Pickle juice

DC Tom

It seems that if you leave Kool Aid (lemonade or other cirus flavors) in your toilet overnight, the Kool Aid will clean your toilet.

Critic acid.

Pickle juice should do the same thing, as I believe it's acidic. A seasoning, a road treatment, a toilet cleanser...can probably use it as a floor polish, too.

That's it. I'm submitting pickle juice to Mythbusters. Let the pros decide how much of a miracle this magic liquid truly is...plus I want to watch Jamie Hyneman make retatta.

Gives them an excuse to go up to the Sierras and ski at Tahoe. Love watching the show and figuring where in the SF Bay area they are. The Alameda County Sherriff's bomb range is only a few miles away. A few years ago, they had a notice in the paper saying to not call 911 if you heard explosions on the Army Reserve base (where the bomb range is), it was just Mythbusters blowing stuff up. When they did the car levitating by fire hoses and the christmas lights episodes, that was at the fire training facility in the town next door.

Do you know where I can get some?

I heard Tang works well . It can clean out the inside of your dishwasher.

Edited by Wacka

I have read that it cures cramps too -

Ok, sometimes you may sneak a sip of juice from the pickle jar. But could that seemingly worthless liquid, which often gets tossed into the trash when the pickles are gone, be the key to athletic endurance and avoiding debilitating leg cramps? Some anecdotal evidence says “Yes”! But what does science say? Before you get yourself in a pickle, let’s find out...

link

Critic acid.

Pickle juice should do the same thing, as I believe it's acidic. A seasoning, a road treatment, a toilet cleanser...can probably use it as a floor polish, too.

The Romans used to make people save up their pi$$ so it could be used as a cleaning agent. It has a high ammonia content, after all.

The Romans used to make people save up their pi$$ so it could be used as a cleaning agent. It has a high ammonia content, after all.

Vital component in early gas masks, too. Instructions early in the war to the French soldiers were "In case of gas attack, piss on rag, put rag over mouth."

Of course, the French, being French, never minded the smell.