AJ Green is available when the Bills Pick....

It's obvious to me after watching the Jets handle them, that the Patriots need a major talent upgrade at WR. If AJ Green is there at #3 and the PATS offer you #17 and #32 would you make the deal?

and 33 would make the deal.

For the Pats* to move up to grab Green, they will have to give up a lot by value chart. I would not cut them a deal. Now let me ask you something in reverse - if the Pats* offered their first or second for Evans, would you trade him ?

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trading up ain't exactly the Pats style. The last time they traded up that I can remember was for Chad Jackson in the 2nd rd and that didn't exactly work out for them so well. They're typically content to stay put and stick to their draft board. I don't see that changing.

Thats a good point, but living her in NE, the pats seem different. I could be way off base here, but I think the Brady window is starting to closing. I thinks he is playing as good as ever, but you would have to think he's only got 3 to 4 years left. I think that Brady and Bill would like to win 5 superbowls. I don't think that any 1 coach or QB has ever won 5. Today on talk radio in Boston, the media felt that they were in desperate need of a big, quick, physical receiver. Not like Moss, but some one physical. So I don't know, but maybe he goes for it now, and doesn't worry about the future. I know nothing about Green, and I'm sure they can have there choice of any FA receivers, but hey you never know, if I were the Bills, I make that call, but I need #17, #28, #33 for #3.

One more point to note, being here in Atlanta and also going to a handful of UGA games, Ive watched a lot of AJ Green and the kid is the real deal. HOWEVER, there is another WR coming out of the SEC from the next state over, by the name of Julio Jones. If NE was looking for a big WR to replace Moss, instead of giving up a bunch of picks, Id bet they are more likely to wait and see when Green goes and then make a play for Jones. It's very likely that Jones slides to them at #17. IMO, the 2 are interchangeable.

Right now, I would trade down in a heartbeat. Nobody at 3 I want, assuming fairley is gone. Seems to me it is a starless draft, unless you consider wide receivers stars. Problem is, all the other teams know this and no-one would trade up and give you much.

We're pretty well stuck with overpaying for some guy who in normal years would be a late first-rounder.

Getting somebody to trade up to #3 is a pipedream.

It's obvious to me after watching the Jets handle them, that the Patriots need a major talent upgrade at WR. If AJ Green is there at #3 and the PATS offer you #17 and #32 would you make the deal?

I would have no problem trading the pick to NE even if it is a division rival. We need a lot of help, and if we can pick up a bunch of picks then thats good for this team and thats all I care about.

That being said, we need more compensation than this...at least a 2nd and some change in addition this year and maybe a pick next year.

And now that being said...absolutely no way at all NE ever does this...not because they are worried about us being a division rival, but because NE doesnt trade up...they dont give up picks, they acquire picks and its that philosphy thats won them multiple SB's and keeps them among the best teams in football for a decade now. It goes against their whole philosophy to give so much up for one player, so I find it hard to imagine they would ever consider doing this.

I would have no problem trading the pick to NE even if it is a division rival. We need a lot of help, and if we can pick up a bunch of picks then thats good for this team and thats all I care about.

That being said, we need more compensation than this...at least a 2nd and some change in addition this year and maybe a pick next year.

And now that being said...absolutely no way at all NE ever does this...not because they are worried about us being a division rival, but because NE doesnt trade up...they dont give up picks, they acquire picks and its that philosphy thats won them multiple SB's and keeps them among the best teams in football for a decade now. It goes against their whole philosophy to give so much up for one player, so I find it hard to imagine they would ever consider doing this.

It might be time for NE to reexamine their philosophy...Lost 3 straight playoff games and haven't won a SB since 2004.

Slight? 6'4" 212 lbs. Also, everyone has a "tough go" against Revis.

Re: Revis vrs. Green. Rock breaks siccors that is why you don't draft Green to beat the Revis equipped Jets. Also let's check Green's weight at the combine, if he does weigh 212 he must have lead in his thigh pads. He looks like a twig.

People have blasted me for saying this and that's fine, but I have a VERY strong feeling that Dallas is going to want our #3 to draft Mallett. It may sound crazy, but I really expect this to happen. Jones is an Arkansas alum and Mallett would add a ton of excitement to that boring team. Also, Romo sucks imo.

Dallas picks 9th. Without looking at the chart, I want their 1st, 2nd, and another 2nd in 2012 to even consider the deal.

That's more than fair in looking at the value chart and I'd welcome it too. That said I can't see Jones making that trade. As the Arkansas link makes sense but I can't him looking to part ways with Romo specifically because the big contract he gave him a few years locks him in with Dallas until 2013.

That's more than fair in looking at the value chart and I'd welcome it too. That said I can't see Jones making that trade. As the Arkansas link makes sense but I can't him looking to part ways with Romo specifically because the big contract he gave him a few years locks him in with Dallas until 2013.

Only problem - can't trade players or 2012 picks until after the CBA is signed. NE and the people picking in the top 6 or so are the only ones that can trade up without trading EVERY pick in this draft to match value. Even with that Dallas is about as deep as we can go.

not that you would EVER see this happen... but theoretically im ALLLLL OVER this deal!!!!!!!!!!! we have to many plugs on our team to fill. im not willing to pass on an opportunity to make our team alot better, because i want to c*** block NE. i understand they are in the division but we need to ourselves better, over the next few years even, and outplay them to win.

This is a terrible deal CornerBlitz! The point value of the #3 pick is 2200 the #17 pick is 950 & the #32 is 590. You don't give up points to gain a draft pick. In fact the only way you make a trade is if you GAIN points. If you work in the Bills front office please quit. Class dismissed children!

Id rather take Casey Mathews at 3. Seriously.

But if the goal is to beat Revis (horribly over rated I will add) why not draft a TE? Id like to see Revis gaurd 6'6'' 250lbs. That TE could also beat the LBs/S/whoever.

So I guess Ill take that Rudolf at 3. Id rather have him over green. Seriously.

Edited by Thoner7

This is a terrible deal CornerBlitz! The point value of the #3 pick is 2200 the #17 pick is 950 & the #32 is 590. You don't give up points to gain a draft pick. In fact the only way you make a trade is if you GAIN points. If you work in the Bills front office please quit. Class dismissed children!

Okay!!! You read the draft pick points chart!!! Yipee for you!!! Now off to bed sonny boy....sweet dreams.

If Green is clearly the best player available at #3, I'd have no problems with the Bills trading down. Even if Green turns out to be a 10 year Pro Bowler, at some point the Bills have to address the putrid Front 7. Draft looks pretty heavy on defensive linemen. 2 front 7 guys, an OT, and a QB of the future with #17, #28, #33, and #34 sounds good to me.

Ok why even ask this question? Why is this up for debate? Why would you help the Patriots who are a 10x better team become 20x better, knowing you have to face them 2x a year FOREVER? If we couldn't beat them the last DECADE why help them the next DECADE? I mean really this is such a crazy question I can't stop laughing... Were you serious? You couldn't have been you must be one them comedian guys huh huh? :wallbash::doh: HAHAHAHA This guy...

Edited by ReturnoftheBuffaloBeast23

I dont want to blow my chance at getting a blue chip player......we havent drafted this low in a while.

I would trade down but no lower then 5=7.....I really want Darius out of this draft

This is my thinking too. I'd rather get some monster hoss impact player than 3 or 4 pretty good guys. We got a whole team of those now. What we lack is impact players. We got a chance to get one. Now let's go get the best the 2011 draft has to order and let NE build their own team. They don't need our help.