Is it racist to say

I wonder if he's part of "the plan" that Wanny was cryptically talking about. Use the first three rounds on defense and an O lineman, then pick up the best QB of the draft (for them) in the 4th round.

I would love it if they focused on D and Oline with the first few picks.

And here is the pass I was referring to in my earlier post...this is the sort of playmaking ability we need! (Nothing against Fitzy...he's awesome)

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's simple really. The black athlete is typically raised as an individual, so teamwork is not as ingrained as often as less physically gifted white athletes. QB is the most "teamwork" dependent position. You gotta trust and know what your teammates are doing at all times. More often than not, whites are more used to this kind of environment.

What does this even mean?

I would love it if they focused on D and Oline with the first few picks.

And here is the pass I was referring to in my earlier post...this is the sort of playmaking ability we need! (Nothing against Fitzy...he's awesome)

youtube.com/watch?v=-y09D0r_D2Y

Thanks for posting that, very Montana like! Guarantee you won't find video on Gabbert doing something like that...LOL

i think its a predisposition of coaches that goes back to much lower levels. I would bet starting at pop warner coaches tend to funnel coaches subconciously into positions they "look like they fit." not even in a racist manner, but just an instinctual, this is what a qb looks like, this is what a rb looks like model. by the time that pop warner coaches funnel some guys, then hs coaches do it some more, and college coaches do it some more... what is entering the nfl tends to fit the stereotypes a little bit closer then it probably should.

its also been shown in studies of the human body that white men tend to be better built for swimming based on their center of gravity, and black men tend to have more speed when running. probably part of why you see white guys at the less speed intensive positions in general.

Edited by NoSaint

Thanks for posting that, very Montana like! Guarantee you won't find video on Gabbert doing something like that...LOL

haha, true, I don't remember seeing many plays that were as awesome as Tyrod's throw last year...Va Tech hadn't been doing a whole lot up to that point, so when that came out of nowhere I was really impressed by it. Helluva toss! I also like how he kept his focus downfield. He didn't just give up on the play and use his wheels...he kept trying to make something happen with his arm, and it paid off :thumbsup:

The numbers dont lie. There are almost no white RBs or CBs. Maybe one 3 or 4 total in the NFL right now (starting at elast). Is it racist to say blacks are better RBs/CBs than whites? I dont think so because the stats back it up.

I think the same is true of QBs. You could argue the reasons as to why it is but one thing you cant argue is the end result. So no, at this time, I would not say it is not racist.

It would be racist to say that a black QB cant be good though, because we know thats not true.

Edited by Thoner7

Facts are fact and Blacks can run faster and are quicker and whites are stronger. which is why blacks are better at track and boxing and whites own most of the strength records and are better Wrestlers. There are always exceptions but for the most part this is the case and is why whites do better for themselves on the lines and linebacker although many blacks there as well and blacks dominate running back and secondary while the other positions have a mix of strength and speed so you see a mix of both. As far as QB goes it takes less athleticism so whites do well there and have to rely on smarts to get buy and not athleticism which by nature doesn't make one tap into their mental abilities when physical abilities take over.

If I'm given a choice to select either Blaine Gabbert or Tyrod Taylor, I'm picking Taylor every day of the week. I actually hope the Bills do pick Taylor if he's there in the fourth.

IMO, if Blaine Gabbert were black he'd be an afterthought and considered a middle round pick. So much of that guy is the so-called picture perfect image of the franchise QB.

Tyrod over Gabbert? :wacko:

wonder if we can figure out who is black or white on this board from their posts :devil:

Facts are fact and Blacks can run faster and are quicker and whites are stronger. which is why blacks are better at track and boxing and whites own most of the strength records and are better Wrestlers. There are always exceptions but for the most part this is the case and is why whites do better for themselves on the lines and linebacker although many blacks there as well and blacks dominate running back and secondary while the other positions have a mix of strength and speed so you see a mix of both. As far as QB goes it takes less athleticism so whites do well there and have to rely on smarts to get buy and not athleticism which by nature doesn't make one tap into their mental abilities when physical abilities take over.

Tyrod over Gabbert? :wacko:

wonder if we can figure out who is black or white on this board from their posts :devil:

the klitschko brothers would like to have a word with you. gerry cooney doesn't because he's been beaten silly by black men.

Could it be that white athletes gravitate towards the QB position based on they might enjoy the studying part of the position more than the black athlete? And the white athlete recognizes that as an edge or a way to compete with their more athletic black counterparts. Is that a racist thing to say? I don't think so.

I honestly am not posting this to incite hateful debate, but honest debate.

Do you honestly think this way? Who cares what someone's skin color is?

always exceptions.

besides it's clear that filipinos are genetically predisposed to be the best nine ball players and boxers in the world.

i'd say the whole funneling kids at an early age to positions that seem right is a good argument. it's not to say that blacks can't play qb, but they are probably better at many other positions initially and are placed accordingly. as offenses change and the qb position demands different skill sets, i'd imagine you'll see a shift. arguably you already have.

there really isn't any doubt that, by and large, black athletes have a more burst and simply run faster than anyone in the world. the best sprinters are black. you put fast kids at rb, wr, and db. black kids are usually faster than white kids. if yu have two kids who throw equally well, but one can also catch and run faster, the less fast one is going to play qb.

don't know if there is any sort of internalized racism to the decision. maybe. i don't believe anyone who says they aren't 'racist' in terms of forming opinions about other people based on their race or ethnicity before they know the person. my longstanding prejudice against italians hasn't harmed me at all.

That's a cop out. I'm not saying it should be, but it is. I think there is a concern about black QB's love of the film room and I think that's why white athletes tend to excel at the QB position in the NFL. Again I don't mean that in a condescending way. There's a huge disparity in the amount of black vs white athletes in the NFL, except at the QB - punting - and kicking positions. My theory is that black athletes don't like to punt and kick from an enjoying stand point, and a possible reason for the QB situation is the amount of film room required. Could it be that the black athlete just doesn't enjoy that as much and the white athlete takes advantage of that and uses it to get into the NFL?

It is all about a socio-stereotype conceived from racism.

- To say Black athletes spend less time in the film room is ridiculous. There are players of all races and positions who spend that time doing film study, reviewing playbooks, in the weight room, working with coaches, etc. It is not limited to the white quarterbacks.

- To say it is an intelligence thing - You only hear and speak of those who are far to the extreme. For example, Vince Young / Jamarcus Russell or on the other side Ryan Fitzpatrick. What did Moon, Cunningham, Vince Evans,Seneca Wallace get on their wondelics? Who cares, because they were initially destined to be backups, or sent to Canada. While we are on it, does anyone know what the scores were from the 83' QB class, or more recent Alex Smith v. Aaron Rodger, or any of the other white quarterbacks in the league (starters or backups)

It boils down to generational precedent which has been adopted all the way from the little leagues to high school to college and on to the pros. You mean to tell me that 8 year old white kid (who is predestined to a 1600 SAT and a 38 wonderlic) is sitting in the coaches shed watching game film of the Army vs. Clarence. I think not. But yet the coach decides he is going to be his quarterback. Why...because the 8 year old black kid on the team finished suicides first or was the first one in after running the big lap, and thus he should be the running back. Forget the fact that the white kid is a stronger runner with better vision, or the black kid has a stronger arm.

Until we unilaterally remove stereotypes and not prejudge, athletes will always be predetermined of what position they play based on race. There will be exceptions including Newton (others) or the Toby Gerhardt, Jason Sehorn. And when we see those players the same questions will apply with race in the front.

Or maybe with fewer black QB role models to look up to not that many young black athletes choose the QB position when they are young. Tons of white QBs come out of college every year and don't make it in the NFL.

Or maybe coaches channel black athletes away from the quarterback position. Ask Marlin Briscoe about that.

that white players are better Quarterbacks in the NFL?

According to Wiki Answers there are 3,867 white athletes vs 11,978 black athletes in the NFL. It's obvious that it's a difficult thing for a white player to compete with black players in the NFL. And it's not just at skill positions. It appears that they only excel at QB play, Kicking, and Punting. No one knows why that is and you could debate that topic all day long. Could it be that white athletes gravitate towards the QB position based on they might enjoy the studying part of the position more than the black athlete? And the white athlete recognizes that as an edge or a way to compete with their more athletic black counterparts. Is that a racist thing to say? I don't think so.

Why can't we just talk about the "elephant in the room"? If anyone saw Cam Newton in his under armour at the combine, and you don't think he's the most physically gifted QB in the draft you're crazy. But the questions about him are centered around does he have the mind of an NFL QB. Can he lead a group of Men. Is he as fierce in the film room as he is in the weight room. Does he ENJOY that part of the position?

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,966590,00.html

If Jimmy the Greek was still alive, you could have asked him.

because jimmy the greek was right

his infamous statements were very uncomfortable to think about, but they were correct

american blacks come from a heritage where they indeed really were bred for physical attributes. thus the american black gene pool is over represented by advantageous physical traits

im not sure if the fast twitch muscle advantage came out of that or not, but thats another advantage blacks have

i dont know the intelligence statistics, i dont even know if they exist or if they did if we would let them get published, so i have no idea if that is a factor

but from a purely physical standpoint on average the black gene pool in america is superior to that of whites when it comes athletic performance

deal wid it

that white players are better Quarterbacks in the NFL?

According to Wiki Answers there are 3,867 white athletes vs 11,978 black athletes in the NFL. It's obvious that it's a difficult thing for a white player to compete with black players in the NFL. And it's not just at skill positions. It appears that they only excel at QB play, Kicking, and Punting. No one knows why that is and you could debate that topic all day long. Could it be that white athletes gravitate towards the QB position based on they might enjoy the studying part of the position more than the black athlete? And the white athlete recognizes that as an edge or a way to compete with their more athletic black counterparts. Is that a racist thing to say? I don't think so.

Why can't we just talk about the "elephant in the room"? If anyone saw Cam Newton in his under armour at the combine, and you don't think he's the most physically gifted QB in the draft you're crazy. But the questions about him are centered around does he have the mind of an NFL QB. Can he lead a group of Men. Is he as fierce in the film room as he is in the weight room. Does he ENJOY that part of the position?

Without ripping you consider this.

background!!!!!

what percentage of people from particular areas of the city or state or neighbourhood play football vs other areas. thus the opportunity of those people is different to be a player. Substitute any profession and you see the same example.

Why are there better skaters in Canada and US vs Jamaica? Race or opportunity?

Geeks at school hang with other geeks and few of them become football players.

Why do more people from Nashville like country music than people from LA?

Kids in England more likely to be a soccer player than a quarterback.

People can be predesposed based on surroundings..what did your family do, what do your friends do.

Kids learn the game playing at a young age with other friends in the field without a coach and adults...if that does not exist in your neighborhood it is unlikely you can later learn to be that athlete by only learning at the diamond or stadium.

More good swimmers come from warm weather areas than cold. Why...opportunity.