Great Article

pBills

NYT: Indiana Democrat copy Wisconsin legislators for Union Vote

Best part is, these 'tards probably think these tactics are actually going to win them votes.

They all would make great Monty Python knights: "RUN AWAY!! RUN AWAY!!!"

In a call to reporters who had gathered in his office, B. Patrick Bauer, the minority speaker of the House, said from Urbana that the union legislation had been but one of many “wrongful bills” that would “rip the heart out of the middle class.”

Give me a break

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHAHAHA!!! That is awesome. I am sure that you are against all of those tax breaks for the wealthiest and wall street by Republicans right? Stop the insanity right?

TAX BREAKS! WEALTHY! WALL STREET!

Jeez, stay focused for a moment and ask yourself this question:

What do you think would happen if public employees were given the CHOICE to be in a union? The union is obviously the greatest and most bestest thing ever, so if people are given the choice, you probably wouldn't see a single penny stop coming in, right? So what are you afraid of?

Why, I'd be willing to bet if you stopped shaking down public employees for part of their income on a mandatory basis, the state of Wisconsin would STILL require the curriculum to include a lesson plan about “ 'the history of organized labor in America and the collective bargaining process' into the state standards for social studies."

Yes...they do.

Awesome.

pBills:

You keep stating that Gov. Walker is trying to bust the union by wanting to limit what can be collectively bargained for, and that the union has agreed to everything that he really needs. I have repeatedly asked you to answer why he wants the union to only be able to bargain collectively for wages. You have refused to answer. I can only surmise that you refuse to respond because you already know or suspect that I'd be taking this conversation to a place that you couldn't defend. You are either intellectually dishonest or a coward. Which one is it?

Edited by 3rdnlng

TAX BREAKS! WEALTHY! WALL STREET!

Jeez, stay focused for a moment and ask yourself this question:

What do you think would happen if public employees were given the CHOICE to be in a union? The union is obviously the greatest and most bestest thing ever, so if people are given the choice, you probably wouldn't see a single penny stop coming in, right? So what are you afraid of?

Why, I'd be willing to bet if you stopped shaking down public employees for part of their income on a mandatory basis, the state of Wisconsin would STILL require the curriculum to include a lesson plan about “ 'the history of organized labor in America and the collective bargaining process' into the state standards for social studies."

Yes...they do.

Awesome.

I am not afraid of anything. And people ARE given the choice. For instance. My brother-in-law and police officer, now Sergeant has never joined the union. No pressure nothing. He does not pay dues or anything at. So that being said, let me ask you this... for those who want to join why take away that right? So please stop with this shaking down BS. It's ALL BS!!!! And I can say that because I have been on MANY a organizing drive/campaign. None of that has happened. How many drives/campaigns have you been part of? Oh that's right someone's friend or relative had a bad experience, therefore all union members, locals, etc operate that way. :wallbash:

pBills:

You keep stating that Gov. Walker is trying to bust the union by wanting to limit what can be collectively bargained for, and that the union has agreed to everything that he really needs. I have repeatedly asked you to answer why he wants the union to only be able to bargain collectively for wages. You have refused to answer. I can only surmise that you refuse to respond because you already know or suspect that I'd be taking this conversation to a place that you couldn't defend. You are either intellectually dishonest or a coward. Which one is it?

If you believing everything this Governor says, you are a fool. Sorry. He has asked the unions to give concessions, they offered and agreed to it. Why does he then have to go even further and take away their right to collective bargaining? Why, because he knows if he gets this passed, that action would send a tidal wave around the country and especially the 13 states attempting to move to Right to Work status. Eventually weakening the Democratic Party by hurting their supporters.

All of that being said, he wants the union to be able to only collective bargain for wages because he believes that will help (in his mind) shed light on alleged violations, etc. He also states that this move would allow him to set the terms statewide. Believing that it would end the "closed shop" and also limit dues being paid making them voluntary. Another way for him to hurt the union by limiting funding for operations. So all in all in every possible way he is trying immediately bust the union or do over time by these other measures.

Bottom line - his real agenda is union busting and hurting the Democratic Party's biggest supporter.

pBills:

Like the Democrats who are living it up in the Heritage Suites in Harvard, Illinois, those qualities aren't mutually exclusive.

I am not afraid of anything. And people ARE given the choice. For instance. My brother-in-law and police officer, now Sergeant has never joined the union. No pressure nothing. He does not pay dues or anything at. So that being said, let me ask you this... for those who want to join why take away that right? So please stop with this shaking down BS. It's ALL BS!!!! And I can say that because I have been on MANY a organizing drive/campaign. None of that has happened. How many drives/campaigns have you been part of? Oh that's right someone's friend or relative had a bad experience, therefore all union members, locals, etc operate that way. :wallbash:

Again, stay focused. Yes, SOME people are given a choice, just not Wisconsin teachers. They have mandatory dues taken from their pay from the school. That money is then given FROM the school TO the union bosses who then put those dues into a campaign fund for the very school officials who not only MAKE the teachers pay the dues, but also mandate that the school TEACH CHILDREN about the importance of collective bargaining.

What world are you living in that suggests ANY of this is even a REMOTELY good idea for the people of Wisconsin?

If you believing everything this Governor says, you are a fool. Sorry. He has asked the unions to give concessions, they offered and agreed to it. Why does he then have to go even further and take away their right to collective bargaining? Why, because he knows if he gets this passed, that action would send a tidal wave around the country and especially the 13 states attempting to move to Right to Work status. Eventually weakening the Democratic Party by hurting their supporters.

All of that being said, he wants the union to be able to only collective bargain for wages because he believes that will help (in his mind) shed light on alleged violations, etc. He also states that this move would allow him to set the terms statewide. Believing that it would end the "closed shop" and also limit dues being paid making them voluntary. Another way for him to hurt the union by limiting funding for operations. So all in all in every possible way he is trying immediately bust the union or do over time by these other measures.

Bottom line - his real agenda is union busting and hurting the Democratic Party's biggest supporter.

Quoted for accuracy:

So, in successive posts, you give a single example and say everything's BS and that union dues are/should be voluntary... and then you whine that the big, bad Wisconsin governor wants to make union dues voluntary?

Which is it?

He may very well want to bust the union. The reason that he wants to limit collective bargaining to wages only is simple. When you agree to a percentage raise it's pretty simple and straightforward. You know what the cost will be and the average person can figure it out. The politicians have been playing the "you scratch my back and I'll scratch your back" game for far too long. Benefits and future benefits can be much more easily hidden and the cost can be much more easily pushed off into the future. They can satisfy their present donor/voters with benefits without having to make the hard choices now. The problem is that at some point in time those hard choices have to be made. For Wisconsin and other states that time has come now. So, whetheor or not he wants to bust the union is superfilous. The measures he's proposing are necessary to balance the budget and hopefully prevent things from getting out of control down the road.

Like the Democrats who are living it up in the Heritage Suites in Harvard, Illinois, those qualities aren't mutually exclusive.

Dude... Have you ever been to Harvard, IL? You can't live it up there... Let alone at a Heritage Suites... :P

Close. It was the Dems and it was to prevent a redistricting vote. It didn't work in the end, but it is good to see that they tend to be consistant.

Oops... Tactics that include the Repubs "defunding ways." Anyway you slice it, they both have quite the skill at doing things in their own special way.

Pop!

[sound of balloon deflating]

Nope... Not in the least... Both sides are consistent in their own special way.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Dude... Have you ever been to Harvard, IL? You can't live it up there... Let alone at a Heritage Suites... :P

Oops... Tactics that include the Repubs "defunding ways." Anyway you slice it, they both have quite the skill at doing things in their own special way.

Nope... Not in the least... Both sides are consistent in their own special way.

No matter how many fence sitting lessons you get from Adam you'll still be the crazy communist uncle to your nephews. (and smell like carp) :lol:

I'd say that the republicans are at least following the rules. The dems leaving the state are clearly in violation - unfortunately the Wisconsin constitution requires them to be there, but doesn't lay out any penalties for not obeying apparently.

I'd say that the republicans are at least following the rules. The dems leaving the state are clearly in violation - unfortunately the Wisconsin constitution requires them to be there, but doesn't lay out any penalties for not obeying apparently.

Eventually they are going to want to get paid. My understanding is that they formulated a rule in the Wisconsin Senate that if you miss two consecutive days you can't have your pay automatically deposited, and must receive your paycheck personally from the Senate leader. :thumbsup:

It's easy to bus in hookers, drugs and booze from Chicago.

Edited by Wacka

I'd like to see them pass a law to fine the state Senators that do not show up for three consecutive days that the Senate is in session and furlough their entire staff indefinitely. Then, when the state wide furloughs begin, they should be targeted to hit the districts that the Fleebagger Senators represent. That's representative democracy in action.

My favorite things of the week:

Gov. Walker either lied or misinformed the public about union pensions:

http://blogs.forbes.com/rickungar/2011/02/25/the-wisconsin-lie-exposed-taxpayers-actually-contribute-nothing-to-public-employee-pensions/

Signs that say: "If you screw us we multiply". I LOVE how union members are joing this fight all over the country. Solidarity!! Just like the Tea Party said... we will remember come the 2012 elections.

Also, love how Gov. Walker was dumb enough to be phone pranked. Spilling some of his plans and exposing him for not giving two craps about jobs. Saying that he would be willing to cut 1,200 jobs. But thought about 5,000 maybe higher. Yeah, he really cares about the people of Wisconsin.

Gov. Walker either lied or misinformed the public about union pensions:

http://blogs.forbes.com/rickungar/2011/02/25/the-wisconsin-lie-exposed-taxpayers-actually-contribute-nothing-to-public-employee-pensions/

Signs that say: "If you screw us we multiply". I LOVE how union members are joing this fight all over the country. Solidarity!! Just like the Tea Party said... we will remember come the 2012 elections.

Also, love how Gov. Walker was dumb enough to be phone pranked. Spilling some of his plans and exposing him for not giving two craps about jobs. Saying that he would be willing to cut 1,200 jobs. But thought about 5,000 maybe higher. Yeah, he really cares about the people of Wisconsin.

Bloomberg: Rhode Island's School Board Fires All Providence Teachers

Mayor Angel Taveras, a Democrat who took office last month, has said repeatedly that city officials and the school board wanted "maximum flexibility" as they made budget decisions. His office said those decisions can't be made until they complete a review of the city's finances.

In the past, the district has routinely sent a few hundred layoff notices to teachers. Sending notices to all teachers [about 2,000] allows officials more time to decide which of the city's 43 schools to close and how many teachers to permanently fire, city officials have said.

They say that most teachers will be re-hired. Per interviews on the RI teevee stations, this is also being seen as a way to wipe out seniority and tenure in the teacher unions.

Must be those BIG BAD Republicans who want to break the unions!

Oh wait... this is happening in THE most liberal state in the union. Providence has had liberal Dem mayors since time out of mind. Granted, they elect RINOs as governors (currently, former U.S. senator Lincoln Chaffee) in a theory that it'll provide some check to the legislature's spending. It doesn't. It can't. They've got it bass-ackwards. If you want a check on spending and maintain leftie social issues (I would be fine with this in CT), you elect a moderate Republican leg. and a Dem governor.

Now, like many states, they're facing catastrophic debt incurred from many years of salaries, benefits and promises to public workers.

There is squeaking all across the country from the gravy trains coming to a stop. The unions can threaten and cry for more grease for the wheels, but the simple fact is they've used it all.

Edited by UConn James