"Camp Fitz"

Speedy G

Bills Players Working Out At "Camp Fitz"

by Brian Galliford on Apr 20, 2011 8:31 AM EDT from Buffalo Rumblings

"While Buffalo Bills fans are anxiously awaiting the 2011 NFL Draft, a small group of Bills players are out in Arizona working out together. I'm not precisely sure who all is there, but judging by the above photo, at least two quarterbacks (Ryan Fitzpatrick, Levi Brown), one running back (Fred Jackson) and five wide receivers (Stevie Johnson, David Nelson, Donald Jones, Naaman Roosevelt and Marcus Easley) are attending what the group is calling "Camp Fitz."

They may be locked out, but they're still working on building something. As fans, we can't ask for anything more than that. Just a couple of opinions I'd like to share: if you're not sold on Fitzpatrick being, at minimum, a leader for this team, please allow this to melt your icy exterior. (Also, he appears to be wearing an Autobot t-shirt. That is also really awesome.)

Before I turn the comment section over to you, I'll leave you with one final, non-Fitzpatrick thought: Marcus Easley appears to be a gigantic and physically fit human being. :thumbsup: Great read Brian ! could the Bills have a stud tight end already on the roster? Maybe... :flirt:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbsup:

"While Buffalo Bills fans are anxiously awaiting the 2011 NFL Draft, a small group of Bills players are out in Arizona working out together. I'm not precisely sure who all is there, but judging by the above photo, at least two quarterbacks (Ryan Fitzpatrick, Levi Brown), one running back (Fred Jackson) and five wide receivers (Stevie Johnson, David Nelson, Donald Jones, Naaman Roosevelt and Marcus Easley) are attending what the group is calling "Camp Fitz."

They may be locked out, but they're still working on building something. As fans, we can't ask for anything more than that. Just a couple of opinions I'd like to share: if you're not sold on Fitzpatrick being, at minimum, a leader for this team, please allow this to melt your icy exterior. (Also, he appears to be wearing an Autobot t-shirt. That is also really awesome.)

Before I turn the comment section over to you, I'll leave you with one final, non-Fitzpatrick thought: Marcus Easley appears to be a gigantic and physically fit human being. :thumbsup: Great read Brian ! could the Bills have a stud tight end already on the roster? Maybe... :flirt:

Pretty funny stuff. :lol: I have high hopes for Easley for some reason. Sounds like an intelligent kid. Let's hope he

picks up the Bills O fast and gets some this year.

I don't mean this as a knock, but as a matter of perspective - most teams are doing this, if not more. It's great he's doing it, but it's almost expected, not exceeding expectations. I think it says more about lee and cj than it does the guys attending.

I don't mean this as a knock, but as a matter of perspective - most teams are doing this, if not more. It's great he's doing it, but it's almost expected, not exceeding expectations. I think it says more about lee and cj than it does the guys attending.

Then he is doing what is expected and what it takes to bring a team together, that's called leadership my friend, someone has to be the glue, it's not a matter of expectations, it's more like he wants to do whatever he can to help the team, and as far as Lee and C.J. go, don't read anything into that, they might not have been able to be there for numerous reasons. Let's just hope the defense starts doing this too !

Fitz is awesome. He deserves to be the starter & stake his claim as the future qb of this team. This stuff will also make him a great mentor for a qb we draft this year.

If Newton can have 75% of Fitz' intangibles, he will be an all pro.

Fitz is awesome. He deserves to be the starter & stake his claim as the future qb of this team. This stuff will also make him a great mentor for a qb we draft this year.

If Newton can have 75% of Fitz' intangibles, he will be an all pro.

Then he is doing what is expected and what it takes to bring a team together, that's called leadership my friend, someone has to be the glue, it's not a matter of expectations, it's more like he wants to do whatever he can to help the team, and as far as Lee and C.J. go, don't read anything into that, they might not have been able to be there for numerous reasons. Let's just hope the defense starts doing this too !

From what I've read on this board, Lee will be there tomorrow (flying from Miami). Dunno about CJ, but I expect the majority of the offense will be there.

Buddy Nix said on his season ticket holder conference call that he thinks David Nelson might be a good pass catching TE. We gotta find a place for this guy.

That's what I've been saying. The Bills currently have 7 WR's (sorry Felton Huggins and Paul Hubbard) and will likely keep only 6. Having Nelson bulk-up and move to TE would be the ideal move. I don't know how he is as a blocker, but he's a good receiver and he's got the height for it.

As for Easley, I keep forgetting about him. I like the receiving corps as it is, but if he develops, it's like found money.

The Bills must be awfully desperate for a TE when TBD Posters are trying to turn 215 lb WR's into TE's on consecutive days... B-)

Prediction: Fitzpatrick will be the Bills' franchise QB by the end of this year. I really do believe that this guy is becoming the next Drew Brees (poor man's yes, but almost as good as) before our very eyes (I was the first one to state as such in the early part of last season). Mark it down people, he's going to have over 30 TDs in 2011 and in a few years he's going to be the QB that brings the Buffalo Bills it's first Superbowl win. Now let's go get us some defense this draft!!!!

Prediction: Fitzpatrick will be the Bills' franchise QB by the end of this year. I really do believe that this guy is becoming the next Drew Brees (poor man's yes, but almost as good as) before our very eyes (I was the first one to state as such in the early part of last season). Mark it down people, he's going to have over 30 TDs in 2011 and in a few years he's going to be the QB that brings the Buffalo Bills it's first Superbowl win. Now let's go get us some defense this draft!!!!

Well that's a serious limb you've gone out on there... :lol:

But regardless of whether or not I agree...I do hope you're right about Fitz...But I just don't see how a Career 58% Passer is going to turn into the next Brees, who is one of the most accurate Passers in the history of the NFL...But again I hope you're right...Sometimes miracles do happen... B-)

Well that's a serious limb you've gone out on there... :lol:

But regardless of whether or not I agree...I do hope you're right about Fitz...But I just don't see how a Career 58% Passer is going to turn into the next Brees, who is one of the most accurate Passers in the history of the NFL...But again I hope you're right...Sometimes miracles do happen... B-)

Drew Brees was a 59% passer during his first 3 seasons before the light really went on for him. Drew Brees was a mediocre QB before he became drew brees, hence the drafting of Philip Rivers.

Do me a favor...look at fitz's last 3 seasons (since he barely played during his 1st 3). Tell me what would your opinion be of a QB who put up those numbers after being drafted in 2008. To me, it looks like a QB on the rise who has finally started to "get it".