Official Ryan Mallett Thread

WWVaBeach

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if he has a chronic drug use problem the FOs and pro talent evaluators will get to the bottom of it. If its not true, then it just goes to show how scuzzy the national football media is.

that is character assassination in the most important month of Mallets financial life. If it is libel Mallet should get the best libel lawyer in the country

Maybe the hallucinations explain the accuracy issues?

Marino was a coke head in college, and he did alright. He is obviously the exception to the rule though. I already wanted to stay far away from Mallet, so this doesn’t make me want to get any closer. Let the Raiders take him in the 2nd.

that is character assassination in the most important month of Mallets financial life. If it is libel Mallet should get the best libel lawyer in the country

Yeah, I agree. It's pretty serious to accuse someone of being an addict but IF this any traction whatsoever, I feel its gotta be something more sever than weed or even painkillers (which is a horrible addiction in its own right).

Addicted to drugs like heroin or cocaine? Or addicted to drugs like vicodin and percoset stemming from treatment of football injuries?

He can play for Shawn Payton.

Anyway, doubt this story isn't very well sourced. If someone simply made it up, Mallett wouldn't even need the "best" libel lawyer. Morons at Celino and Barnes could probably handle it.

I listen to Tony Softli all the time here in St. Louis. He's really well connected guy and even interview for the vacant 49ers GM job recently. Basically if Softli is reporting this I'd bet my right arm that its 100% true but I'd also bet every GM in the NFL was also aware of this situation.

just saw this online:

"Mallet came in at 6'6" and 6/8 and weighed 253 pounds. Bunting wrote he "had a bad body, looked soft"."

http://kansascity.sbnation.com/missouri-tigers/2011/2/25/2014918/2011-nfl-combine-blaine-gabbert-weigh-in

253? his playing weight last year was < 240.

the downward spiral continues

No comment on Mallet; just wanted to say that is a tremendous avatar! :beer:

I haven't seen this posted From PFT

Watch the Bills grab him now. HAHA

also i thought that when i saw him in an interview. he came across a bit as a user, not like marshawn/ricky pot stuff, but like he may like cocaine or heroin. totally unjustified, but thats the way i thought he carried himself.

just saw this online:

"Mallet came in at 6'6" and 6/8 and weighed 253 pounds. Bunting wrote he "had a bad body, looked soft"."

http://kansascity.sbnation.com/missouri-tigers/2011/2/25/2014918/2011-nfl-combine-blaine-gabbert-weigh-in

253? his playing weight last year was < 240.

the downward spiral continues

He got the munchies a lot after his bowl game. Here's a kid who probably thinks he can get with just his rocket arm in the NFL.

He got the munchies a lot after his bowl game. Here's a kid who probably thinks he can get with just his rocket arm in the NFL.

Its always been a problem for him. He was up around 270 at Michigan. Of course, given that he's 6'7", people would be complaining that he was too thin if he weighed 225-230, too.

Well, pictures like this probably don't help.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_yMZWchdP1kk/TMYB6c2T3vI/AAAAAAAACSo/esBpZ7mx6jc/s640/ryan-mallett-and-snoop-dogg.jpg

Former Razorback Matt Jones also had issues with drug use too. Now while I don't want a crackhead, it's important to get the facts straight. Fans aren't naive enough to believe Jim Kelly was the essence of clean living do they?

Is that Mickey Rourke in Barfly? Can't quite make it out.

I'm a huge Bukowski fan but never saw this movie. Would you recommend it?

Edited by C.Biscuit97