Confirmed! Bills are the worst-drafting team in the NFL

Well thats no suprise. Its a bit more disheartening when you best pick in the last 5 years was Jarius Byrd. I know he had 9 picks as a rookie, but half of those were either gift wrappedn and handed to him or he was totally out of position and the play should have been a TD but somehow the QB threw it to Byrd instead of his WR. He has been a let down IMO. He takes bad angles in run support and is routinely out of position in pass coverage. He allowed a lot of TDs last year.

I think it's a little quick to judge Jarius Byrd. Gailey went out of his way during the season to praise him and Gailey has been a straight shooter when it comes to talking about his players. I thought Byrd improved against the run big time from his rookie season. I thought he was awful in run support his rookie year. As far as his interceptions, give the guy a little credit, sometimes you create your own luck. Let's see what he does once the NFL gets back on the field.

The Bills drafts have been pitiful but we can't judge Gailey/Nix on everything that has happened in the past. I like where were heading with these guys until they prove me wrong. Spiller was a little questionable only because we had some other major holes but I'm sure he is going to be a fan favorite before it is all said and done.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...nor sadder ones *sigh*

Modrak still in office is one of the all time crazy personal moves in any business.

It'd be like a buss driver crashing a bus every year for a decade or so, killing a few people every time, then somehow surviving all the crashes and asked to drive another bus.

When will someone stop this man.

Truly sad but it's good to know we weren't just imagining that they screw everything up in the front office.

How is this for a promotional gimmick?

Let the fans pick Buffalo's first pick by way of online secret ballet!!!! At least the majority of the fans would get the guy they wanted and we literally couldn't possibly do any worse. It's not like we could rank 33rd in a 32 team league.

Stating the obvious. Our drafting has been a nightmare under Donohoe and under Gailey. It started with picking Mike Williams over the far better (and everyone with ANY knowledge knew it) Bryant McKinney. And then it was a mishmash of picking without any consideration of need and a very limited consideration of talent. I have not been impressed with the present administration's drafting (or trading or free agency) to date.

Stating the obvious. Our drafting has been a nightmare under Donohoe and under Gailey. It started with picking Mike Williams over the far better (and everyone with ANY knowledge knew it) Bryant McKinney. And then it was a mishmash of picking without any consideration of need and a very limited consideration of talent. I have not been impressed with the present administration's drafting (or trading or free agency) to date.

Agreed. As far as I'm concerned Buddy's career is on the clock. The 3rd overall pick, better come in here and be a Starter day 1. And most of this draft should contribute by week 4. You're drafting that high, you better be dead on.

Buddy also has all this nice extra time to figure things out. So when it comes to FA, The Bills better be bigtime players and sign good young high Impact Free Agents otherwise, we can look forward to 3-13...

No way, dude. Tom Modrak had great success in Philadelphia and is widely respected around the league.

Oh -- it was the last five years? We can just blame on Dick Jauron then and save the tired Modrak defense for another day.

Modrak still in office is one of the all time crazy personal moves in any business.

It'd be like a buss driver crashing a bus every year for a decade or so, killing a few people every time, then somehow surviving all the crashes and asked to drive another bus.

When will someone stop this man.

True, but even crazier is the fact that people come to this board to defend this guy!

These posters would look at the scene of every one of these bus crashes and figure out a way to blame it on someone else.

If you are not related to or employed by Tom Modrak and you actively defend him, you need to see a therapist.

And this is news? If we had been more successful in the draft, the record might have been a bit different over the past ten years. Mistakes were made, no doubt about it. Now if the guy had said the Bills had drafted well, that would have been a news flash.

Yeah still don't see it.

Why are you crossing out those names? Brad Smith is one of their best kept secrets and most versatile weapons. For a 3rd or 4th round pick, Brad Smith has GREAT value. Dustin Keller is one of the best and most underrated TE's in the NFL right now so what's ur beef with him? When it comes to OVERALL TE's he's top 5 in the league, no questions asked. Just cuz they haven't made the pro bowl doesnt mean they're bad draft picks. All those guys contribute well to their team.

You obviously have no clue what you're talking about. They draft well. Hate them all you want, but give credit where credit is due. Don't be a hater.

Edited by DreReed83

Why are you crossing out those names? Brad Smith is one of their best kept secrets and most versatile weapons. For a 3rd or 4th round pick, Brad Smith has GREAT value. Dustin Keller is one of the best and most underrated TE's in the NFL right now so what's ur beef with him? When it comes to OVERALL TE's he's top 5 in the league, no questions asked. Just cuz they haven't made the pro bowl doesnt mean they're bad draft picks. All those guys contribute well to their team.

You obviously have no clue what you're talking about. They draft well. Hate them all you want, but give credit where credit is due. Don't be a hater.

The question is #4 out of #32 teams.

I don't see it.

It has nothing to with hate.

If you look at the next 7 teams in the list

Atlanta, Baltimore, Minnesota, Pittsburgh, New England, Tampa, and New York Giants.

Its really hard to make a case that the Jets have drafted better than any of those teams. Still don't get it.

The question is #4 out of #32 teams.

I don't see it.

It has nothing to with hate.

If you look at the next 7 teams in the list

Atlanta, Baltimore, Minnesota, Pittsburgh, New England, Tampa, and New York Giants.

Its really hard to make a case that the Jets have drafted better than any of those teams. Still don't get it.

Atlanta: Matt Ryan and ????

Baltimore: ???

Minnesota: You're joking right?

Pittsburgh: Some good picks but also free agents/undrafteds as well that flesh the whole thing out.

New England: Per pick not as good as you think. Quantity over quality. If you have 2x as many picks as everyone else you will get lucky on some.

Tampa: Good solid drafting and building a good team imo

NYG: Uh......ya...

The Jets have been so good drafting it makes me sick. I would he happy with half the success they have had drafting.

Edited by PDaDdy

spiller got put in a crowded backfield....he'll be more than a 3rd down back....give him time...and in time i mean atleast his 2nd year....

And say what you wanna say about Mike Williams no one question his talent and ability on the OL.... monday morning qb's i tell you ...sheesh

Coaches and GM's have come and gone the past decade. The one constant in all of this however has been Tom Modrak Ralph Wilson. Draw your own conclusion!

Makes you wonder who is really calling the shots on draft day.

(this is not an endorsement of Modrak)