Wilfork questions Belichick decision to bench Welker

Rayzer32

One of the most classless and dirtiest players in the league questioned Belichicks decision to bench Welker for the Pats first offensive series of the game, saying...."I wouldn't have done it". Did it really make a difference in the outcome? Not at all. We all know BB doesn't like to be questioned.

Deion Branch hammered some of the Jets players for celebrating their victory at the end of the game, saying he only shakes hands with classy players, not classless players. Also saying you can tell which players have never been in that position before because they didn't know how to act. I find this extremely ironic seeing how Branch was the only player on the Pats team yesterday that continuously got up after a reception and went towards the Jets sidelines jawing at them. He was doing this while his team still needed two scores and needed nothing short of a miracle to have a chance to win. Deion Branch is a douchebag and is probably just pissed because the team he started the season with actually won a playoff game this year. Funny how you never heard a peep out of this a-hole the whole time he played in Seattle. Grow up Deion.

I remember how the Pats* acted when upset the Rams in the Super Bowl. Cocky and classless ... oh yeah, thats right, he had never been there before. :doh:

Holding Marshall Faulk was declared a legal play that day, and taping the Rams practice was later deemed ok by the NFL, I guess the Pats really are champs. NOT.

I will always be happy that the Jets kicked the shi! out of the Pats*, right there in there home stadium.

Or, you could look at the benching of Belichek as taking a stand...nobody is bigger than the coach, and nobody defies his order not to speak out, amidst all the hulabaloo going into this game.

What I thought was the real moment of arrogance from the Pats was that stupid fake punt.

I don't think this is too far off, but mostly a PR ploy. Do we really think that Belichick wasn't laughing at what Welker said? By sitting Welker at the start, he's telling the world (i.e., everyone inside AND outside of the organization) that he's the boss.

Deep down, however, I think he would have loved everything that Welker said.

I remember how the Pats* acted when upset the Rams in the Super Bowl. Cocky and classless ... oh yeah, thats right, he had never been there before. :doh:

Holding Marshall Faulk was declared a legal play that day, and taping the Rams practice was later deemed ok by the NFL, I guess the Pats really are champs. NOT.

I will always be happy that the Jets kicked the shi! out of the Pats*, right there in there home stadium.

I hate the Jets, but I did enjoy that.

I don't think NE believed they could actually lose to the Jets on their home field.

Surprise!

I don't think this is too far off, but mostly a PR ploy. Do we really think that Belichick wasn't laughing at what Welker said? By sitting Welker at the start, he's telling the world (i.e., everyone inside AND outside of the organization) that he's the boss.

Deep down, however, I think he would have loved everything that Welker said.

No doubt...but if he wanted it said, BB would have said it himself. He forbid his players from saying anything inappropriate (ie: anything to fan the flames) for a reason...say it amongst yourselves, but keep it there...

They were (14-2) and Brady put together one of the best individual seasons in the history of the game. Their you-know-what smells a hell of a lot better than most teams' you-know-what in the NFL. They just picked a bad time to have a bad game.

Or rather they were exposed as the second rate defense they are. Brady was again exposed as the closet Dan Marino he is. Both guys react like pussies when they get hit or the D shuts down their little pass route favorites. They they both scream at their line and receivers...anybody but themselves is the problem. I loved little tommy getting roughed up and looking like Trent in the pocket. Just like Marino used to do when he got pummeled. They are great during the season and exposed by physical teams and they haven't been in the big dance in six years. And before you say it....yes they are many times better then the Bills and have been. Still they are not the annointed team they make out to be. You can push them around and I can't wait until the Bills beat them.

Act like you have been there before. Still if you lose on your home turf you have to let the other team celebrate if they want because they earned it beating you on your home soil in the playoffs. If you want to do something about it you should have beaten them.

Disrespectful by the Jets but you can't whine about it if you lost. Both sides in the wrong.

Their luck of forcing loads of turnovers (24 in the past 8 games) and not turning the ball over themselves was bound to run out. And it did, at the worst possible time for them. I have several co-workers who said that losing was bad enough, but losing to the Jets was unbearable.

After Spygate, the more time that passes from their last SB win...

Wilfork needs to STFU and do his own job better rather than trying to second guess anyone else.

It was a stupid decision he's right.

Players must have been thinking "we're trying to win our most important game of the year so far, and they're taking our best receiver off the field? WTF!!!"

I think that move took a little air out of Pats sails before the opening the kick.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

This all points to me that the Pats aren't the classy team that many think they are. They are all cocky bastards and when they pretended to be classy by shutting up the Jets with a win doing the talking it all failed. I strongly feel the Pats talk possibly the most s$&t in the league, they just do it very intelligently and keep thier mouths shut at the right times. They are classless dirty players. I hope they all bomb the rest of thier careers.

the best part for me was how many n.e. fans had left the building there in the fourth