Aaron Maybin

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybin doesn’t have the frame to add weight - note his 28" waist. He also seems to have the metabolism of 8 adolescent boys. Plus, his work outs seem to be more like a models than an athletes. There is a big difference.

Id rather have him cut.

Maybin doesn’t have the frame to add weight - note his 28" waist. He also seems to have the metabolism of 8 adolescent boys. Plus, his work outs seem to be more like a models than an athletes. There is a big difference.

Id rather have him cut.

WHAT!?!?!?! 28" Waist!?!!? I'm no doctor but with how tall he is and a waist that small how did anyone expect him to bulk up? Myself included.

Is it me or did Maybin look the biggest he's ever been between college and the pros during the combine? I would guess they test the hell out of these guys but I wonder if there is a loop hole in the middle when you are no longer a college athlete and not yet a pro. Could he have been using enhancers?

Edited by PDaDdy

PDaddy, I second that opinion. Maybin at least "looked" bigger earlier in his career.

He may be working out a ton, but he's certainly not packing on any additional muscle. It has to be the diet. Gym time isn't obviously lacking.

WHAT!?!?!?! 28" Waist!?!!? I'm no doctor but with how tall he is and a waist that small how did anyone expect him to bulk up? Myself included.

Is it me or did Maybin look the biggest he's ever been between college and the pros during the combine? I would guess they test the hell out of these guys but I wonder if there is a loop hole in the middle when you are no longer a college athlete and not yet a pro. Could he have been using enhancers?

there is a pretty significant gap between your last college test and first pro. even after the combine i dont think you are eligible to get tested for anything until after you sign. roughly the means from New years til August he was subject to one drug test at the combine and im not even 100% sure thats a PED test, or just a basic panel for illicit drugs. id assume it covers everything but im not claiming that knowledge

doesnt mean he was juicing but he bulked up real quick, and likewise it seemed to disappear pretty quick. it happens to a lot of prospects in the offseason/first season (get jacked in the gym in february and burn up a ton of mass during the season due to length and intensity), but his was fairly significant even considering that...

Now that their is no players union or CBA, the fact the players cannot be suspended or retro suspended for any personal conduct or substance abuse activity during this time. I wonder if this would make the players more likely (who want to gain or loss weight) to attempt to use these banned subtances? From what I understand the NFL can take no action towards anything a player does during a lockout. I don't know how that would playout if a players takes something now, the lockout ends in 3 months form now and the player has a postive test in say like september, and reports they took something during the lockout, so the conduct policy wouldn'y apply.

Now that their is no players union or CBA, the fact the players cannot be suspended or retro suspended for any personal conduct or substance abuse activity during this time. I wonder if this would make the players more likely (who want to gain or loss weight) to attempt to use these banned subtances? From what I understand the NFL can take no action towards anything a player does during a lockout. I don't know how that would playout if a players takes something now, the lockout ends in 3 months form now and the player has a postive test in say like september, and reports they took something during the lockout, so the conduct policy wouldn'y apply.

And somewhere ricky williams is smiling!

Any one can get bigger it just a matter eating more quality food and getting stronger. Whether or not Maybin has the dedication to his craft is the real question.

Very true. how the hell can u be rich like that, actually take the time to hit up the gym...... and than not eat enough quality food. how can u not take the signing bonus and pay a nutritionist. this makes no sense to me

unfortunately for this last half of that theory, the positive test is the offense, not the act of smoking/injecting/snorting/injesting anything that would show up on a drug test.

I was standing on the sidelines last year during warm ups for a game. Could not believe how thin Maybin looked in person. You guys are right, his waist and butt are so small, it's like a 14 yr old boy's. His muscles are even too bulging for his thin bones. It's bizarre.