BYU basketball player kicked off team

im just playing with him.

ps. 9 other posters before me call him a racist and im being singled out?

i was just following the "funny accusation pattern"

i dont know if he really is a racist or not

BUT actually i think you're the racist now for defending a racist!

:oops: :oops: Sorry... You posted read more serious. Again, sorry.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry... You posted read more serious. Again, sorry.

(Chef Jim takes hit off of bong) hold it..........hold it........pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff. Chef waits five minutes..............rereads posts.

Nope, still doesn't make sense. :devil:

(Chef Jim takes hit off of bong) hold it..........hold it........pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff. Chef waits five minutes..............rereads posts.

Nope, still doesn't make sense. :devil:

Amazing what a typo will do.

"YouR post read more serious."

I wouldn't think a simple typo/left out "R" would trip a man of your intelligence up.:wallbash:

Then again... Being part of a message board going on 10 years and getting to know one another... Posters should be able to make these assumptions, like I did. I know how to take your posts Chef, along with many other posters. Yet, this Clipper guy... I am not so sure, so I read his post as more serious.

Really... You don't need the bong hits... Just a brain and the ability to think first.

:P

no need to apologize

once a racist, always a racist

:lol:

I am cool. I am starting to build a mental image of you! That is why I love message boards and not stuff like Facebook. Message boards are more like radio! ;)

I wouldn't think a simple typo/left out "R" would trip a man of your intelligence up.:wallbash:

Re-read it. It was not just leaving out the R. That simple mistake would not have prompted me to hit the bong.

Re-read it. It was not just leaving out the R. That simple mistake would not have prompted me to hit the bong.

I did. Sure I take a lot for granted... But you should know the people in the community and figure it out. It isn't that hard... All you gotta do is think... Like I said.

Nice of you that you just so happened to leave this part of my post out of your reply:

"Then again... Being part of a message board going on 10 years and getting to know one another... Posters should be able to make these assumptions, like I did. I know how to take your posts Chef, along with many other posters. Yet, this Clipper guy... I am not so sure, so I read his post as more serious."

What is it with you X's and O's people... Can't you figure things out? How long have you been on the board... Even going back to before your registered as "Chef Jim."

Jeeze Louise... Is everyday on this board a brand new day for you? :wallbash:

The schtick is getting old... Use the brain God gave you and stop looking for a crutch (bong hit or whatever).

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

For the record, The BYU Honor Code applies to all students. They can kick a student out of school for smoking cigarettes or drinking coffee.

Yes, it's that strict. And they don't take a dime of federal educational grant money, so forget it liberal weenies, they're not going to be coerced by the power of the federal government. They're immune.

For the record, The BYU Honor Code applies to all students. They can kick a student out of school for smoking cigarettes or drinking coffee.

Yes, it's that strict. And they don't take a dime of federal educational grant money, so forget it liberal weenies, they're not going to be coerced by the power of the federal government. They're immune.

It seems harsh, but these people have all agreed to live that way and it seems to work for them.

Edited by KD in CT

It seems harsh, but these people have all agreed to live that way and it seems to work for them.

Exactly. This incident was not racially discriminatory in nature and to suggest so is to loudly proclaim one's ignorance on the matter.

They've administered the same punishment to a number of football players.

Then again... Being part of a message board going on 10 years and getting to know one another... Posters should be able to make these assumptions, like I did. I know how to take your posts Chef, along with many other posters. Yet, this Clipper guy... I am not so sure, so I read his post as more serious.

Really... You don't need the bong hits... Just a brain and the ability to think first.

:P

:lol:

I am cool. I am starting to build a mental image of you! That is why I love message boards and not stuff like Facebook. Message boards are more like radio! ;)

do i have a big ass in your mental image?

In the College basketball world, especially as the calender turns to March this is a pretty big deal. BYU up to last week was ranked #3 & was probably going to get a #1 seed. Not anymore. He was their leading rebounder & 3rd leading score. He was basically their only inside player. My guess they are going to lose in MWC Tournament & then end being a 4/5 seed & probably get bumped in the first weekend. BYU basically has the most exciting player in the country this year in Jimmer Fredette(sp). I think he came out of Glen Falls too. Guy is averaging over 30pts a game, & not to sound racist but it is kind of cool seeing a white guy do the stuff he does on the basketball court. This guy is alot of fun to watch.

As far as the ruling I thought it was harsh but then again I am not Morman & I would never sign up for those kind of rules. I got to give BYU credit for putting their honor code above winning, because they had a serious chance of making the final four this year before the suspension. I really just do not think they could match up right now with an athletic team like North Carolina. Like I said I will be surprised if they make it out of the first weekend now which is a shame because like I said Jimmer is fun to watch. I hate it how noone on this board likes college basketball. This is the best time of year as far as sports is concerned imho.

Edited by Gordio

This is the key issue behind the action the school took. They are completely open and communicate plainly what they are about. Personally, I think they are way over the top in their approach. However, this kid signed their code of ethics and knew up front how strict the school was. If he wanted more social freedom he should have thought long and hard about attending anothe school. There are plenty of them out there who are way more tolerant.

I hate it how noone on this board likes college basketball. This is the best time of year as far as sports is concerned imho.

Who said no one likes college basketball? I admit, I don't follow it during the season, but the tournament is exciting. Seeing a little college going toe to toe with the big dogs is great. I even got to volunteer here in Syracuse at the Dome the last two times they had the tournament come through the 'Cuse.

You meant to leave out the "R"?

what the hell is an acist?

Edited by Ramius

You really do have your head up your ass.

BYU's honor code is functionally moot. Sheer hypocrisy in it's arbitrary and impossible enforcement. It isn't an honor code. It's nothing. It's just meaningless words used to justify....outrageous conduct on the part of the school such as this that would be tolerated nowhere else.

Anyone read the post on Deadspin from the anonymous BYU alum?

Looks like a typical contrarian argument there. I'm not seeing any hypocrisy in this case. Are they holding him to a higher standard because he is a high profile athlete on their high profile basketball team? Almost certainly. But we expect better conduct from higher profile people or those with more responsibility in almost any walk of life. He's the one on national TV with "BYU" stamped on his chest, not the dude in the dorm blowing bong hits. That's why they brought the hammer down on him.

Edited by KD in CT

Looks like a typical contrarian argument there. I'm not seeing any hypocrisy in this case. Are they holding him to a higher standard because he is a high profile athlete on their high profile basketball team? Almost certainly. But we expect better conduct from higher profile people or those with more responsibility in almost any walk of life. He's the one on national TV with "BYU" stamped on his chest, not the dude in the dorm blowing bong hits. That's why they brought the hammer down on him.

I really do not think they are holding him to a higher standard. I have read they have kicked regular students out also from time to time for violating these ethics code. People that are saying these ethics are ridiculous or hypocritical are missing the point. It is their school. The Mormons own it. They could do what they want. Noone puts a gun to their heads & tell them they have to go to BYU. If you want to have a good time, act like a crazy college kid & get the full college experience my suggestion is do not go to BYU. There are thousands of other schools that will be willing to take your money.