Yet another mock draft

frogger

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/598405-2011-nfl-draft-complete-7-round-mock-for-buffalo-bills

Best of the Mocks, IMHO

scoring at home

1-Peterson CB

2-Phil Taylor NT

3-Matthews ILB

4a-Andy Dalton QB

4b Dontay Moch OLB

5. DeAndre McDaniel, Clemson Safety

6. Charles Clay, Tulsa Tight End

7. Mark Herzlich ILB

add a free agent for the OL and DL and I'd say this would be a highly successful offseason

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/598405-2011-nfl-draft-complete-7-round-mock-for-buffalo-bills

Best of the Mocks, IMHO

scoring at home

1-Peterson CB

2-Phil Taylor NT

3-Matthews ILB

4a-Andy Dalton QB

4b Dontay Moch OLB

7. Mark Herzlich ILB

add a free agent for the OL and DL and I'd say this would be a highly successful offseason

"...Moch reportedly runs a 4.2 in the 40-yard dash, which is especially impressive for a 6-3, 248 pound defensive end...."

No 'effin way this is true. But, if true, he won't last into the fourth round. That's just too attractive to ignore. Hell, Al Davis would try to make a WR out of him.

GO BILLS!!!

Very poor projection:

Rd1: AJ Green would be BPA at #3

Rd2: I like Liuget, but LB is a greater need than DE, and there should be good LB's available in this spot. How about giving Troupe and Carrington a chance?

Rd3: there's almost no chance Barksdale will be there. But definitely take him if he is.

Rd4: what's the difference between Dalton and Levi Brown? not much, so why waste a pick here?

Rd4: Moch is a nice prospect, like a Moats. But why not take him with 1st pick in this round to make sure you get him?

Rd5: Ziemba is good value here, but we have guards and can find decent backups in FA. We need more LBs here, the key to any 3-4 system. Seriously, how can anyone rely on Merriman?

Rd6: I like Johnson and his hard hitting style. His lack of top end speed isn't the handicap at SS that it would be at FS. And we definitely need to start thinking post-Whitner

Rd7: Herzlich is a good flyer to have a comeback after battling cancer and at LB a position of need

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Best of the Mocks, IMHO

scoring at home

1-Peterson CB

2-Phil Taylor NT

3-Matthews ILB

4a-Andy Dalton QB

4b Dontay Moch OLB

7. Mark Herzlich ILB

I would love this draft, especially if fairley isnt there at the number three pick. We have to go with the best talent available and its either aj green or peterson. With a team such as ours, you can never get enough talent. I know that we have more significant positional needs but really almost every position on our team is a positional need. Aj Green & Patrick Peterson would be the lowest risk choices. They are on a level of their own with fairley being a close second (talent wise). Find that superstar to build your team around. CB is a more of a need at this stage than WR but i would not be disappointed with Green or Paterson.

We drafted Troup in the 2nd round last year and have Kyle Williams. I can't see any reason why Nix would waste a high pick like that on another NT. Andy Dalton is will be a garbage NFL QB. I think Matthews going in the 3rd round is too high. Teams will overdraft him based on bloodline and not actual talent. Moch is the kind of guy where teams will love his speed but hate his size, decision making, and football instincts (he has none). He's an athlete, not a football player. Have never liked him once I actually looked at him (but was intrigued by his speed).

Edited by Bangarang

"...Moch reportedly runs a 4.2 in the 40-yard dash, which is especially impressive for a 6-3, 248 pound defensive end...."

No 'effin way this is true. But, if true, he won't last into the fourth round. That's just too attractive to ignore. Hell, Al Davis would try to make a WR out of him.

GO BILLS!!!

Moch is that fast but he sucks and would be a terrible pick in any round.

Moch will run no where near a 4.2 40 time. I watched him carefully at the East West Shrine game. His speed sideline to sideline was not all that impressive. His ability to shed blockers was less impressive. He also weighed in much lighter than expected at the shrine game. He is not a fit in the 3-4 defense to top things off. Just say no to Moch, he's not a player.

My guess is Moch runs no better than a high 4.4, low 4.5 40, still very impressive for a LB, but no where close to what he's proclaimed he runs.

I could see a 4-3 team that values speed and plays on a fast track (Atlanta Falcons come to mind) take a flier on Moch in round 4-5, and use him as a situational rusher, but personnaly I'm not a fan.

Hal Lay Lou Yah.....someone who can see Moch for what he is. A glorified, small LB who filled up the stat sheets in the WAC. Wasn't very consistent though, and at his weight will never be more than a reserve at the NFL level, and that's best case scenario IMO.

If the Bills are thruthful about sticking with the 3-4 (which I believe they are after listening to Buddy Nix), I don't even think Moch would be a draftable prospect on their board.

Edited by Estro

Best of the Mocks, IMHO

scoring at home

1-Peterson CB

2-Phil Taylor NT

3-Matthews ILB

4a-Andy Dalton QB

4b Dontay Moch OLB

7. Mark Herzlich ILB

Not enough focus on the secondary. They also need to concentrate more on receivers and running backs.

Best of the Mocks, IMHO

scoring at home

1-Peterson CB

2-Phil Taylor NT

3-Matthews ILB

4a-Andy Dalton QB

4b Dontay Moch OLB

7. Mark Herzlich ILB

Ugh... shoot me now :wallbash:

Herzlich, a 4-3 OLB, is going to the Browns in RD#2; otherwise good draft. :thumbsup:

You don't think 2 years removed from Chemo, and on an NFL weight program he won't be able to play inside in a 3-4?

With his motor and his Junior year strength he definitely could play 3-4 ILB. He never was a talented pass rusher.

If Poz Walks I think Herzlich can fill the void and then some.

Yeah I guess if he gets bigger he might be better as a 4-3 WILL. I just think he is pretty versatile player and a team captain. in 3-4 Hybrid he can move to the "WIll" in 4-3 downs and move to the WILL in the 3-4.

Edited by Why So Serious?

I would love this draft, especially if fairley isnt there at the number three pick. We have to go with the best talent available and its either aj green or peterson. With a team such as ours, you can never get enough talent. I know that we have more significant positional needs but really almost every position on our team is a positional need. Aj Green & Patrick Peterson would be the lowest risk choices. They are on a level of their own with fairley being a close second (talent wise). Find that superstar to build your team around. CB is a more of a need at this stage than WR but i would not be disappointed with Green or Paterson.

What bad team has built a team around a CB?? It's impossible.

What is the most impressive game/performance you have seen Peterson play?Also, if "the best of the mocks" claims a LB can run a 4.2 40, they have zero credibility. Or they're onion sports.

Edited by Mr. WEO

GO BILLS!!!

He's actually been clocked at 4.08...

Link - Nevada defense moves at Dontay Moch speed (USA Today)

He's actually been clocked at 4.08...

Link - Nevada defense moves at Dontay Moch speed (USA Today)

youtube.com/watch?v=Da0kyDPWHqA

I might even try to watch the LBs 40 times live on the NFL Network just to see that.

If he really runs a 4.1 . . . its going to give the draftnicks a major Boner. You will see him in mocks at #48 to the Raiders.