTHERS LAST YEAR AND BLOW A HIGH PICK OR TWO ON ONE OF THEM!!!!

Want a new comparison? How about Drew Stanton...

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2011/introducing-lewin-career-forecast-v20

"Christian Ponder, Florida State: 413 DYAR

Important stats: 33 games started, 61.8% completion rate, senior passer rating dropped 12.0 points.

Maybe somebody reaches for him because so many teams have quarterback needs this year, but Ponder just seems to me like a classic third-round pick. How high is his ceiling, really? Isn't he basically just Drew Stanton? I would be scared of how his improvement stagnated in his senior year."

You guys should listen to these "folks" because they're not acting like irrational love sick puppy dogs who are head over heals with any and every mid round level QB in the draft...OMG!!! LOOK AT ALL THESE QBs!!!! LET'S BE LIKE THE PANTHERS LAST YEAR AND BLOW A HIGH PICK OR TWO ON ONE OF THEM!!!!

Isn't he basically Drew Stanton? Basically, you have no idea.