Prepare yourself, the Jets will win it all

1billsfan

I think the Jets will beat the Steelers because...

they're better than the Steelers.

they're on a serious roll.

their team looks to have much more emotion in these games, the Steelers's coach seems much more emotional than the actual players.

they beat Peyton, beat Brady and they're still are getting disrespected with being 4 pt underdogs...can you say motivation?

after Rex's bold "soon to be champs" prediction, hard knocks, all of the drama during the season...it's starting to have that destiny feel to it.

I think they'll beat the Packers (who'll beat the Bears) in the Superbowl because...

they're better that the Packers.

after beating the Colts Pats and Steelers on the road, they'll still not be getting respect.

they'll again be underdogs providing 2 full weeks of huge motivation for an emotional team in the biggest game ever.

I'm just trying to prepare y'all.

Edited by 1billsfan

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No they won't. Sanchez is going to feel the heat against the Steelers and Packers (if they even beat the Steelers) and throw some INT's. The Steelers should win the AFC Championship, and the superbowl will be a great game between two great defenses. And I've had enough of this "we are the underdog, no one believes in us/we are the best team in the world" schizoid garbage from Rex Ryan. You made it to the AFC Championship game last year and added good players, who dosen't think you're a good team? The JETS are quickly moving ahead of the Pats as my least fav NFL team.

Edited by RyanC883

No they won't. Sanchez is going to feel the heat against the Steelers and Packers (if they even beat the Steelers) and throw some INT's. The Steelers should win the AFC Championship, and the superbowl will be a great game between two great defenses. And I've had enough of this "we are the underdog, no one believes in us/we are the best team in the world" schizoid garbage from Rex Ryan. You made it to the AFC Championship game last year and added good players, who dosen't think you're a good team? The JETS are quickly moving ahead of the Pats as my least fav NFL team.

Back in the 80s and 90s, being a favorite was much more real than it is today in the parity world of the NFL. You watch, after the Jets beat the Steelers (which is going to happen), the NFL media world will anoint the Packers as the "dominate" team, when reality is that the Jets are just as good if not better than them. Put in 2 weeks of the media overrating the Packers and I see the Jets and Ryan riding that "us against them" theme to a win in Dallas. Did you see Manning's face last year before the Superbowl? Two weeks of people telling you "you're the bomb" and that you should be the favorite drains even the biggest of players after two weeks of Superbowl hype.

their team looks to have much more emotion in these games, the Steelers's coach seems much more emotional than the actual players.

they beat Peyton, beat Brady and they're still are getting disrespected with being 4 pt underdogs...can you say motivation?

after Rex's bold "soon to be champs" prediction, hard knocks, all of the drama during the season...it's starting to have that destiny feel to it.

I think they'll beat the Packers (who'll beat the Bears) in the Superbowl because...

after beating the Colts Pats and Steelers on the road, they'll still not be getting respect.

they'll again be underdogs providing 2 full weeks of huge motivation for an emotional team in the biggest game ever.

I hate to say this, but I think they're going all the way too.

If we had hired Rex instead of keeping Juron he could have been ours and us now the Jets.

We should have hired Bill Belichek before that...Jimmy Johnson...Bill Walsh...Madden,Knoll, Landry, Lombardi...Halas...imagine all those rings we would have by now! :rolleyes:

The Jets lose this weekend when Dirty Sanchez throws atleast two picks, Santonio Holmes gets knocked out of the game by James Harrison on a fine inducing helmet shot, and the LT/Shonn Greene combo gets hit in the mouth all day by the Steelers front 7.

The big weakness I see in this game is the Steelers O-line. We shredded them and so did they Ravens although both lost the Jets are better. Plus we almost beat the Steelers and the Jets destroyed us twice so I'm giving the Jets the edge.

The Jets lose this weekend when Dirty Sanchez throws atleast two picks, Santonio Holmes gets knocked out of the game by James Harrison on a fine inducing helmet shot, and the LT/Shonn Greene combo gets hit in the mouth all day by the Steelers front 7.

Why is Sanchez dirty?

I don't know if "they're on a serious roll" is a reason to believe they'll win.

Now, if they were on a kimmelweck...

C'mon man, beating Peyton and Brady in their house in the playoffs in consecutive weeks is a serious roll. The Steelers were very lucky that the Ravens coughed up that game in the second half.

I do believe in that "playoff roll" stuff.

You are dreaming. Monday will be a great day. Two things I am looking forward to. Mike Greenberg's pouty look on ESPN doing his radio show after his team got spanked, and the conspicuous absence on this board of Jimmy Spags, who should come here and take his licks if he wants to come and dish them out. But he won't, because behind the fake avatar he's as much of a NYC pretty boy wimp as Greenberg.

They say the Jets will lose.

They say the Steelers will beat the Bears in the Super Bowl.

i don't know, i wonder if they peaked last week. they were not a great team for most of the year. they didn't dominate across the board, week-in, week-out. going into the pats game, i thought they had an edge in that:

1. The pats rolled 'em like b*tches last meeting;

2. Ryan seems most successful motivating from the point of being the underdog;

3. I think they truly felt a legitimate team-beef with the pats;

4. The pats were rolling, and the jets certainly have the capacity to play lights out defense;

5. Ryan is innovative in his approach to defense and really had his back to the wall.

All that said, the way the game played out, the general feeling is that the jets indeed played lights out for much of the game. However, in the last few minutes, there was still a chance for new England to rally to tie. Credit the jets with closing.

On the other side of the coin, the defense Ryan cooked up for that game has to be different than the one v. the Steelers. Where Brady is a killer in a comfortable pocket, his desire and willingness to scramble is limited. Rothlisberger on the other hand can hurt you with his feet. At the same time---I believe if Sanchez gets off to a start where he's tossing the ball as high as he did in NE, trouble may quickly follow. he got a few breaks early with errant passes, and i think the steelers defense might well capitalize as they surely be game planning to his weaknesses.

should be a good game.

C'mon man, beating Peyton and Brady in their house in the playoffs in consecutive weeks is a serious roll. The Steelers were very lucky that the Ravens coughed up that game in the second half.

I do believe in that "playoff roll" stuff.

What people tend to forget is...the Steelers GAVE the Ravens 14 pts in the 1st half as well...amazing how fast fans forget that.