FEELGOOD SONGS

Astrobot

I play guitar in a blues band, and blues, if played exclusively, can be a downer.

What songs do you like that immediately make you feel happy?

One of mine is "Just You and Me" By Delbert McClinton. Another is "Good Day Sunshine" by The Beatles. Another is "Watermelon Time" by Marcia Ball.

What you got?

Astro

"Wade in the Water: - Ramsey Lewis Trio.........The Bonnies used to warm up to this song during the Bob Lanier days. I can't imagine how cool that would have been in the late 60s, #3 team in the country and this song playing:

I play guitar in a blues band, and blues, if played exclusively, can be a downer.

What songs do you like that immediately make you feel happy?

One of mine is "Just You and Me" By Delbert McClinton. Another is "Good Day Sunshine" by The Beatles. Another is "Watermelon Time" by Marcia Ball.

What you got?

Astro

Jazzman: Carole King

Do You Believe in Magic?: Lovin' Spoonful

Rosalita: Yep....The Boss

Walkig On Sunshine by katrina and the Waves Great Beat

You Can Call me Al Paul simon..always think of that damn video..makes me laugh

Shout..Fun song, Bills, the Ralph how can you not smile

Cruel Summer, Girls Just wanna have Fun and Jump..Spring break Lauderdale 84.the young ladies all seemed to like these songs :thumbsup: Ahh, if i can't get a smile (maybe something else as well :devil: )over those 7 days i will be in the grave.

Guns 'n' Roses, "Used to Love Her". And

Okay, seriously..."Bohemian Rhapsody". It is impossible not to smile when listening to "Scaramouche! Scaramouche! Will you do the Fandango!"

And for the record: Bobby McFerrin's "Don't Worry. Be Happy." does not make me happy, it makes me want to punch someone in the nuts.

Walkig On Sunshine by katrina and the Waves Great Beat

You Can Call me Al Paul simon..always think of that damn video..makes me laugh

Shout..Fun song, Bills, the Ralph how can you not smile

Cruel Summer, Girls Just wanna have Fun and Jump..Spring break Lauderdale 84.the young ladies all seemed to like these songs :thumbsup: Ahh, if i can't get a smile (maybe something else as well :devil: )over those 7 days i will be in the grave.

No doubt those were the songs that were the biggest of that spring semester........Perhaps you spent some time at The Button?

Wow, it’s suprisingly hard for me to come up with examples. I guess I’m kind of a morose SOB when it comes to songs I like. I could come up with hundreds of sad, depressing songs that I love.

Anyway, here are a few...

Stevie Wonder’s “Superstition” (not so much lyrically, but it’s such a great groove)

Coltrane’s “My Favorite Things” (his crazy take on this great melody haunts my mind)

Pink Floyd, “Bike”

“I love Rock ‘n Roll” by Joan Jett / “I Wanna Rock” by Twisted Sister / “Rock ‘n Roll All Night” by KISS / “Rock and Roll Heart” by Lou Reed. (Rock songs about the power of Rock always make me smile, especially when it gets defensive about how I have the right to rock and you can’t stop me and I’m gonna do it all night long, etc... :lol::lol::lol:

No doubt those were the songs that were the biggest of that spring semester........Perhaps you spent some time at The Button?

and the Candy Store and the Elbo Room and the beach(where we slept, no money for hotel room) and the day laborer place, as 6 of us had haul chit around a road construction site to get gas money home. But damn, that seven days was all worth it :thumbsup:

and the Candy Store and the Elbo Room and the beach(where we slept, no money for hotel room) and the day laborer place, as 6 of us had haul chit around a road construction site to get gas money home. But damn, that seven days was all worth it :thumbsup:

Wow - that is hardcore. I thought we had it rough by getting kicked out of three hotels in ten days! It was a four hotel trip!

"shine a light" rolling stones

"dancing in the moonlight" kings harvest"you get what you give" new radicals

"sweet thing" van morrison

"show me the way" dinosaur jr

Great choice...one of my faovorite one hit wonder oldies song was "Brandy" by Looking Glass, for years, I thought "Dancing In the Moonlight" was by the same band...the singers sound remarkably alike...both great songs.

Edited by Buftex