flozell adams

birdog1960

he wasn't brought in for an interview. he had very few interviews when he first become available. i believe the steelers even waited quite a while to bring him in. and yes, if offered enough, i do think he would have come.

You do realize that this is just your opinion though right, nothing more? It's not actually factual information.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Steelers have been able to succeed regardless of who was playing on the O-line. Yesterday their rookie Pro Bowl center goes down, and despite a couple muffed snaps, one resulting in a 9-point swing, they still won. If Roethlisberger ever had a line like Brady's or Manning's, the Steelers would be unbeatable.

Funny thing how a group of mediocre to poor players gets rolled, but one mediocre/poor player is elevated with a strong supporting cast.

This just in: The Steelers are a good franchise, and the Bills are not.

Right. If we are going to lament those we let go, my vote goes for Dick LeBeau and not the likes of Jonathan Scott

You do realize that this is just your opinion though right, nothing more? It's not actually factual information.

from the dallas morning star: adams sat 3 months until pittsburgh's willie colon went down with a season ending injury" i'm betting if we made a decent offer in those 3 months, he would have taken it. you think that's unlikely?

Edited by birdog1960

If you watch many Steelers games, then you know their oline has been suspect all year, and is their weakest link. It will probably be their undoing in the Superbowl, especially if Pouncey is out. While I covet the Steelers success, I would not covet their oline. Ours is not much worse and may actually be better than theirs next season. I do question why we let Jonathan Scott walk and replaced him with Cornell Green. Why replace sub par with woefully terrible?

Edited by Camel's Toe

from the dallas morning star: adams sat 3 months until pittsburgh's willie colon went down with a season ending injury" i'm betting if we made a decent offer in those 3 months, he would have taken it. you think that's unlikely?

Unless you think that Adams would have been a missing piece to get us to the playoffs then why would you spend any money on an aging veteran? Buffalo did the right thing and brought in some young guys who I think will help this team in the future. Besides he would have never come to a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 11 years. He probably would have been happier to just retire if that was the case. I think you are just one of those fans that likes to find things to bicker about. "glass half empty"

Okay so now Jonathan Scott is a good tackle? I must have missed all the posts praising his play with the Bills. All I remember reading is how he was crap and needed to be replaced. Memories are such fragile things.

PTR

In a perfect world, he's a competent back up that shouldn't be starting.

But in the Bills world when Brad Butler announces his retirement in February, and you think that it's better to let Scott go, because you still have Jamon Meredith and Kirk Chambers on the roster, and then on the same day that Steelers sign Scott you think it's a wise move to give Cornell Green more money, then you are a bigger apologist for this administration than its own marketing department.

Pittsburgh could not pass yesterday, because the protection was bad. Roethlisberger's stats back that up. Luckily for them they didn't have to, because the running game was working, largely thanks to the interior of the line.

Remember, Pitt's offense only scored 17 points (7 were scored by the Defense on the fumble run back.)

Passing Stats:

C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT RATING

B. Roethlisberger 10/19 133 7.0 0 2 35.5

Pittsburgh also signed Sean Kugler, maybe you'd like him back as well?

If you watch many Steelers games, then you know their oline has been suspect all year, and is their weakest link. It will probably be their undoing in the Superbowl, especially if Pouncey is out. While I covet the Steelers success, I would not covet their oline. Ours is not much worse and may actually be better than theirs next season. I do question why we let Jonathan Scott walk and replaced him with Cornell Green. Why replace sub par with woefully terrible?

pitts was 3rd in rushing, 9th in total offense and rothlisberger didn't play the beginning of the season. yeah, i'm sure it's overly pessimistic to make such comparisons. their line sucked.

pitts was 3rd in rushing, 9th in total offense and rothlisberger didn't play the beginning of the season. yeah, i'm sure it's overly pessimistic to make such comparisons. their line sucked.

Their run game wasn't helped much by Creaky Knees Adams. Their interior line is probably the best in the league.

The offensive line might be the only unit we measure up with Pitt on this year. The only reason those players were on the field is because they had a ton of injuries. If not for ben that offense would have been in the bottom 10, because of them. What you saw yesterday was not why we need flozell, or Scott.... It's why we need a Ben type qb.

But in the Bills world when Brad Butler announces his retirement in February, and you think that it's better to let Scott go, because you still have Jamon Meredith and Kirk Chambers on the roster, and then on the same day that Steelers sign Scott you think it's a wise move to give Cornell Green more money, then you are a bigger apologist for this administration than its own marketing department.

This is Baghdad Bob we're talking about here...

To put your point another way, the Bills were in no position last offseason to be jettisoning even backup-capable offensive linemen, yet they freely let two walk (Scott and Incognito).

he wasn't brought in for an interview. he had very few interviews when he first become available. i believe the steelers even waited quite a while to bring him in. and yes, if offered enough, i do think he would have come.

25th in total offense. 29th in scoring. doesn't take much to please some folks i guess.

Did you watch the games? Our offense was clearly not the problem this year. Statistics aside, if you watched the games you should know that it was the defense that was the issue with this team. If you don't understand that, then there is no need for further discussion, because you just don't get it.

Did you watch the games? Our offense was clearly not the problem this year. Statistics aside, if you watched the games you should know that it was the defense that was the issue with this team. If you don't understand that, then there is no need for further discussion, because you just don't get it.

just as adams wouldn't have made a 4-12 team into a 12-4, swapping pitt's entire defense for ours would not have produced a sb winning bills team. the offense wasn't playoff caliber much less sb caliber and the o line was a big part of the problem. it's not always either/or..it's sometimes both or neither.

but why not try putting the best team that can be assembled on the field one year (on both offense and defense)? it seems you all feel undeserving of that as bills fans.

The point was to go into the season with a credible offensive line. There was an obvious weakness at the tackle position which was not met with draftees, with existing staff or with the bizarre signing of Cornell Green and there were a number of options available to address the need.

To build a playoff team you need to

1. keep your quality players...we generally have not done that...Incognito and Jabari Greer and Marshawn Lynch are recent examples.

2> Bring in quality veterans by free agency or trade...see braylin edwards, flozell adams etc...

3. Be effective in the draft.

4. Act like winning is important.

Except for Pouncey (and even then, I'd say it's a close call of Pouncey v. Wood), I'd rather have every one of our starting o-linemen over what the Steelers' have.

Their o-line is atrocious. Even their best run-blocker--Kemowatu--gets man-handled way too often (e.g., Kyle Williams abused the guy).

Jonathon Scott is horrendous. It's why the Steelers only run right (except on cut-back runs, when the defenders beat Scott so easily that they leave the backside open).

Except for Pouncey (and even then, I'd say it's a close call of Pouncey v. Wood), I'd rather have every one of our starting o-linemen over what the Steelers' have.

Their o-line is atrocious. Even their best run-blocker--Kemowatu--gets man-handled way too often (e.g., Kyle Williams abused the guy).

Jonathon Scott is horrendous. It's why the Steelers only run right (except on cut-back runs, when the defenders beat Scott so easily that they leave the backside open).

well caveman says their interior line is one of the best in the league and you're saying one of the worst. somebody's wrong.

pittsburg's near the top of the league in rushing and in the superbowl. buffalo finished 4 and 12 and scored more points than 3 teams in the nfl last year. i'm thinking most objective non bill fans would take the position that these facts alone support the conclusion that pittsburg's line is superior to buffalo's.

No one is apologizing for anyone. If anything I'm pointing out how clueless some posters are in the way they judge players. No one ever said Scott was anything more than a journeyman off the scrap heap. No one shed a tear when he was cut loose. No one wished we still had Scott when Kyle Williams was abusing him last game. But now that he's going to the Super Bowl our front office let a stud slip through out fingers?? Way to be consistent! :lol:

PTR

well caveman says their interior line is one of the best in the league and you're saying one of the worst. somebody's wrong.

pittsburg's near the top of the league in rushing and in the superbowl. buffalo finished 4 and 12 and scored more points than 3 teams in the nfl last year. i'm thinking most objective non bill fans would take the position that these facts alone support the conclusion that pittsburg's line is superior to buffalo's.

I go on what I see, and living in Pittsburgh, I've seen parts or all of just about every Steelers' game over the last five years. Their o-line isn't good; tackles are bad; interior is a little better, but it's not great. It's easier to run block than pass block for a lot of these guys, which explains why some of their interior guys fare okay.

You've got to remember that they're on two back-up tackles that nobody wanted, and rotate a host of interior guys in and out due to injury.