Congrats Terry Pegula

I dunno, but Yogi Berra was right when he said "90% of this game is half mental." Sabreland has to be a nicer place to go to work in every day with Pegula at the top, so maybe that's it. Or maybe it's the pressure of realizing the new regime will move out the dead wood faster than the old because it will be more aggressive about finding replacements (upgrades). In any event this team is better than it was in the fall.

I still don't think they have the firepower to win the Cup this year, but there's a lot to be happy about. Now if they can only sign Lindy Ruff . . .

While Pegs is a dream owner, the team battled back from worst in the NHL in December, to 10th in the Eastern Conference before Pegs took over (including a 3-game swoon right before he was announced as the new owner against Atlanta). There were no major moves made (they added Boyes, who they would have added anyway), and the improvement has been keyed by good play from the younger players as well as Miller playing better.

Pegs' influence will ideally be felt after the season, i.e. in FO and player moves. But spending money doesn't ensure success. I'm just happy that the team will be in Buffalo for the remainder of my lifetime.

:thumbsup:

Great win to begin the post season! In a 1-0 game, especially when the officiating isn't going your way, every little play matters. The play of the game was Butler stopping the rush by knocking the puck out of mid air and leading to the Kaleta goal. A very minor play in which no one will mention, but it's the little things that get the job done. Terry Pegula has energized the Sabres and the City, there is something to it. All the haters that say and will continue to say "This is the same team before Pegula" or just biting their teeth to call Miller "Mr. Softy" can go to hell as far as I'm concered. I am so sick of these negative people. I love the NHL playoffs and I love the Sabres. Pegula taking over ownership is just the absolute best thing to ever happen to this organization. Here's to an exciting playoff run and many more to come... :beer:

GO SABRES!!!

Its definitely too early to write the book on Pegula but the early signs are certainly encouraging. I'm very optimistic about what Regier will be able to do now that he has access to the checkbook. No GM in the league has done more with less. The Sabres lineup has been almost entirely home grown talent since I was old enough to watch. With enough cash to retain our talent and add a few FAs I think the future is bright in Buffalo.

Tyler Myers future Norris winner? Absolutely. He is light years ahead of the learning curve for a young defensemen in the NHL. Normally D-men start to realize their potential around age 30 as their experience and awareness develops. See Scott Stevens, Scott Neidermayer, Lidstrom, Chelios, and Chara, even though I despise the guy. Each of those pretty dominant defensemen had their best years in the second halves of their careers. For Myers to be where he is at the age of 21 is unbelievable. When he fills out that frame, watch out. God I wish he would put on a USA sweater next olympics (born in Dallas, lived in Calgary).

While Pegs is a dream owner, the team battled back from worst in the NHL in December, to 10th in the Eastern Conference before Pegs took over (including a 3-game swoon right before he was announced as the new owner against Atlanta). There were no major moves made (they added Boyes, who they would have added anyway), and the improvement has been keyed by good play from the younger players as well as Miller playing better.

Pegs' influence will ideally be felt after the season, i.e. in FO and player moves. But spending money doesn't ensure success. I'm just happy that the team will be in Buffalo for the remainder of my lifetime.

:thumbsup:

I agree with all of this. Pegula is a great guy by all accounts, but other than him saying all the right things at this point, this is Tom G's (last) team.

I don't know, T-Pegs might not be the reason the Sabres turned it around (I personally think he is a big factor), but he certainly knows how to stroke the fans...

http://wgr550.com/-Party-in-the-Plaza--To-Return/9607733

Party on the plaza returns, with an additional screen!

Did they ever actually stop doing those at all during the Golisano ownership?

Did they ever actually stop doing those at all during the Golisano ownership?

I don't think so, but, I was just impressed that they added a second screen..."Hockey Heaven" :thumbsup:

It's the uniforms. :rolleyes:

Just noticed, you got a gold frame for your birthday!

It's over.

Startling Stat: Sabres have never come back to win a series from a 2-1 playoff deficit. (effin' grim!) HE's overrated -shutout in a sh*tty game notwithstanding. HE'S the epitomy of the Sabres current lot in life. Bench Miller! Give 'the kid' a chance to alter history. Give the Sabres a chance at a brighter future!

Enroth! ENROTH! ENROTH!!

It's over.

Startling Stat: Sabres have never come back to win a series from a 2-1 playoff deficit. (effin' grim!) HE's overrated -shutout in a sh*tty game notwithstanding. HE'S the epitomy of the Sabres current lot in life. Bench Miller! Give 'the kid' a chance to alter history. Give the Sabres a chance at a brighter future!

Enroth! ENROTH! ENROTH!!

This is sarcasm right? No one outside of PPP is this stupid.

It's over.

Enroth! ENROTH! ENROTH!!

Well, in every series with the Flyers, the team who wins game 1 wins the series.

It's over.

Enroth! ENROTH! ENROTH!!

On the fence on this one...

The difference between the shut-out Ryan Miller of game 1, and the not so special Miller of games 2 & 3 is the performance of the defense. In game 1, everyone was "selling themselves out" on the defensive end of things, but that dedication hasn't been there the last two games...but I agree, Miller isn't the game saver he is portrayed as, most nights.

I wouldn't mind seeing Enroth either. If only because the team seems to respond well to goalie changes. Laviolette has figured this out with his squad, but Lindy isn't as likely to give Miller as quick of a hook. If things continue the way they have, in game 4, I say, go with Enroth.

On the fence on this one...

The difference between the shut-out Ryan Miller of game 1, and the not so special Miller of games 2 & 3 is the performance of the defense. In game 1, everyone was "selling themselves out" on the defensive end of things, but that dedication hasn't been there the last two games...but I agree, Miller isn't the game saver he is portrayed as, most nights.

I wouldn't mind seeing Enroth either. If only because the team seems to respond well to goalie changes. Laviolette has figured this out with his squad, but Lindy isn't as likely to give Miller as quick of a hook. If things continue the way they have, in game 4, I say, go with Enroth.

I agree -of course- with the Miller e v a l. IMO, more than a lack of defensive caretaking -though there was plenty of that- the forwards aren't getting to lose pucks the majority of the time. Needless to say what that leads to.. IMO, Philly took control of this series last night. Hope I'm wrong, but it's all so hauntingly familiar..

I agree -of course- with the Miller e v a l. IMO, more than a lack of defensive caretaking -though there was plenty of that- the forwards aren't getting to lose pucks the majority of the time. Needless to say what that leads to.. IMO, Philly took control of this series last night. Hope I'm wrong, but it's all so hauntingly familiar..

The defense has been absolutely horrible these past 2 games. They are really struggling with the Floppers forechecking. I lost count of Myers give aways, just brutal. I think the problem is more psychological with the Defense. They are not a very physical D and the persona of the Philadelphia teams of the past still persists. Even though this is not a very physical Philly team, especially with Pronger out of the lineup. I really think Philly is baiting the Sabres into stupid penalties and getting them out of their game and then when a Philly player is barely touched, he's flopping around like a fish out of water. I have to give Philly credit, they are playing smart and drawing penalties. It's not Philly hockey and actually embarrassing by Philly standards, but it's working. The Sabres need to play their style and ease up on proving they can be physical. They need to be smarter that's it. This series is far from over and I expect a much better Defensive showing in game 4. GO SABRES!!!!

Edited by ricojes

Wrong, Dave in Norfolk posted today on OTW. Wanted to remind us Timothy McVeigh was anti government.

Ooooooohhhhhhhh.............So if someone questions the government running us trillions in debt, that means they are just like a guy that blew up a building full of people. I get it now!