Great Article

pBills

Is it good that the Governor is only going after the unions who didn't vote for him... knowing that the firefighters and police unions are there in solidarity against him?

This is false as well. While it's true that a couple of local unions supported him, the vast majority did NOT. It's a talking point that the media has been using, but it's simply not true. Does anyone actually research anything before reiterating it as fact anymore?

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2011/feb/21/donna-brazile/donna-brazile-says-unions-supported-scott-walker-a/

THX for the clarification. It is an "end run" no matter how you slice it. To say the Repubs wouldn't do is being naive. You seen how both sides attempt to block things. Not saying it is right... Just a viable tactic.

Well, the republicans have never done it. yet... I'm not the thought police, so... If they were doing a filibuster (like the Assembly democrats did for 61 straight hours), that's one thing - I have no problem with that. But leaving the state is not part of the rules and is not a tactic that should be used. They need to hire Dog the Bountyhunter to go drag one of the senators across state lines. :devil:

Strange how WI was one of the first to pass CB and now they are trying to wipe it out. The gov. didn't run on what he is doing...

I don't know if he officially came out and said he was going to do this during the campaign, but during the elections I knew that's what he was going to do. My in-laws, teachers at a technical school in WI, also knew -- that was why they were saying we shouldn't vote for him. So it was no secret during the elections.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it isn't a tactic... Then just vote on it and pass it... What is with a set number if it doesn't mean anything? Even if they are there... It doesn't mean anything. Why the stupid procedure?

By law, they can't. Without a quorum a vote can't be taken.

Laws matter to some. The letter of the law is what the courts mince on a daily basis.

Larger hats have been hung on smaller nails.

By law, they can't. Without a quorum a vote can't be taken.

Laws matter to some. The letter of the law is what the courts mince on a daily basis.

Larger hats have been hung on smaller nails.

I understand. Then why the law? What is the reason for it? You would think they would change it by now. Again, there has to be some reasoning behind it? Maybe the reasoning for the law is let things go like they are playing out now. Again, a tactic. Try to spin it the way you want... The loophole is there for a reason. If it really is an oversight loophole, then it will quickly be changed. Why hasn't it been changed? Seems the same thing is happening in Indiana... And like Taro corrected me... In TX sometime ago.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Looks like the "protest" in Madison is getting wacky now - more like a party rather than an actual cause.

Check this guy out: http://www.jsonline.com/multimedia/photos/117079133.html#id_47181268

"Police drag a man off the edge of a first-floor balcony outside the Wisconsin State Capitol on Monday. It was unclear exactly what he wanted, but he refused to come inside unless a certain drug was legalized."

Looks like the "protest" in Madison is getting wacky now - more like a party rather than an actual cause.

Check this guy out: http://www.jsonline.com/multimedia/photos/117079133.html#id_47181268

"Police drag a man off the edge of a first-floor balcony outside the Wisconsin State Capitol on Monday. It was unclear exactly what he wanted, but he refused to come inside unless a certain drug was legalized."

And here I just thought Conner opted not to log on any more.

Lots of hippies are teachers. It is possible that he had two demands but most potheads can't count to two.