Bob Sanders

superbills315

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with Sanders is that he's not a player who gets hurt because he has bad luck. There's a set of guys who have suffered multiple injuries that bounce back afterward because they really did just draw the low card three seasons in a row.

That's not Bob Sanders. He's a guy whose style of play launches him into contact, and his body can't sustain the damage. He had a hell of a run, but I think it's probably time for him to go home, polish his Super Bowl ring, and remember that with 40-50 years left to live, he doesn't need any more brain damage.

Most of the speculation around Sanders is that he'll end up signing a veteran minimum contract with escalators based upon playing time and performance.

I don't think there are teams who are gonna throw money at a guy who played in only 9 games total over the last three seasons.

That's right. Sanders has only played in 9 of the last 48 regular season games for the Colts.

Most of the speculation around Sanders is that he'll end up signing a veteran minimum contract with escalators based upon playing time and performance.

I don't think there are teams who are gonna throw money at a guy who played in only 9 games total over the last three seasons.

That's right. Sanders has only played in 9 of the last 48 regular season games for the Colts.

Now that's something to think about before investing in Bob Sanders.

We already have one questionable player as far as staying healthy goes(Shawn Merriman)two might be one to many.

Now that's something to think about before investing in Bob Sanders.

We already have one questionable player as far as staying healthy goes(Shawn Merriman)two might be one to many.

Maybe this is our new plan. Instead of losing so many players to IR during the season and having to fill in the holes at the last second... we'll just sign players who are already injured so we know what to expect going into the season. The team will be great in Madden though! (with injuries turned off, of course)

:thumbsup:

Interesting tidbit...Bob Sanders grew up in Erie, PA & while growing up he went to several Bills games in the 90's...it was in an interview for the super bowl a few years back in sports illustrated.

Bob has the talent, but the dude has to know he isn't going to get as much, due to injuries/missed games...

Looks like Dante is closely monitoring FA safeties from around the league, and has been reposting links on his twitter (that sounds X rated).

http://twitter.com/DonteWhitner

Other sources are reporting that there is some degree of interest by Buffalo in either Sanders or Atogwe.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/615561-bob-sanders-oj-atogwe-released-will-buffalo-bills-take-a-chance-on-either

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2011/2/21/2005466/bills-showing-interest-in-bob-sanders-o-j-atogwe

I don't know if this is just posturing on the part of the Bills or not, but I have to say that I'm a little concerned. Dante isn't great, but he's solid. The thing about Sanders is that he just can't stay healthy. If we could get him for dirt cheap, then fine, but otherwise I'd keep Dante. We've already taken one risk with Merriman....

As I stated in another thread, an injured Bob Sanders is better than a healthy Donte Whitner because George Wilson is then the starter. (if you cannot deduct what I am saying.... GW>>Whitner)

Edited by Thoner7

George Wilson is not as well rounded as Whitner. I do not see how people believe that! When our defense was worth something, when the front 7 could do their job you saw what kind of player Whitner was...since then he's had to share the load that the LB's have been given.

That being said, Sanders is going to be asking for $4-5mil they are saying. Pass. We took a chance on Merriman, lets not end up like Washington.

Bleacher Report is gd'ed joke, and referencing the site should be grounds for banning. BuffaloRumblings is a site made to create hype for the team, and hardly the facts. Of course, it is easy to see that the Bills would like to add a safety, but those sites speculation offers no credibility.

Looks like Dante is closely monitoring FA safeties from around the league, and has been reposting links on his twitter (that sounds X rated).

Other sources are reporting that there is some degree of interest by Buffalo in either Sanders or Atogwe.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/615561-bob-sanders-oj-atogwe-released-will-buffalo-bills-take-a-chance-on-either

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2011/2/21/2005466/bills-showing-interest-in-bob-sanders-o-j-atogwe

I don't know if this is just posturing on the part of the Bills or not, but I have to say that I'm a little concerned. Dante isn't great, but he's solid. The thing about Sanders is that he just can't stay healthy. If we could get him for dirt cheap, then fine, but otherwise I'd keep Dante. We've already taken one risk with Merriman....

IMO there is no way the bills even consider sanders. they guy cant stay on the field thats the ONLY reason Indy cut him why in Gods name anyone would think we would have interest is beyond me.

Atogwe is another deal he is a great player who i would love for the bills to go after and he is much better than whitner.

that being said if we dont go after atogwe then i would be all for keeping whitner. he is a good guy a good football player not great and is an excellent team guy and leader.

IMO there is no way the bills even consider sanders. they guy cant stay on the field thats the ONLY reason Indy cut him why in Gods name anyone would think we would have interest is beyond me.

Polian knows what he's doing, and I think everyone here loves the guy and worships him...why would we want his trash? Sanders will end up in Jville. If not, he won't be signed before the deadline, which will be a huge mistake for him.

George Wilson is not as well rounded as Whitner. I do not see how people believe that! When our defense was worth something, when the front 7 could do their job you saw what kind of player Whitner was...since then he's had to share the load that the LB's have been given.

That being said, Sanders is going to be asking for $4-5mil they are saying. Pass. We took a chance on Merriman, lets not end up like Washington.

Bleacher Report is gd'ed joke, and referencing the site should be grounds for banning. BuffaloRumblings is a site made to create hype for the team, and hardly the facts. Of course, it is easy to see that the Bills would like to add a safety, but those sites speculation offers no credibility.

You're right but people will always have that bias against Whitner. Whitner is a very solid, well rounded safety. Wilson is not as good in run support and is not nearly as versatile. Wilson has better ball skills (as a result of being a receiver) but that's not the main job of a SS.

That said, the dropoff between Whitner and Wilson isn't that far. IF DW thinks he deserves top safety money, then it's time to move on.

You must be going crazy because niether of those things have happened during Whitner tenure.

And Im pretty sure GW played for the same team at the same time as Whitner. Fewell even started Wilson over Whitner for a few games last year. Wilson is simply better.

You must be going crazy because niether of those things have happened during Whitner tenure.

And Im pretty sure GW played for the same team at the same time as Whitner. Fewell even started Wilson over Whitner for a few games last year. Wilson is simply better.

Didn't say they were great, but our defense was able to run the schemes. Our defense has got considerably worse the last 5 years.

i have always liked whitner, never thought that he played up to his draft position but that does seem to be our current legacy. the question needs to be what is he worth and what does he believe that he is worth. the closer those numbers are the more likley it is that he will stay. As far as a replacement goes... who can we afford and how much would his replacement cost?

You're right but people will always have that bias against Whitner. Whitner is a very solid, well rounded safety. Wilson is not as good in run support and is not nearly as versatile. Wilson has better ball skills (as a result of being a receiver) but that's not the main job of a SS.

That said, the dropoff between Whitner and Wilson isn't that far. IF DW thinks he deserves top safety money, then it's time to move on.

You contradict yourself sir! DW blows! You state DW is well rounded. How when he can't cover, takes bad angles, whiffs on tackles, and gets trucked by running backs(patriots 2 years ago). But really, you stated well rounded, but HE CAN'T COVER TE FOR SH*T! How is that well rounded?

Now GW isn't the greatest, but when he was put on the field he did 1 thing, produce. As far as I'm concerned, the entire team was a liability vs the run.

And sure BS can't stay healthy, but i'd still take him over DW! No way BS gets his chest smashed trying to make that tackle against the pats 2 years ago. Lol

Its not anything personal with DW. Its just that he really hasn't produced. I don't care if he was picked 8th or 187th. Imoh, he blows!

Edited by qdawg in philly

i have always liked whitner, never thought that he played up to his draft position but that does seem to be our current legacy. the question needs to be what is he worth and what does he believe that he is worth. the closer those numbers are the more likley it is that he will stay. As far as a replacement goes... who can we afford and how much would his replacement cost?

With solid reasoning and clear thinking like this, you won't last very long on this board. :)

But while you're here, welcome aboard.

okay, to prove how great DW is check out his highlight video

youtube.com/watch?v=VIQcmbh2OK4

What does that prove? I am sure we can find a video of Joey Porter getting pancaked if we look.

That is true, if that is what Whitner is asking for. Also, depends on what Sanders would sign for. Also, Wilson is a free agent.

I cannot believe that Whitner is believing he is going to get 8mil. He may be asking for it, but I would expect him to be asking for 5-6mil. Sanders will likely be asking for about the same, as well as Atogwe. Atogwe deserves the highest payment between Sanders and himself.

Wilson, however, will likely be asking for 3-4mil, and deserve that - I do not see what 1mil difference is - if comparing the two players, unless you mean all around support. Both players are equal team leaders, unfortunately, losing either could hurt.

Edited by jboyst62

Where does it say that?

Schefters twitter.

Anyway, Am I crazy to speculate that he will be asking for at least 6 mil? Atogwe will be asking for the same, too, especially if Sanders signs first. This only makes Whitners price tag higher, and Wilson's too. Anyone else see what I am getting at? At least 1 of those safeties will be on this roster in 2011, but at what expense? Sanders is going to set the market price - - - unfairly, too. He is about as reliable as Bleacher Report.

If I thought there was a chance for him to stay healthy it was a great move, but he has played 9 games in the past 3 seasons. The Bills have already signed a linebacker that cannot stay healthy, why risk it with another defender who spends more time on the injured list than on the football field?

Schefters twitter.

Anyway, Am I crazy to speculate that he will be asking for at least 6 mil? Atogwe will be asking for the same, too, especially if Sanders signs first. This only makes Whitners price tag higher, and Wilson's too. Anyone else see what I am getting at? At least 1 of those safeties will be on this roster in 2011, but at what expense? Sanders is going to set the market price - - - unfairly, too. He is about as reliable as Bleacher Report.

I clicked on Shefter's link too and saw no mention of Sanders' visit.

There is this though: http://profootballta...t-buffalo-next/

PFT picking up a report from the Florida Times-Union.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan