Confirmed! Bills are the worst-drafting team in the NFL

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well thats no suprise. Its a bit more disheartening when you best pick in the last 5 years was Jarius Byrd. I know he had 9 picks as a rookie, but half of those were either gift wrappedn and handed to him or he was totally out of position and the play should have been a TD but somehow the QB threw it to Byrd instead of his WR. He has been a let down IMO. He takes bad angles in run support and is routinely out of position in pass coverage. He allowed a lot of TDs last year.

Loved seeing guys we passed on listed as other teams best picks.

Well thats no suprise. Its a bit more disheartening when you best pick in the last 5 years was Jarius Byrd. I know he had 9 picks as a rookie, but half of those were either gift wrappedn and handed to him or he was totally out of position and the play should have been a TD but somehow the QB threw it to Byrd instead of his WR. He has been a let down IMO. He takes bad angles in run support and is routinely out of position in pass coverage. He allowed a lot of TDs last year.

I think by the end of next season Eric Wood will prove to be the best of this 5 year group. Hope its Spiller though. Assuming there is a season.

THIS IS TOTAL CRAP....just more dumping on buffalo.....clearly we should be 31st worst....wash 32nd.

i'm not letting anyone kick us around.

Buffalo Bills drafts 2000-2008: "Hey, we're not as bad as Detroit!" Is that what you're trying to say?

Even the owner admitted last December that their drafts had been "terrible."

Loved seeing guys we passed on listed as other teams best picks.

I think by the end of next season Eric Wood will prove to be the best of this 5 year group. Hope its Spiller though. Assuming there is a season.

Does Kyle Williams not count? Unless I am stupid 2006 was only 5 years ago... If not for him I'd say it has to be Wood, or maybe Stevie Johnson.

Make that the last decade +

Exactly, and what is even more disturbing is it was done with at least 3 different front office teams. Goes to show you what Ralph being a cheap ass owner gets you, hiring dollar store front office personnel. Like someone else said, over the past 5 years we have Jairus Byrd probably being the best, after a good rookie year (although Mark Sanchez handed him almost half his picks in one game), he was pathetic his second year. So far, and hopefully it changes, Spiller is up there with the Mike Williams, Erik Flowers picks. Erik Wood has potential to be a good one if they keep him in one position and he stays healthy. Probably the best pick over the past decade was Lee Evans and Marshawn Lynch after that and this joke of a front office gave him away. Overall this franchise has been a disaster with regards to the draft.

Does Kyle Williams not count? Unless I am stupid 2006 was only 5 years ago... If not for him I'd say it has to be Wood, or maybe Stevie Johnson.

Like the feeling you get when you leave home knowing you forgot something, I knew I was overlooking someone when mentioning Wood. Kyle has been the best pick of the last several years.

Buffalo Bills drafts 2000-2008: "Hey, we're not as bad as Detroit!" Is that what you're trying to say?

Even the owner admitted last December that their drafts had been "terrible."

And yet, Modrak still has a job. Can his hands really be that clean of all these draft disasters? When you think of all the money they put in to scouting and evaluating talent, how galling must it be to know they could have done better just paying $10 a month to get ESPN Insider and picking whatever guy Kiper thought they should pick.

And yet, Modrak still has a job. Can his hands really be that clean of all these draft disasters? When you think of all the money they put in to scouting and evaluating talent, how galling must it be to know they could have done better just paying $10 a month to get ESPN Insider and picking whatever guy Kiper thought they should pick.

Truer words could not be spoken.