Your favorite potato chip?

Mr. Dink

Martins Kettle Cooked from York, PA. These are my favorite.

I've really come to enjoy kettle cooked chips...I especially like the ones that are sort of folded over onto themselves... :thumbsup:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some chips I recently bought are as advertised.

Ruffles Molten Hot Wings.

a) They are Ruffles

and

b) They ARE HOT.

enjoy.

I have not had these in a long time, but Charles Chips in the steel can were pretty good

Edited by LewPort71

Some chips I recently bought are as advertised.

Ruffles Molten Hot Wings.

a) They are Ruffles

and

b) They ARE HOT.

enjoy.

I have not had these in a long time, but Charles Chips in the steel can were pretty good

I grew up on Charles Chips...they had amazing hard pretzels :thumbsup:

Ruffles Cheddar & Sour Cream are my favorite.

The brand I loved growing up, and that no longer exists, was O'Grady's Au Grautin potato chips.

oh MAN,I forgot all about O'Grady's....those were AWESOME

Oh man, maybe someone can help me. I had these potato chips when I was in central Ohio on a trip and forgot the name of them. They're from NY, an upper NY brand, I think.

They were an allspice chip, and on the bag it said something about being Vanderbilts favorite type of potato chip and I know it said something about the Adirondacks? It was a blue and white bag, maybe with a little red?

It's tough settling on a brand, but I'll go with a lot of people in here who mentioned kettle cooked salt and vinegar chips. I noticed a new kind I haven't seen before a couple days back, so I'm going to grab those with my lunch later today.

Plenty have mentioned kettle cooked chips. If by kettle cooked you mean those chips that don't easily break and can shatter the roof of your mouth, or inflict a puncture wound if a shard snags you then I hates kettle chips.

:lol:

Troyer Farms made some amazing red hot chips. Totally forgot about those!

Troyer Farms Salt & Vinegar

And honorable mention to a corn chip - I don't know if it was a test market or short term offering, but Doritos had a 1st/2nd/3rd Degree Burn chip that was most awesome. 1st Degree burn had a kick, 2nd degree was spicer, and 3rd degree was packed with habienero goodness :worthy:

I just noticed, what an awesome avatar & saying you have.... no doubt the BK at QB would've beaten the Steelers 3rd-stringers in 2004. :bag:

Troyer Farms is the best brand, I wish I could find a store down here in MD that carried them.

Good ol' Erie (okay, Waterford, but it's close) chips. Love the Salt and Vinegar ones.

Martins Kettle Cooked from York, PA. These are my favorite.

They're not bad. My wife has gotten me to really like Kay and Ray's chips (regular and dark) also.

Old Dutch sour cream and bacon and/or bacon rippled. their dill pickle chips are also well spiced. i get a bag of one of these every time i'm up Canada way.

jw

Dang, I've never seen anything like sour cream and bacon lol...sounds good though!

Please, someone help me...since reading this yesterday I have been craving those darn chips. :cry: I've looked for them on the internet several times and all I can remember is that they were "all spice." Had a story on the back about Vanderbilt discovering chips, and something to do with upper NY.