Great Article

pBills

The group held up outside of the state is doing the right thing. Do you not understand that if the minority democrats came back the bill would be hammered through with NO negotiations? Guess that part passed you by huh?

For many of these people pensions are their 401(k). They live paycheck to paycheck. So for them to say that would be willing to pay more towards their pension and other benefits, I think is a very good concession. Actually exactly what the Gov. asked for. Of course he will not listen until they lose collective bargaining as well. I am SO proud of the union members around the country gathering and protesting Walker and others like him. Unions have given and will give concessions... that is a proven fact. These republicans are looking to kill the unions and ultimately the major supporter for Democrats. Do not be fooled to think that it's ALL about the budget. It's not.

Hey pBills, why don't you answer my question to you? Why is Walker trying to limit collective bargaining to wages only?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The group held up outside of the state is doing the right thing. Do you not understand that if the minority democrats came back the bill would be hammered through with NO negotiations? Guess that part passed you by huh?

Gee, why does this sound so familar. Sucks when the shoe's on the other foot, Eh?

Edited by erynthered

The group held up outside of the state is doing the right thing.

No they are not.

The people of Wisconsin want this legislation, they should be doing what their constituents want. Not what their political donors want.

:wallbash::wallbash:

No they are not.

The people of Wisconsin want this legislation, they should be doing what their constituents want. Not what their political donors want.

This is the exact problem with collective bargaining. They are listening to the money not the majority.

No they are not.

I and many others believe they ARE doing what their constituents want. People want a balanced budget, people (Gov. Walker and Republicans) wanted the union to give concessions... they did. He wants to bust the unions.

"My sense is, hell. I'll talk. If they want to yell at me for an hour, I'm used to that. I can deal with that. But I'm not negotiating." Great job Walker!! Talk about Democracy.

Edited by pBills

I and many others believe they ARE doing what their constituents want. People want a balanced budget, people (Gov. Walker and Republicans) wanted the union to give concessions... they did. He wants to bust the unions.

But you are in the minority.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_politics/february_2011/48_back_gop_governor_in_wisconsin_spat_38_side_with_unions

"My sense is, hell. I'll talk. If they want to yell at me for an hour, I'm used to that. I can deal with that. But I'm not negotiating." Great job Walker!! Talk about Democracy.

Well maybe his long distance phone plan doesn't cover Chicago.

The Republicans can come along for the ride. They just have to sit in the back of the bus

How is Walker acting any different than the POTUS? Oh yeah, the Republicans actually stayed and voted, even if they lost the vote.

The Republicans can come along for the ride. They just have to sit in the back of the bus

How is Walker acting any different than the POTUS? Oh yeah, the Republicans actually stayed and voted, even if they lost the vote.

The democrats are always trying to work the system. Why doesn't Walker just "deem" that it passed?

The democrats are always trying to work the system. Why doesn't Walker just "deem" that it passed?

They should just tell the Unions that the collective bargaining stuff is just misinformation.

They just can't correct that misinformation until they pass the bill and see what's in it.

pBills:

Why do you think Walker is agreeing to collective bargaining for wages but not benefits?

Even if all they get is to stop the automatic union dues deductions, that would be great victory.

This was the most amazing thing I came to learn about the situation in Wisconsin.

So let me get this straight: the state hires you, then deducts a certain amount of your pay, which it gives to a bunch of guys in charge of a union to which you must belong. The guys in charge of the union take that money for their salaries, plus they donate a large portion of it BACK to the Democrats' campaign funds, so they can get these people back in office, and in return, the state negotiates with these union bosses to give the workers massive pensions programs that the state can not actually afford.

Walker isn't union busting. He's putting an end to a money laundering scheme. Anyone who is even remotely in favor of this is insane.

Edited by LABillzFan

This was the most amazing thing I came to learn about the situation in Wisconsin.

So let me get this straight: the state hires you, then deducts a certain amount of your pay, which it gives to a bunch of guys in charge of a union to which you must belong. The guys in charge of the union take that money for their salaries, plus they donate a large portion of it BACK to the Democrats' campaign funds, so they can get these people back in office, and in return, the state negotiates with these union bosses to give the workers massive pensions programs that the state can not actually afford.

Walker isn't union busting. He's putting an end to a money laundering scheme. Anyone who is even remotely in favor of this is insane.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704900004576152172777557748.html

"Ending dues deductions breaks the political cycle in which government collects dues, gives them to the unions, who then use the dues to back their favorite candidates and also lobby for bigger government and more pay and benefits," Mr. Siegel told me. After New York City's Transport Workers Union lost the right to automatic dues collection in 2007 following an illegal strike, its income fell by more than 35% as many members stopped ponying up. New York City ended the dues collection ban after 18 months.

Less money laundering than a protection racket, a la the mob...

...which is not coincidental, I'm sure.

:oops:

This was posted in the wrong thread... Just keeping everybody abreast on what is happening with the group holed up in Chicago hotel bunker:

"From the Chicago Tea Party...

Members of the Illinois Tea Party received a tip indicating the Democratic State Senators who fled the state of Wisconsin rather than doing their jobs were in a hotel in Illinois. After hearing the news, they promptly dropped their groceries and made the 15 minute drive to the town of Harvard, IL. (WI State Senator Chris Larson (D) pictured below)

Jane Carrell of the Northern Illinois Tea Party has the latest on the situation.

Northern Illinois Tea Party board member Doc got to the Heritage Suites in Harvard and found the fleeing senators in the lobby of the motel. He said that they were laughing like school children. News cameras were there.

Check out the Tea Party report at Chicago Tea Party."

NYT: Indiana Democrat copy Wisconsin legislators for Union Vote

Best part is, these 'tards probably think these tactics are actually going to win them votes.

They all would make great Monty Python knights: "RUN AWAY!! RUN AWAY!!!"

Didn't the Republicans in Texas do it a bunch of years ago? Seems that party survived.

NYT: Indiana Democrat copy Wisconsin legislators for Union Vote

Best part is, these 'tards probably think these tactics are actually going to win them votes.

They all would make great Monty Python knights: "RUN AWAY!! RUN AWAY!!!"

Also: Republican Mitch Daniels, IN is speaking out and thinks the Repubs should drop what they are pushing... The people in power did not run on these tactics. We will see about your votes thing.

:oops:

This was posted in the wrong thread... Just keeping everybody abreast on what is happening with the group holed up in Chicago hotel bunker:

"From the Chicago Tea Party...

Members of the Illinois Tea Party received a tip indicating the Democratic State Senators who fled the state of Wisconsin rather than doing their jobs were in a hotel in Illinois. After hearing the news, they promptly dropped their groceries and made the 15 minute drive to the town of Harvard, IL. (WI State Senator Chris Larson (D) pictured below)

Jane Carrell of the Northern Illinois Tea Party has the latest on the situation.

Northern Illinois Tea Party board member Doc got to the Heritage Suites in Harvard and found the fleeing senators in the lobby of the motel. He said that they were laughing like school children. News cameras were there.

Check out the Tea Party report at Chicago Tea Party."

Didn't the Republicans in Texas do it a bunch of years ago? Seems that party survived.

Also: Republican Mitch Daniels, IN is speaking out and thinks the Repubs should drop what they are pushing... The people in power did not run on these tactics. We will see about your votes thing.

Close. It was the Dems and it was to prevent a redistricting vote. It didn't work in the end, but it is good to see that they tend to be consistant.

HAHAHAHA!!! That is awesome. I am sure that you are against all of those tax breaks for the wealthiest and wall street by Republicans right? Stop the insanity right?

FACT of the matter is that the unions have offered concessions and would be paying more for their healthcare benefits and pensions. Isn't that what the Gov. based all of this off of? Fixing the budget? So if he is truly out to fix the budget and the unions are willing to do their part, shouldn't he just shut up and do what is right for the state? All sides happy? A smart person would say yes.

I also find it funny how the push to convert states to be Right to Work is going on in 13 states ALL AT THE SAME TIME. Gee, I wonder if there was some sort of plan to do this? Go Unions get through this attack by Republicans and then vote their asses out in 2012. Tea Party has nothing on the Labor Movement.

OH and one last thing... THANK GOD JEFF COX WAS FIRED!! Although, I am sure some moron here would approve of his actions.

Mr. Live Ammo Gets Fired

An Indiana public official who advocated using "live ammunition" on Wisconsin protesters has been fired, reports TPM. The Indiana Attorney General's Office announced on Wednesday afternoon that Deputy Attorney General Jeff Cox is "no longer employed," after his violent outburst on Twitter. Cox got into trouble on Sunday when he responded to a tweets from Mother Jones editor Adam Weinstein commenting on riot police clearing protesters from Wisconsin's capitol. After Weinstein challenged him, Cox defended his push for deadly force, tweeting: "[A]gainst thugs physically threatening legally-elected state legislators & governor? You're damn right I advocate deadly force." A political fracas ensued, after which the Indiana Attorney General's office dismissed Cox. "We respect individuals' First Amendment right to express their personal views on private online forums, but as public servants we are held by the public to a higher standard, and we should strive for civility," the Attorney General's office said in a statement.

Funny thing is no one physically threatened anyone... that's a Tea Party move. Edited by pBills