[closed]Where Does It Say We're Interested In Newton???

All I want to know is where does it say the Bills have any interest in Newton? In so many different mock drafts and articles I've heard them say the Bills are seriously considering Newton. My question is when have the expressed any interest publicly? I would like to see one comment from any front office member saying they want him. Maybe I'm just getting worked up about this because I see three legitimate D Linemen for the taking and I don't want to draft a high risk QB, but I'm just curious as to where and when the Bills have expressed any interest. Links would be appreciated.

All I want to know is where does it say the Bills have any interest in Newton? In so many different mock drafts and articles I've heard them say the Bills are seriously considering Newton. My question is when have the expressed any interest publicly? I would like to see one comment from any front office member saying they want him. Maybe I'm just getting worked up about this because I see three legitimate D Linemen for the taking and I don't want to draft a high risk QB, but I'm just curious as to where and when the Bills have expressed any interest. Links would be appreciated.

There won't be any statements from anybody in the front office about definitely taking any player. It's not standard operating procedure. No team will tip their hand. Everything is rumor and innuendo.

The Bills have stated they need a franchise QB eventually. They have said they will take a QB at some point in this draft if there is one they think will help them. Newton and Gabbert are considered the best QB's available in this draft. Newton is considered the QB with the highest upside of all the QB's. Therefore reporters put him with the Bills at #3. Nix has said he likes Newton, but has to do more work looking into him. But you will never hear a team say they are taking any player unless 1. They are at the top of the draft and try to work out a contract with them before the draft starts or 2. They send the card up to the commissioner during the draft to make their pick.

Everything between now and the draft is smoke and mirrors.

Edited by purple haze

There won't be any statements from anybody in the front office about definitely taking any player. It's not standard operating procedure. No team will tip their hand. Everything is rumor and innuendo.

The Bills have stated they need a franchise QB eventually. They have said they will take a QB at some point in this draft if there is one they think will help them. Newton and Gabbert are considered the best QB's available in this draft. Newton is considered the QB with the highest upside of all the QB's. Therefore reporters put him with the Bills at #3. Nix has said he likes Newton, but has to do more work looking into him. But you will never hear a team say they are taking any player unless 1. They are at the top of the draft and try to work out a contract with them before the draft starts or 2. They send the card up to the commissioner during the draft to make their pick.

No, I understand what you're saying but in every comment that Gailey as released about Newton I don't hear him praising him at all. I just want to know where all this has come from.

Mel Kiper is a clown, I seriously question the credentials of any "expert" who sees cam newton as a top 5 pick..

That same clown has Gabbert #8 and Newton @ #10. That just ensures he will be able to give us a bad grade if we do draft him. I cannot wait until season 15 of South Park when they unmask Captain Hindsight to be Mel freggin' Kiper.

I just cant see what all this hype is about with Newton. The man is not accurate and cant read a Defense, he can run and that`s bout it. Last time i checked these Newton type QB`s never win the SuperBowl, so what`s the use of taking this kid. Upside?

Upside is another way of saying that said player stinks now but might turn into gold. that hardly happens...

And please i don`t want to hear any comparisons with Big Ben.

Newton is NO Big Ben not at all.

Big Ben completion percentage coming out of College a whopping 70plus

Newton under 60 percent comp

Eh...say what you will about Mel Kiper, but he almost single-handedly made the NFL draft the event that it has become, for NFL fans. He isn't always right, but who could be? I would still taking him over McShay.

Mr Kiper now has the Bills taking Gabbert if Carolina doesn't. Heard this on ESPN radio. He's not updating his mock until next week.

No, I understand what you're saying but in every comment that Gailey as released about Newton I don't hear him praising him at all. I just want to know where all this has come from.

True. I think the speculation comes from looking at Gailey's history of developing non-traditional QB's and him having said the QB position in the NFL is changing toward the mobile QB. It's not hard to think Newton is someone they are seriously looking into. Doesn't mean they will take him, but they are researching him in a serious way. And all of the other QB's as well.

Newton's skill set is in Gailey's wheelhouse. He's the type of guy Gailey believes is the future of the QB position in the NFL. He's superior to the "athletic" QB's Gailey has tutored to some success in the past. He's bigger. Faster. Has a stronger arm. And Nix has strong ties to Auburn still (he used to coach there). He will find out whatever there is to find out about Newton. People can hate on Newton for whatever reason they want to, but the Bills need a guy at QB who could be a difference maker and Newton has that potential. He also brings a star quotient to the table. Someone the media is drawn to. Bills haven't had that this decade.

If they didn't take Newton I could see Kaepernick in the 3rd round. He's another mobile guy with a strong arm that might develop. None of these QB's will be ready from day one. Most of them come from a spread, one read offense. It's not just Newton. Any of them could bust just like any other player. But with his physical capabilities if Newton does develop he could be a dominant force.

As much as everyone loves Fitz nobody is thinking he will be the QB five years from now. And they have to get a QB to develop sooner or later. If they think Newton is the answer I believe they will gladly pull the trigger. Remember, the draft is deep with defensive lineman. There will be good ones in the 2nd round who can start/contribute. They have the second pick in the second round (34), so they could easily go a different direction at #3 based on that.

If they take Newton, fine by me. If they take Miller, Peterson, Dareus or whoever, fine by me. The draft is done to get players for today and tomorrow, not just today.

Edited by purple haze

Mr Kiper now has the Bills taking Gabbert if Carolina doesn't. Heard this on ESPN radio. He's not updating his mock until next week.

Makes more sense - but Carolina taking Gabbert is becoming the consensus so it may be moot as well.

Newton's "stock" clearly fell at the combine. The bits I saw of him I was impressed by his throws, but apparently his overall accuracy was poor. Given that Auburn's offense was all about running the ball, it's hard to make picking him so high seem like anything other than a huge gamble at best.

My gut feeling - that Gailey liked the kids he coached and won with at the Senior Bowl and wants to take at least two of them - Von Miller and Christian Ponder.

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.