Rothlisberger & Rodgers could have been Bills

BuffaloinLA

I know it is shoulda coulda woulda but..

In 2004, we traded up to Losman

Had we used the extra picks to trade up just THREE spots, we could have had Rothlisberger

In 2005, had we NOT traded up for Losman, we could have drafted Rodgers

The ironic thing is that supposedly we traded up to keep Green Bay from Drafting him

On another point, it kills me seeing all of these 1st and 2nd year players start and conribute on super bowl teams (Quarles, Matthews, Raji, Bulaga,...) especially since we could have had most of them, and our draftees can not even dress during the regular season

Had we used the extra picks to trade up just THREE spots, we could have had Rothlisberger

The ironic thing is that supposedly we traded up to keep Green Bay from Drafting him

On another point, it kills me seeing all of these 1st and 2nd year players start and conribute on super bowl teams (Quarles, Matthews, Raji, Bulaga,...) especially since we could have had most of them, and our draftees can not even dress during the regular season

I think they did try to trade up for Rothlesberger. But that was a Rooney call. They were planning on drafting an OL, but Rooney said he always regretted passing on Marino and didn't want to do it again.

Hard to say how they would have turned out here or any other place for that matter. Having the right coaches makes a big difference in player development, maybe Lossman would have been great at Greenbay. Considering the coaches we had then I think Ben would have done better here than Rogers because he needed time to develop so that he may have bombed in GB if Favre wasn't there. Now that we have Gailey we should be able to draft any QB with talent and be successful, which shows how inept Trent was, who had skills but not "it".

And we also could've had Tom Brady too. We also couldve had Haloti Ngata, could've had Greg Jennings, could've had Vincent Jackson, Vince Wilfork, Lawrence Timmons, could've traded up a spot for Patrick Willis; could've drafted David Harris or Lamar Woodley, could've had Michael Oher and Ryan Clady, Joe Flacco, could've taken Desean Jackson, or Ray Rice, could've taken Jamal Charles instead of Chris Ellis, could've had Marques Colston, Larry Johnson, Anquan Boldin, Osi Umenyura. Could've even had our TE in Jason Witten, and could've picked up Antonio Gates off the undrafted FA list. WOW. Look at what we could've had.

So what's the point of this thread?

And we also could've had Tom Brady too. We also couldve had Haloti Ngata, could've had Greg Jennings, could've had Vincent Jackson, Vince Wilfork, Lawrence Timmons, could've traded up a spot for Patrick Willis; could've drafted David Harris or Lamar Woodley, could've had Michael Oher and Ryan Clady, Joe Flacco, could've taken Desean Jackson, or Ray Rice, could've taken Jamal Charles instead of Chris Ellis, could've had Marques Colston, Larry Johnson, Anquan Boldin, Osi Umenyura. Could've even had our TE in Jason Witten, and could've picked up Antonio Gates off the undrafted FA list. WOW. Look at what we could've had.

hahahahha i was going to do this too!!!

JP! JP! JP!

:wallbash: :wallbash:

:lol:

You forgot about cortizone wonder kid: Jay Cutler instead of Donte Whitner... Well, probably Whitner too! And Dallas Clark. Heck, if the hound wouldn't have stop to take a dump... He would have got the fox.

Do we have to continually review all the bad trades and drafts from the past decade? This subject on the Losman trade has been discussed 100X.

Donahoe traded up to get Losman because he thought Green Bay and other teams would have taken him. It turned out bad, like so many other draft day decisions for Buffalo. There was no opportunity to trade up to get Big Ben.

Lets all agree to move forward.

We are one of the, if not the absolute, worst at drafting players.

You know that the majority of the SB teams were drafted right? An unprecedented, likely once in a lifetime, stretch of great teams, with almost every key player coming via the draft... It could be a lot worse.

I am sorry for clouding your argument with fact. You are free to return to your "whoa is me" life.

This will be Buddy's second draft...again, I know that doesn't mean much when you really, really want to just piss and moan, but if you give it a couple years, I think you could be pleased, if that's what you're into.

Please don't mix the Haloti Ngata/Donte Whitner debacle into that tirade.

Unlike the other stuff you rattled off - Ngata was EVERYONE's pick for the Bills to take that year - except for Dick "the DB-hoarder" Jauron, and Marv "why-am-I-the-GM?" Levy .

Here in Baltimore I can tell you the local press covering the draft were absolutely shocked the Bills didn't take Ngata - they had been thinking maybe they'd settle for Whitnet themselves.

The reason so many fans keep reliving the past Bills drafts is because they have no confidence in future Bills drafts. Its true this will only be Nix's second draft but with no impact players or game changing players drafted last year there is no confidence things will change. Just show me the impact players from last years draft. Thought so, there weren't any. Bills fans have every right to be very concerned.

Please don't mix the Haloti Ngata/Donte Whitner debacle into that tirade.

Unlike the other stuff you rattled off - Ngata was EVERYONE's pick for the Bills to take that year - except for Dick "the DB-hoarder" Jauron, and Marv "why-am-I-the-GM?" Levy .

Here in Baltimore I can tell you the local press covering the draft were absolutely shocked the Bills didn't take Ngata - they had been thinking maybe they'd settle for Whitnet themselves.

Why not? I'll definately put him in the mix of my tirade. We could've drafted him but NO. We needed a play making safety that makes 100+ meaningless tackles a season. :thumbsup:

I know that the Bills have had some really sucky drafts in the past & i wasn't one that wanted the Bills to pick Donte Whitner where he was taken , but we could have done a lot worse & have !! Can you say Mike Williams ?? At least Donte has been a servicable player if nothing else ....

And would be great as a depth player if he stays ????

Hard to say how they would have turned out here or any other place for that matter. Having the right coaches makes a big difference in player development, maybe Lossman would have been great at Greenbay. Considering the coaches we had then I think Ben would have done better here than Rogers because he needed time to develop so that he may have bombed in GB if Favre wasn't there. Now that we have Gailey we should be able to draft any QB with talent and be successful, which shows how inept Trent was, who had skills but not "it".

Coaches don't ruin players, players ruin coaches. The idea that this team has had incompetent coaches is nonsense. Now some of our coaching selections haven't been top notch, but none have been incompetent to the point of making or breaking a player's career. To think that JP Losman, who has been coached by Mularkey, Jauron, Fassel & Carroll and has only been successful against minor league competition would ever amount to anything with different coaching is insane.

I know that the Bills have had some really sucky drafts in the past & i wasn't one that wanted the Bills to pick Donte Whitner where he was taken , but we could have done a lot worse & have !! Can you say Mike Williams ?? At least Donte has been a servicable player if nothing else ....

And would be great as a depth player if he stays ????

A great depth player taken with a top 10 pick. Great job drafting. :rolleyes: