If Philly Comes Calling ?

T master

I read some where a week or so ago (& i can't remember where) that the Eagles might be trying to throw together a trade package to move into the Bills #3 spot & was wondering what your thoughts as fans might be seeing as we're getting really close to draft time .

I read that the Eagles were putting together a package deal of Kevin Kolb plus there first & second round picks (i think it was) to try & move into our #3 spot to get Peterson so they would have a shut down corner .

With reading all of the other posts as far as trading back once or twice to get extra picks i was wondering if this actually came to be what the fans in Bills nation would think about this trade . Should we or Shouldn't we ??

I for one think that Fitz no matter what has earned the right to have the job for at least one year , & hope that he gets his chance because the guy with upgrades at other positions has a good chance to do some really good things . If you bring in Kolb he's going to want to start right away so that's added pressure all the way around , but a extra second round pick would be nice .

Buddy could also pull a Pollian , do this trade then trade Kolb to the Cards for there first or second round pick killing 2 birds with one stone . (No applause necessary - thank u thank u very much !!)

So what do you all think ??? Good trade :thumbsup: Bad Trade :thumbdown:

I think the Trade is wishfull thinking. We could certainly use more picks for D, but I don't get the feeling Philly wants Peterson bad enough to give away so much.

I like Kolb, and think he's be a good second option behind Fitz should he go down. Certainly solves those nagging QB depth issues we have - but he isn't a Franchise QB right now. His numbers are pretty close to Fitz.

I read some where a week or so ago (& i can't remember where) that the Eagles might be trying to throw together a trade package to move into the Bills #3 spot & was wondering what your thoughts as fans might be seeing as we're getting really close to draft time .

I read that the Eagles were putting together a package deal of Kevin Kolb plus there first & second round picks (i think it was) to try & move into our #3 spot to get Peterson so they would have a shut down corner .

With reading all of the other posts as far as trading back once or twice to get extra picks i was wondering if this actually came to be what the fans in Bills nation would think about this trade . Should we or Shouldn't we ??

I for one think that Fitz no matter what has earned the right to have the job for at least one year , & hope that he gets his chance because the guy with upgrades at other positions has a good chance to do some really good things . If you bring in Kolb he's going to want to start right away so that's added pressure all the way around , but a extra second round pick would be nice .

Buddy could also pull a Pollian , do this trade then trade Kolb to the Cards for there first or second round pick killing 2 birds with one stone . (No applause necessary - thank u thank u very much !!)

I doubt everything get resolved to allow trading of players, but if it happens, the trade could give us more leverage in trades. I like Fitz about the same as kolb, if not more due too the fact that I've only seen kolb play a couple times. If we acquired him I'd definitely try and trade him, wishful thinking, but maybe trade him to Minnesota or possibly even Tennesee or arizona, landing their 1st round picks and trading away a pick we got from Philly. For example. Acquire the 8th pick from tennesee (I think they pick 8 or 9 forget which) for kolb and phillys 2nd Rd. Giving us 2 1st rounders for our 1st essentially. I think that trade may be feasible for the card or the vikes as well. I know it's a pipe dream, and very unlikely to happen, but it's interesting to talk about, IMO anyway. A trade like that could land us Quinn/Jordan or Watt plus possibly Tyron Smith, Phil Taylor or Ryan Kerrigan, plus our 2nd round pick and use it for Martez Wilson or Cam Heyward. We can dream can't we?

you pull the trigger on that trade.....

however fitz has earned the right to start, on the other hand competition in camp always makes for a better player in most cases!

but in the end I don't care who we have @ QB we need an OL to protect them!

Don't want him.

No player trades currently allowed.

Fix the defense.

The Eagles are not going to spend their precious pre-draft planning on conjuring up a trade scenario involving players when the current CBA situation has already determined that no player trades will be allowed until the CBA has been resolved.

If player movement was allowed I would be open to the idea even though Kolb is an unproven commodity to me at QB. I'd rather just have Philly's 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks straight up for our first rounder!!! I don't forsee that happening though, as that would be a lot to give up in a draft. I'd even be open to their 1st, 2nd, and 4th for our 1st rounder and still doubt that would happen...but I'd leap on it if they were willing!

I think the Trade is wishfull thinking. We could certainly use more picks for D, but I don't get the feeling Philly wants Peterson bad enough to give away so much????.

I like Kolb, and think he's be a good second option behind Fitz should he go down. Certainly solves those nagging QB depth issues we have - but he isn't a Franchise QB right now. His numbers are pretty close to Fitz.

So much? What they offered wouldn't even warrant a return phone call!

PTR

Then why not the Eagles just trade with AZ?? :blink:

PTR

teams cannot trade players or future draft picks this year due to the lack of a CBA so i wouldnt put much stock in this rumor

So much? What they offered wouldn't even warrant a return phone call!

PTR

Then why not the Eagles just trade with AZ?? :blink:

PTR

So they can get to #3 so they can get Peterson before any one else that's why they won't go directly to the Cards !! :doh:

we better get more than that for 3rd overall.

I think the Trade is wishfull thinking. We could certainly use more picks for D, but I don't get the feeling Philly wants Peterson bad enough to give away so much.

Really? Kolb??? Why does Philly wanna dump this guy then??? I wouldn't give up more than a 5th rounder for the guy. He hasn't proven anything other than he can make an NFL Roster. Does Buffalo really need Rob Johnson Part 2???

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so now that the lockout is lifted (perhaps only for the moment), would you try and acquire Kolb for 3rd overall plus their 1st and 2nd? Then perhaps trade Kolb to some other team for their first? and a swap of a combination of 2nds? Its interesting...

Suppose they want Jones or Green for a Big WR with Maclin and Jackson? Suppose they want a shot at Dareus or Miller? Lots of options here...

What do you all think?