Fitzpatricks brain and Cam Newtons physical abilities=one hell of a QB

DUFF

I hate to beat a dead horse with all the Cam Newton talk....but it's the off-season and theres nothing better to do. I'll start by saying i'm not completely sold of the idea of taking a project qb with the first pick, but if theres any chance that he can pick up the mental aspects of the game through Fitz, he would be the most "complete" qb in a very long time...possibly ever. I've heard on this board several times that Fitz doesn't have the arm strength, accuracy, etc yet he is able to identify coverages and make plays with feet at times. Well Cam has superb arm strength, exceptional quickness and agility...the only unknown is whether or not he can learn the pro-style offense or not. thoughts???

If he picks up the mental part of the game, he'll be a stud. If he doesn't, he'll suck. Not really sure what else to say about him. All the talent in the world. Does he have the mind for it? No one knows. Anyone that says they know whether he will/wont succeed is fos. Roll the dice and if his number comes up, pray and hope. End of story

I hate to beat a dead horse with all the Cam Newton talk....but it's the off-season and theres nothing better to do. I'll start by saying i'm not completely sold of the idea of taking a project qb with the first pick, but if theres any chance that he can pick up the mental aspects of the game through Fitz, he would be the most "complete" qb in a very long time...possibly ever. I've heard on this board several times that Fitz doesn't have the arm strength, accuracy, etc yet he is able to identify coverages and make plays with feet at times. Well Cam has superb arm strength, exceptional quickness and agility...the only unknown is whether or not he can learn the pro-style offense or not. thoughts???

Want a project QB with better skills draft Kaepernick.

My thoughts are quite simple. If Can Newton or Blaine Gabbert Gabbert are available at the number 3 pick, the Bills should draft one of them. If they both are there, then I like Newton better, but I would be just as happy with Gabbert.

Seriously--why waste a draft pick on a project? Beating a dead horse here, but we have a gaping hole on the defensive line/LBs. Von Miller would be a sure-fire pick. If in the second round a quality QB comes up, then draft him. We already have Fitz; give him one more year to progress with a quality O line and run defense. At this point, I'd rather One Bills Drive pick a stud TE over a QB.

...And speaking of gene splicing and Samoans, I'd want a QB with Fitz' intelligence, Newton's mobility and Palamalu's super human omnipresence.

Seriously--why waste a draft pick on a project? Beating a dead horse here, but we have a gaping hole on the defensive line/LBs. Von Miller would be a sure-fire pick. If in the second round a quality QB comes up, then draft him. We already have Fitz; give him one more year to progress with a quality O line and run defense. At this point, I'd rather One Bills Drive pick a stud TE over a QB.

...And speaking of gene splicing and Samoans, I'd want a QB with Fitz' intelligence, Newton's mobility and Palamalu's super human omnipresence.

We also have a gaping hole at the stud QB position. It's a little more important than LB. Sure, we have holes on defense. But we also have holes on offense. As much as we like to dream, this team isn't gonna be competing for the title next year. The year after next its also unlikely. We have time to fix holes. Being in position to fix those holes is a different story. It's not every year that we are in position to pick the best QB in te draft, especially one with the rare talents of newton. Chan loves mobile QBs that can create outside the pocket. Newton is the best avail. The kaepernick lovers may disagree. I'll take newton any day of the week. He may not be MY first choice, but I wouldn't hate our FO for trying to acquire a true franchise qb, something Fitzy is NOT. The lord knows we need one.

...........warren moon, randall cunningham, mcnabb,vick..........I'd take any one of them on the Bills. work ethic is what seperates them from jamarcus russells, akili smiths, and vince youngs.

What does this have to do with the question posted ??? Wasn't he asking about Fitz teaching Newton & the possibilities of that for the team ??? :doh:

I am not sure if Fitz's intangables are "teachable." Sure he can do his best to teach Newton how to change protections or recognize defenses but on some level he would have to have the "it" factor on his own. Would Newton play with the same fire and chip on his shoulder? We will never know until the kid gets a shot. I would not be completely shocked if Nix and Co. drafted him but I am on the side of drafting a stud DE. In the end I just hope we have a good draft and find some guys who can make an impact right away. Lord knows this team needs it.

OK, so you want Newton to borrow a brain....Now where is going to get a heart and a moral compass

Can newton is an ignorant animal

This opens up a world of possibilities. How about:

Jessica Simpson's mind and Homer Simpson's physical abilities = Aaron Maybin

Jerry Lewis' mind and Jim Thorpe's physical abilites = Mike Williams

Any takers?

I always enjoy a good Aaron Maybin slap