Mansfield Wrotto signed to extension

Great they locked this guy up for the future. He really solidified our OL last year.

I thought he played pretty well last year.

Great depth player, I hope he keeps improving within the offense.

Well, an _okay_ depth player. I also hope he keeps improving with the offense.

As depth this is a solid move but I hope that this move isn't as a starter.

Edited by Doc

If I say great depth I mean I hope they get a better player to start. But I want more, I want him to get better too.

Sometimes I think fans believe a player can only get worse and not better.

I thought he played pretty well last year. Really glad to have him back. Would be great if we could add a Clabo and have him as back up.

That would be my preferred scenario. A solid signing for depth. After pulling guys off the street the past two years it would be nice to have quality depth on the OL.

That would be my preferred scenario. A solid signing for depth. After pulling guys off the street the past two years it would be nice to have quality depth on the OL.

also this is a guy with developmental upside. he has the physical tools, but hasn't been playing on the o-line for very long.

also this is a guy with developmental upside. he has the physical tools, but hasn't been playing on the o-line for very long.

My sense is that one of the big factors in the OL improving was not simply Wrotto's improving skills but having a bright vet QB in Fitz who did a good job of reading Ds, seeing where the blitz was likely to come from and then being mobile enough to get out of the way and having a quick enough release that he got rid of it.

My recollection is of Wrotto being eminently beatable as a blocker but it really was the Fitz effort that saved them from a few sacks or got a few more TDs as he was gutsy enough to hang in there and throw for the endzone when the coaches had turned Edwards into Captain Checkdown.

I hope the Bills do not make a likely futile move to take Newton or Gabbert and stall improving the OL until after they pick a DE or two or an LB because the opted for a QB in the 1st round.

Truth is, just because he's got an extension doesn't mean he'll make the team. He's good enough that he's being given the opportunity to for us and not any other team. If we hit the bonanza with a good draft pick and a good FA acquisition then he likely won't stick. But if we just can't make it work, then he's better than many of the options we had last year.