Wilfork questions Belichick decision to bench Welker

Rayzer32

One of the most classless and dirtiest players in the league questioned Belichicks decision to bench Welker for the Pats first offensive series of the game, saying...."I wouldn't have done it". Did it really make a difference in the outcome? Not at all. We all know BB doesn't like to be questioned.

Deion Branch hammered some of the Jets players for celebrating their victory at the end of the game, saying he only shakes hands with classy players, not classless players. Also saying you can tell which players have never been in that position before because they didn't know how to act. I find this extremely ironic seeing how Branch was the only player on the Pats team yesterday that continuously got up after a reception and went towards the Jets sidelines jawing at them. He was doing this while his team still needed two scores and needed nothing short of a miracle to have a chance to win. Deion Branch is a douchebag and is probably just pissed because the team he started the season with actually won a playoff game this year. Funny how you never heard a peep out of this a-hole the whole time he played in Seattle. Grow up Deion.

This all points to me that the Pats aren't the classy team that many think they are. They are all cocky bastards and when they pretended to be classy by shutting up the Jets with a win doing the talking it all failed. I strongly feel the Pats talk possibly the most s$&t in the league, they just do it very intelligently and keep thier mouths shut at the right times. They are classless dirty players. I hope they all bomb the rest of thier careers.

One of the most classless and dirtiest players in the league questioned Belichicks decision to bench Welker for the Pats first offensive series of the game, saying...."I wouldn't have done it". Did it really make a difference in the outcome? Not at all. We all know BB doesn't like to be questioned.

Deion Branch hammered some of the Jets players for celebrating their victory at the end of the game, saying he only shakes hands with classy players, not classless players. Also saying you can tell which players have never been in that position before because they didn't know how to act. I find this extremely ironic seeing how Branch was the only player on the Pats team yesterday that continuously got up after a reception and went towards the Jets sidelines jawing at them. He was doing this while his team still needed two scores and needed nothing short of a miracle to have a chance to win. Deion Branch is a douchebag and is probably just pissed because the team he started the season with actually won a playoff game this year. Funny how you never heard a peep out of this a-hole the whole time he played in Seattle. Grow up Deion.

Branch is a jackass, not only was he classless yelling at the Jets' head coach during the game, the Pats mocked the Jets' airplane celebration after that 45-3 win.

i don't know what planet some of you are on. the jets are easily the cockiest, most classless bunch of ratards i've ever seen. sure, the pats are brutal too, but at least they've won something. NOTHING is worse than irrational cockiness from a bunch of loudmouth idiots who haven't even got to the superbowl.

Edited by deep2evans

i don't know what planet some of you are on. the jets are easily the cockiest, most classless bunch of ratards i've ever seen. sure, the pats are brutal too, but at least they've won something. NOTHING is worse than irrational cockiness from a bunch of loudmouth idiots who haven't even got to the superbowl.

It's called being a hypocrite.

BTW, it's been 6 years since the pats have won it all. Exactly how many players are left from that team? Not many, I'm sure. Yet they still walk around thinking it's 2004 and their you-know-what doesn't stink.

This all points to me that the Pats aren't the classy team that many think they are. They are all cocky bastards and when they pretended to be classy by shutting up the Jets with a win doing the talking it all failed. I strongly feel the Pats talk possibly the most s$&t in the league, they just do it very intelligently and keep thier mouths shut at the right times. They are classless dirty players. I hope they all bomb the rest of thier careers.

I don't think that generally there is any feeling among most that the Pats are a classy team. A winner and a very good playing team yes, but classy nope.

I think folks look at the videotaping scandal where Belicheat got an unprecedented fine levied (my guess is that Kraft paid it and it was chalked up as a cost of doing business) and BBs history where he announced his decision to HC the Jets and then reneged on his word and jumped ship that he is far more classless than classy,

He clearly is one of the best game HC going, and one has to give the Pats players props for turning BB completely messing up negotiations with Lawyer Milloy over a few meaningless bucks into a TEAM building rallying point.

However, classy is not a descriptor I think most folks outside of Boston and the TV network board rooms would apply to the Pats.

why was welker benched in the first place??? and why would you bench one of your best players in a playoff game :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Per Fanhouse, "Welker, New England's leading receiver during the regular season and normally one of the most quiet and unassuming players on the team, decided to make an attempt at humor at the expense of Ryan by making no less than 11 foot references during his media availability last Thursday. He was basically taking a shot at the outspoken Ryan and his alleged foot fetish, . . ."

Deion Branch hammered some of the Jets players for celebrating their victory at the end of the game, saying he only shakes hands with classy players, not classless players. Also saying you can tell which players have never been in that position before because they didn't know how to act. I find this extremely ironic seeing how Branch was the only player on the Pats team yesterday that continuously got up after a reception and went towards the Jets sidelines jawing at them. He was doing this while his team still needed two scores and needed nothing short of a miracle to have a chance to win.

They didn't need a miracle at that point. They just needed Branch to not drop the 4th and 13 ball at the Jets 20. That game was still very much in doubt if he makes that catch. Highlight of the day.

They didn't need a miracle at that point. They just needed Branch to not drop the 4th and 13 ball at the Jets 20. That game was still very much in doubt if he makes that catch. Highlight of the day.

Didn't Branch go back to NE* after being in Seattle? He's probably just upset because his previous team actually won their first playoff game.

This all points to me that the Pats aren't the classy team that many think they are. They are all cocky bastards and when they pretended to be classy by shutting up the Jets with a win doing the talking it all failed. I strongly feel the Pats talk possibly the most s{:content:}amp;t in the league, they just do it very intelligently and keep thier mouths shut at the right times. They are classless dirty players. I hope they all bomb the rest of thier careers.

No one around here has thought of the Patriots as a classy team.

why was welker benched in the first place??? and why would you bench one of your best players in a playoff game :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

I thought it was big-time arrogant of Billy. "We're so good I think we can bench our most productive WR and still beat you. Yo Mama.".

I know Belicheck wants to make the point that "keep your mouth shut" means "keep your mouth shut".

Methinks he could have found an effective, less potentially deflating/divisive way of making his point - a team fine, or make Welker stay after the game and write 50 times "I will not make jokes about feet" on the team whiteboard, or something.

I thought it was big-time arrogant of Billy. "We're so good I think we can bench our most productive WR and still beat you. Yo Mama.".

I know Belicheck wants to make the point that "keep your mouth shut" means "keep your mouth shut".

Methinks he could have found an effective, less potentially deflating/divisive way of making his point - a team fine, or make Welker stay after the game and write 50 times "I will not make jokes about feet" on the team whiteboard, or something.

Or, you could look at the benching of Belichek as taking a stand...nobody is bigger than the coach, and nobody defies his order not to speak out, amidst all the hulabaloo going into this game.

What I thought was the real moment of arrogance from the Pats was that stupid fake punt.

It's called being a hypocrite.

BTW, it's been 6 years since the pats have won it all. Exactly how many players are left from that team? Not many, I'm sure. Yet they still walk around thinking it's 2004 and their you-know-what doesn't stink.

They were (14-2) and Brady put together one of the best individual seasons in the history of the game. Their you-know-what smells a hell of a lot better than most teams' you-know-what in the NFL. They just picked a bad time to have a bad game.

They were (14-2) and Brady put together one of the best individual seasons in the history of the game. Their you-know-what smells a hell of a lot better than most teams' you-know-what in the NFL. They just picked a bad time to have a bad game.

Pats : Jets = Tyson : Douglas.

Not a bad day, the Pats just aren't a team thats built for the rough and tumble playoffs. They've lost their last three straight playoffs games.

Another very good, yet overrated Pats team with a bully complex that eventually crumbled when they faced someone who can punch Brady in the nose….

Giants, Ravens, Jets

I don't think that generally there is any feeling among most that the Pats are a classy team. A winner and a very good playing team yes, but classy nope.

I think folks look at the videotaping scandal where Belicheat got an unprecedented fine levied (my guess is that Kraft paid it and it was chalked up as a cost of doing business) and BBs history where he announced his decision to HC the Jets and then reneged on his word and jumped ship that he is far more classless than classy,

He clearly is one of the best game HC going, and one has to give the Pats players props for turning BB completely messing up negotiations with Lawyer Milloy over a few meaningless bucks into a TEAM building rallying point.

However, classy is not a descriptor I think most folks outside of Boston and the TV network board rooms would apply to the Pats.

Let's also not forget that BB was named in a Giants secretary's divorce suit by her husband as the person his wife was cheating with (while BB was married as well). Character, through and through. He and Rick Pitino ought to start a dating advice website for picking up married women in the workplace. What a couple of grade-A you know whats. Bad enough it's somebody else's wife--even worse when it's someone you're in a position of power over (especially Pitino, as it was apparently one of his assistant's wives).

Welker himself is also a real beaut--anyone else remember the "You F-ing suck!" catch caught on Youtube! last year? Talk about an arsehat. I personally can understand Bart Scott's anger last week and last night. Apparently as per PFT Ryan spoke to his team about his "special interest" videos when the story surfaced last month and said he was embarrassed and humiliated by what had happened and felt bad that it was becoming a distraction to the team. So after opening up to his players on his only human foible (see above--at least he wasn't cheating on his wife or worse yet, doing what BB and RP did and going for the twofer), I can see why they feel strongly about him. What goes around comes around, Wes--how did that boot up your arse feel?

Wilfork is right. I thought it was a mistake the moment I heard it. They take their 2nd most important player on offense out for the first possession ... if that contrbiuted to the pick, could have altered the entire game. Welker must also be embaressed and kind of po'd at the coaches ... not the frame of mind you want. Lastly, the whole team loses the trash talk battle which they thought they had won, losing a psychological edge over the Jets.

D.U.M.B.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Or, you could look at the benching of Belichek as taking a stand...nobody is bigger than the coach, and nobody defies his order not to speak out, amidst all the hulabaloo going into this game.

What I thought was the real moment of arrogance from the Pats was that stupid fake punt.

I saw on an interview that the fake punt was called on the field by the player who then fumbled the snap and couldn't convert. They (Pats*) have that installed that if a certain Return look is shown by the opposition, he can change the call to a run. BB didn't dispute this in his post game presser, just acknowledged that it's the playoffs and you do what you have to, to win.