Pickle juice

DC Tom

Not only does it keep pickles fresh, not only is it retatta seasoning, pickle juice is now road treatment!

Isn't it basically a brine solution... I was reading an article a few years ago about studies showing that treating the roadways with a brine solution PRIOR to a storm saves a ton on road salt and works better... Better for the enviro in the end...

We had a light dusting of snow last night... My northern exposure driveway doesn't have anything on it compared to others... It must still have a light solution of KCl or CaCl2 on it (I don't use the harsher stuff after shoveling)?

Critic acid.

It also works to release (and clean) into solution the iron off the resin beads in a water softener. Yet, it doesn't work as well as say Super Iron Out (which contains about 1-5% citric acid).

It is safer around food and what supplies.

Super Iron Out also has (from the MSDS):

Ingredient(s) CAS # Percent

Sodium hydrosulfite 7775-14-6 30 - 60

Sodium carbonate 497-19-8 3 - 7

Sodium chloride 7647-14-5 15 - 40

Sodium metabisulfite 7681-57-4 15 - 40

Citric acid 77-92-9 1 - 5

Sodium bisulfite 7631-90-5 0.1 - 1

That's it. I'm submitting pickle juice to Mythbusters. Let the pros decide how much of a miracle this magic liquid truly is...plus I want to watch Jamie Hyneman make retatta.

And to think it all started here: http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/25951-oh-this-is-nicereal-nice/

Full circle pickle juice-> retatta -> pickle juice