"Camp Fitz"

Speedy G

No offense to you, but some Bills Fans still see him as a back-up caliber Player because so do NFL experts and Hall Of Fame caliber Players. Some of whom who PLAYED against Fitz...Did you see what Willie McGinest and Trent Green said just last night on NFL Network about Fitz? And none of these ex-players are taking anything away from what Fitz did last year...They admit he played very well at times...McGinest said he's not a bad QB at all...But as a Franchise/Face of the Organization QB...Not so much...

McGinest said "You're talking about who you are going to put your Franchise behind, and it's not Ryan Fitzpatrick...I like the guy, I played against him, I think he's a good Player...But I don't think The Bills are ready to say hey, we're going to open the gates, put everything behind you...You have two talented guys in the Draft that can change that...That the Bills can be proud of...It's a QB driven league...I think they want to go with somebody that is going to get everyone excited. And that's a big time QB...That's one of these guys coming out in the Draft..." McGinest and Green were referring to Newton and Gabbert btw...

I saw it written here numerous times by Bills fans that the Presser was indication enough that The Bills would not take a QB at #3...The guys on the NFL Network completely disagreed with that and took the opposite stance...The comment by Buddy about this being the right time to take a QB was proof enough for them...Why? Because they don't believe The Bills have a Franchise QB...They don't believe in Fitz...Almost no one outside of Buffalo does...I've seen Deion Sanders and others on the NFL Network laugh when posed with the Fitz question...They LAUGH!!! Now granted all these "experts" could be wrong...But I'm telling you there is almost no one outside of some Bills Fans and some Folks over at OBD that believe Fitz is a long term solution at Starting QB for ANY NFL Team...So don't just point to Bills Fans because it's not just Bills Fans...It's the CLEAR majority of Folks who get paid to cover NFL Football as well...And I imagine it's those opinions that are shaping some Bills Fans' opinions... B-)

Good points indeed but remember sexy is not always the best option. Here is where I stand. Although I do have concerns about Fitz's accuracy he showed me he could lead an offense last year. With Gaileys tuteledge I think he only gets better this year. In a year where there is no clear cut franchise qb available, why try to force with taking Gabbert(Newton is going #1). Before the start of the season Gabbert was not even mentioned as a first round pick & was thought to be looking into staying in school for his full 4 years. So what happened to change that? This guys production sucked last year, & I may add he was in an offense that is QB friendly(look at Chase Daniels numbers the year before). Yeah, Yeah, I know he did not have a supporting cast. My point is the hype machine is a pretty powerful thing this time of year & the hype machine on Gabbert is in full force right now. His production does not justify using the 3rd pick in the draft on him.

I would go defense with the 3rd pick & then roll the dice by taking Ponder/Locker/Kapernick with your 2nd pick. Let them sit here for a year or 2 & learn under Fitz & if Fitz does work out then you hold an auction for them in a few years & hopefully you could recoupe some of the draft pick you threw away over the last 13 years trying to replcae Kelly. Those guys have just as much of a chance to be a franchise qb as Gabbert does imo.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does running back touches depress completion percentage stats? They don't, and when you have a great RB threat like LaDainian, those touches are likely to increase completion percentage on play action passes.

That's probably what San Diego fans were saying. There are plenty of guys who didn't have "it" till later on like Kurt Warner, Rich Gannon, and yes, Drew Brees.

Oh please, I saw that. Those two former players no NOTHING about our team. I'll bet you that they didn't even watch us play last season. The fact that they see Blaine Gabbert (btw, they didn't even mention anyone, including Von Miller, in the whole piece) as a "no brainer" pick tells you all you need to know about their "sage" advice for our team.

Gabbert was a deer in headlights in college, there's no way we take a QB like Gabbert after what we endured with Edwards and Losman. I was literally laughing at them!

Right...Nobody knows anything unless they agree with you...And you're comparing Fitz to Players who accomplished WAY more than Fitz has shown he can so far...But that's OK...You're on record...You love the guy...That's cool...

I know plenty about The Bills...Have not missed a single Down of Football in 20 years now...I don't think Fitz is the answer...These are ex Players who have forgotten more abut NFL Football than most of us know...They may not see every Down...But they don't have to...They played the Game at a high level...They just know...Like I said they could be wrong...But the overriding opinion on Fitz is he's not good enough to be a Franchise/Playoff caliber QB...Only Fitz is going to be able to change that opinion of him...But you can't deny the general feeling in the NFL Community is that Fitz is not good enough...That opinion is there and it's prevalent...You would be denying the truth...

We'll see who is right in time...I'm not saying Fitz can't be the man...I'm only saying I doubt it...And if I'm wrong I'll have PLENTY of company...B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

Right...Nobody knows anything unless they agree with you...And you're comparing Fitz to Players who accomplished WAY more than Fitz has shown he can so far...But that's OK...You're on record...You love the guy...That's cool...

I know plenty about The Bills...Have not missed a single Down of Football in 20 years now...I don't think Fitz is the answer...These are ex Players who have forgotten more abut NFL Football than most of us know...They may not see every Down...But they don't have to...They played the Game at a high level...They just know...Like I said they could be wrong...But the overriding opinion on Fitz is he's not good enough to be a Franchise/Playoff caliber QB...Only Fitz is going to be able to change that opinion of him...But you can't deny the general feeling in the NFL Community is that Fitz is not good enough...That opinion is there and it's prevalent...You would be denying the truth...

We'll see who is right in time...I'm not saying Fitz can't be the man...I'm only saying I doubt it...And if I'm wrong I'll have PLENTY of company...B-)

These are the same things they were saying about Drew Brees. Remember Miami balking at getting Brees? BTW, don't put any stock in the opinions of people who don't watch us. I don't care if they've played in the NFL or not, they did not watch our team last year. You would have been much more on track if you'd said "they may have not missed every down."

We obviously differ, but at least we've both watched our team's whole season. I can respect your opinion, not those two guys pretending to have a clue what our team's holes are.

No offense to you, but some Bills Fans still see him as a back-up caliber Player because so do NFL experts and Hall Of Fame caliber Players. Some of whom who PLAYED against Fitz...Did you see what Willie McGinest and Trent Green said just last night on NFL Network about Fitz? And none of these ex-players are taking anything away from what Fitz did last year...They admit he played very well at times...McGinest said he's not a bad QB at all...But as a Franchise/Face of the Organization QB...Not so much...

McGinest said "You're talking about who you are going to put your Franchise behind, and it's not Ryan Fitzpatrick...I like the guy, I played against him, I think he's a good Player...But I don't think The Bills are ready to say hey, we're going to open the gates, put everything behind you...You have two talented guys in the Draft that can change that...That the Bills can be proud of...It's a QB driven league...I think they want to go with somebody that is going to get everyone excited. And that's a big time QB...That's one of these guys coming out in the Draft..." McGinest and Green were referring to Newton and Gabbert btw...

I saw it written here numerous times by Bills fans that the Presser was indication enough that The Bills would not take a QB at #3...The guys on the NFL Network completely disagreed with that and took the opposite stance...The comment by Buddy about this being the right time to take a QB was proof enough for them...Why? Because they don't believe The Bills have a Franchise QB...They don't believe in Fitz...Almost no one outside of Buffalo does...I've seen Deion Sanders and others on the NFL Network laugh when posed with the Fitz question...They LAUGH!!! Now granted all these "experts" could be wrong...But I'm telling you there is almost no one outside of some Bills Fans and some Folks over at OBD that believe Fitz is a long term solution at Starting QB for ANY NFL Team...So don't just point to Bills Fans because it's not just Bills Fans...It's the CLEAR majority of Folks who get paid to cover NFL Football as well...And I imagine it's those opinions that are shaping some Bills Fans' opinions... B-)

Did you just call Deion Sanders an expert....on quarterbacks?!?! C'mon Man!!! :doh:

How does running back touches depress completion percentage stats? They don't, and when you have a great RB threat like LaDainian, those touches are likely to increase completion percentage on play action passes.

That's probably what San Diego fans were saying. There are plenty of guys who didn't have "it" till later on like Kurt Warner, Rich Gannon, and yes, Drew Brees.

Miami passed on Brees bc he had a major shoulder injury. By that time he was a multiple pro bowler.

By this point in his career Brees was a pro bowler as compared to Fitz.

I didnt say it compressed %, but it lowers overall yards TDs Ints. It was in reply to a poster saying Brees' numbers werent fair bc he had a good running game.

Edited by K Gun Special

Did you just call Deion Sanders an expert....on quarterbacks?!?! C'mon Man!!! :doh:

No, I said he was laughing about Fitz...And then I said "experts..." The quotations were purposeful...And he may not be an expert on QB's...But he sure as hell is an expert on how to Defend against them...Don't let his act fool you....The guy knows Football...He's not an idiot...He just acts like one sometimes...And I would definitely take his opinion over a lot of Bills Fans...Not all, but a lot... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

Drew Brees was a 59% passer during his first 3 seasons before the light really went on for him. Drew Brees was a mediocre QB before he became drew brees, hence the drafting of Philip Rivers.

Drew Brees was also a hell of a college quarterback...and a top-ranked Texas high school quarterback before he hurt his knee.

So, you know, as much as I love Fitz, I find the comparison to Brees highly laughable.

No, I said he was laughing about Fitz...And then I said "experts..." The quotations were purposeful...And he may not be an expert on QB's...But he sure as hell is an expert on how to Defend against them...Don't let his act fool you....The guy knows Football...He's not an idiot...He just acts like one sometimes...And I would definitely take his opinion over a lot of Bills Fans...Not all, but a lot... B-)

Just foolin wit ya. Deion laughs at everything though, and your facetious use of quotes does not negate the fact that you were using his opinion to support your own. I am not disputing your opinion, though I do disagree. And I don't hate Deion, but his words and insolent laughter will convince no one around here, so I think you lost a little ground by bringing him into the discussion - just sayin.

Edited by Buffalokie

Drew Brees was also a hell of a college quarterback...and a top-ranked Texas high school quarterback before he hurt his knee.

So, you know, as much as I love Fitz, I find the comparison to Brees highly laughable.

Also, drew passed on Miami and came to new orleans by choice. He didn't like how Miami handled the injury issue. Miami had a decent offer out there.

Just foolin wit ya. Deion laughs at everything though, and your facetions use of quotes does not negate the fact that you were using his opinion to support your own. I am not disputing your opinion, though I do disagree. And I don't hate Deion, but his words and insolent laughter will convince no one around here, so I think you lost a little ground by bringing him into the discussion - just sayin.

Dilfer? He laughed too...There are others...But I hear what you're saying...I'm no Deion on TV Fan either...Though I do think he's better than Michael Irvin... :lol:

I will throw this out there for the franchise crowd- would you be upset if they resigned fitz to a deal in the neighborhood of 10m a year? If your not ok with that, he hasn't proven to be a franchise qb yet, and anything you are saying is that you hope he will be one, maybe.

Dilfer? He laughed too...There are others...But I hear what you're saying...I'm no Deion on TV Fan either...Though I do think he's better than Michael Irvin... :lol:

None of those num-nuts have any effect on my opinion of Ryan Fitzpatrick. Do they know more about football than I do? Of course...as do you, I'm sure. Are they entertaining enough to get on TV? I guess. I respect your opinion more so than any of the "experts" you mentioned so far - but I quess that's not saying much :nana:

I'll just go back to what I was doing, because there is no way I can debate this with you. I just wanted to bag on Deion a little and show our man Fitz some love.

Ryan Fitzpatrick - 2011 MVP!!! Go Bills!!!

Edited by Buffalokie

My question is....what are the things that make people think that Fitz CANT be the guy....

Accuracy? This is the one thing I keep coming back to.....

If that is the case then draft Andy Dalton and groom him.....despite his red hair he is Fitz with accuracy.

AND we can probably get him with our 2nd pick

Andy Dalton might be an under-the-radar type prospect for the Bills, even though we didn't bring him in for a workout. I'm sure Chan got to know him pretty well (along with Ponder) during the senior bowl. If they think that either of those 2 prospects are our guy, then I'm sure they'll try to draft them when the time comes.

I wonder what Easley's blocking is like......

I'm wondering the same thing. One of the pics shows how massive his upper body is but with those baggy shorts it's hard to tell if he has the leg muscles to really take on bigger guys like LB's.

I wonder what Easley's blocking is like......

Nix or Gailey said that the 3 best WR's in the 2010 draft at blocking were Demaryius Thomas, Marcus Easley, and Donald Jones. And as an aside, since the Bills had a need at WR and Thomas went GT, I still maintain that he was the guy they were trying to trade back into the 1st round to get.

Also, drew passed on Miami and came to new orleans by choice. He didn't like how Miami handled the injury issue. Miami had a decent offer out there.

Miami never made Brees an offer. They didn't like his shoulder.

Prediction: Fitzpatrick will be the Bills' franchise QB by the end of this year. I really do believe that this guy is becoming the next Drew Brees (poor man's yes, but almost as good as) before our very eyes (I was the first one to state as such in the early part of last season). Mark it down people, he's going to have over 30 TDs in 2011 and in a few years he's going to be the QB that brings the Buffalo Bills it's first Superbowl win. Now let's go get us some defense this draft!!!!

man I would LOVE to see that!

Also think it's cool Bad Bad Levi was there. maybe some Fitzmagic rubs off on him, to be a solid #2.

Edited by dgrid