Jon Corto signs extension...

boyst

Per Bills twitter, SS Jon Corto has signed an extension.

Per Whitner, his sister wants him to buy her a car.

I like the signing, it will be nice to have a guy with Bills experience here another year or two and can only figure that Whitner will not be a target to sign until the CBA is figured out.

Really...Corto got resigned...

From all accounts he has a strong work ethic, seems likeable, and he contributes on Special Teams, but the Bills need to seriously get away from having a current roster with 5 legitimate starters on their team, 20backups, and 20+ "blue collar special teams guys."

From all accounts he has a strong work ethic, seems likeable, and he contributes on Special Teams, but the Bills need to seriously get away from having a current roster with 5 legitimate starters on their team, 20backups, and 20+ "blue collar special teams guys."

Perhaps, most important, he brings in the ladies. At the Tavern (Austin sports bar where I watch the Bills every week), there are 4 gorgeous girls, all from Orchard Park, former class-mates of Corto, who come to watch the games... so, even if the Bills suck again, in 2011, there is that... :thumbsup:

Edited by Buftex

Perhaps, most important, he brings in the ladies. At the Tavern (Austin sports bar where I watch the Bills every week), there are 4 gorgeous girls, all from Orchard Park, former class-mates of Corto, who come to watch the games... so, even if the Bills suck again, in 2011, there is that... :thumbsup:

I call BS. "Gorgeous girls" and "from Orchard Park" are mutually exclusive.

Counterintuitive but the best way to get rid of them and improve the team longterm might be to resign them. If we are always looking for replacements we never find upgrades. If we have to fill 20 holes it's tough to upgrade the roster. If we have a full team we can focus on improvements.

I think it goes to the idea of not letting talent walk til you have a better option.

Agree 100% home town player and all. We need talent. If John Corto is our starting SS we are in trouble. Wait we are already in trouble.

He's a solid special teamer. Not sure why people are getting bent out of shape about this. It's not like they signed the guy to be a starter on our defense. We can't get rid of everyone except a few guys who don't suck and get an entirely new roster before next season (if there is one).