It should be a law....

Just Jack

It should be the law than when you are cruising at a speed that is significantly faster than the limit and appropriate for the fast lane and a car comes up on you quickly and rides your ass while you are both going 70...you can pull out a gun and kill the other driver.

That when you're on the highway with the cruise on, and someone goes speeding by you, then gets in front and slows to below your current speed, that you are allowed to bump them instead of either going around or adjusting your speed slower.

In rush hour, if a driver is using his cell phone and driving much slower than traffic flow, I am allowed to pull him over, slam that phone on the road and stomp all over it.

To keep with the driving theme...You should be able to take your driving test at whatever BAC level you choose. If you pass, you get to drive at that level and below. I guarantee I am a much more competent driver at .08 than most of the 80 year olds with no reflexes or motor skills left!

*Before someone with no sense of humor blasts me for advocating drunk driving, it's just a joke.

To keep with the driving theme...You should be able to take your driving test at whatever BAC level you choose. If you pass, you get to drive at that level and below. I guarantee I am a much more competent driver at .08 than most of the 80 year olds with no reflexes or motor skills left!

The only vehicles allowed on the road should either be:

1. Driven by me.

2. Ambulances.

Maybe I've been in NJ too long.

Yup.

It should be the law than when you are cruising at a speed that is significantly faster than the limit and appropriate for the fast lane and a car comes up on you quickly and rides your ass while you are both going 70...you can pull out a gun and kill the other driver.

So you get to decide that the speed limit is not fast enough, but the speed you have chosen is, and nobody should be allowed to drive faster than that?

How will we know how fast we are allowed to go on roads where you're not doing your community service as the pace car?

:thumbdown:

It is really annoying when someone is cruising along in the PASSING lane at a speed slower than I want to be traveling and they do not move over as soon as safely possible. I do give enough time to speed up or move over before "riding their ass" but some people just don't get the hint that they should get the hell out of the way. I will inevitably encounter several of these people in ten minutes when I get on the thruway to go home from work.

Rush Hour (6am-9am and 4pm-7pm) has special rules for the highway:

- No truck traffic, particularly anything with a wide load that takes up more than 1 lane of a 3 lane highway - you want to move your house, do it in the middle of the day

- No traffic stops - the only reason you should pull someone over and throw on the lights which cause an 8 mile backup is if there is gunplay - causing an 8 mile backup to give someone a speeding ticket is rediculous

- No harm/no foul accidents - if 2 cars make contact in stop and go traffic and there is no damage and nobody got hurt, get back on the damn road and let it slide - don't cause a huge backup exchanging worthless information for 45 minutes (and if you call the cops for such an incident they should be allowed to shoot you for being a dumbass)

- No prisoner trash crews - you already harmed society once, don't do it again by causing a backup when everybody slows down to see your sorry orange jumpsuit picking up trash - do that in the middle of the day

- On snowy days when your wipers start to get iced up, get off at an exit or rest area to futz with them - don't stop on the highway - seriously, it's a snowy road filled with other vehicles who are hampered by weather - really dangerouse thing to do

- Turn on your damn lights when the visibility is poor! If you drive a gray car and there's a lot of spray coming up from the road you are really hard to see until the last second

It is really annoying when someone is cruising along in the PASSING lane at a speed slower than I want to be traveling and they do not move over as soon as safely possible. I do give enough time to speed up or move over before "riding their ass" but some people just don't get the hint that they should get the hell out of the way. I will inevitably encounter several of these people in ten minutes when I get on the thruway to go home from work.

When you do please dangerously ride their ass while you both go 75...

When you do please dangerously ride their ass while you both go 75...

I have just one simple question for the left lane pace cars. Why do you feel the need to drive in the passing lane if you aren't actually passing anyone? You could be driving 70 in the right lane just as easily without pissing off 15 cars behind you.

Way too many laws in this country as is. Like we need new ones.

But I will humor this thread. It should be a law- passing lane is just that. If you don't give up the lane and move over you get executed. There- how is that?

is there anyone in the right lane? don't care if you are going above the speed limit...if you can move over to let someone who wants to go faster, do it...cruise to your hearts content in the left lane, as long as you aren't impeding others....now if there is someone in the right lane and you cannot move over without significantly increasing your already increased speed, then yes, you are free to shoot

Everyone has to send ME a bottle of red wine every year for the rest of there life.

Mead107

Charlton, NY 12019

Heading up to Sonoma to pick up a case of Syrah futures I bought earlier this year. I'll send you a bottle.

It'll be empty but I'll still send it. :devil: