The NFL needs to tear down the current draft system and replace it...

SDS

be rewarded with those valuable lower drafts picks? Why should the worst teams be forced to settle with high draft picks and unlimited choice?

It is so back-asswards.

The NFL needs to see the light and start saddling the best teams with the highest draft picks. Let the bad teams gorge themselves on those juicy late round picks. In fact, I would like to see a lottery system where the worst teams draw balls to see who picks at the bottom of the 2nd round.

Thoughts?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they should draft from round 7 to round 1.

Speaking of the 7th round...

Apparently there is an NFL by-law that prevents a team from having more than 10% of all the 7th round selections. This is to prevent the league from slipping back into "dynasty mode" as savvy teams would naturally pursue the tried and true strategy of accumulating the most late round picks to select the most marginal players.

I propose a draft based on the game show Supermarket Sweep. GMs race each other with shopping carts and get to keep every player they can carry to checkout.

PTR

As long as it isn't the owners. Buddy's up there in years, but he has a nasty streak. I could see him taking out several younger GMs through dirty tricks.

Just what we need. Have the Patriots win the Super Bowl, only to be punished with the top pick in the draft so they can take a guys like Suh.

He's already been taken.

As long as it isn't the owners. Buddy's up there in years, but he has a nasty streak. I could see him taking out several younger GMs through dirty tricks.

He's already been taken.

I know he's already been taken. I'm saying guys like Suh, not necessarily Suh himself...oi vey

I know he's already been taken. I'm saying guys like Suh, not necessarily Suh himself...oi vey

I didn't realize that he was so attractive to that demographic. I guess you learn something new everyday...

be rewarded with those valuable lower drafts picks? Why should the worst teams be forced to settle with high draft picks and unlimited choice?

It is so back-asswards.

The NFL needs to see the light and start saddling the best teams with the highest draft picks. Let the bad teams gorge themselves on those juicy late round picks. In fact, I would like to see a lottery system where the worst teams draw balls to see who picks at the bottom of the 2nd round.

Thoughts?

I hope you are joking? If not it is time to resign from the administration. Hell no to a lottery and the draft is just fine the way it is. The only changes I propose is that the Bills get 2 first round draft choices to make up for the last decade.

I propose a draft based on the game show Supermarket Sweep. GMs race each other with shopping carts and get to keep every player they can carry to checkout.

PTR

It's an interesting idea, conceptually - but I can somehow see *Belicheat, in yet another underhanded attempt to gain competitive advantage, sneaking into to the supermarket the night before the draft, sabotaging the wheels of opposing GMs' shopping carts, and super-gluing key players to the shelves to slow the pace of his rivals - all the while laughing to himself as he takes his time, leisurely filling his own cart with plum picks.

And - after the inevitable discovery, outcry of foul play, and subsequent investigation - BB* will smugly state that he's unaware of any rule prohibiting souped-up shopping carts, or secretly changing UPC bar codes on key prospects. Roger Goodell will claim the the league investigated thoroughly and, having found no evidence of wrongdoing, destroyed the all defective carts.

The thought of Buddy lacing-up his Nikes and sharpening-up his elbows is intriguing - he could probably take out Polian - but no doubt our inept, meddling, and increasingly non-ambulatory old owner would still insist on hopping in his Taurus, driving himself to the market, and doing his own shopping! B-)

Edited by The Senator

I think the draft should work like the eliminator contest. Once you draft a kid your eliminated form drafting anyone else from that school for 5 years. Your also eliminated from picking that conference the rest of the draft. Just think of the undrafted free agent possibilities then! Only 32 kids from the SEC would get picked.

It is so back-asswards.

Thoughts?

That's good stuff you got. Share?

I think the current draft system should be replaced by a rope race. Each coach and GM hold 1 end of a 18" piece of rope and line up at the 50 yard line.

All the draft prospects line up in the end zone. When the ref blows his whistle, the coaches/GMs start for the end zone. First there, pick first.

It's an interesting idea, conceptually - but I can somehow see *Belicheat, in yet another underhanded attempt to gain competitive advantage, sneaking into to the supermarket the night before the draft, sabotaging the wheels of opposing GMs' shopping carts, and super-gluing key players to the shelves to slow the pace of his rivals - all the while laughing to himself as he takes his time, leisurely filling his own cart with plum picks.

And - after the inevitable discovery, outcry of foul play, and subsequent investigation - BB* will smugly state that he's unaware of any rule prohibiting souped-up shopping carts, or secretly changing UPC bar codes on key prospects. Roger Goodell will claim the the league investigated thoroughly and, having found no evidence of wrongdoing, destroyed the all defective carts.

Don't forget his illegal use of double- and triple-coupons at checkout!

PTR

When it comes to the Bills, I would rather see

. The Bills braintrust makes their selection then Monty Hall comes along and offers Bills fans the choice of keeping the selection or taking what's behind door #2.

It's very possible that we could be preparing to watch the Bills vs. Steelers today if ole Monty could have offered us...

- A #22 overall in '04 and a #20 overall in '05 for J.P. Losman OR... "what's behind door #2".

- A #42 and #73 for McCargo in '06 OR... "what's behind door #2".

- Donte Whitner OR Haloti Ngata.

- Lynch, Posluszny, and Trent Edwards OR... "what's in the box".

- Leodis Mckelvin (11th) and James Hardy (41st) OR... "a lifetime supply of Turtle Wax".

- Aaoron Maybin OR Brian Orakpo.

The choices that this organization has made over the past decade are truley sickening. But have faith because we are building through the draft...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

I have a solution for the Bills drafting futility. For the sake of parity the commissioner should allow the laughable teams like the Bills to spy the draft boards of the teams that draft well, such as the Pats, Ravens, Packers and Steelers. In that way, the incompetent and weird drafting franchises such as the Bills and Raiders have a better chance at achieving parity than in the current flawd parity system.

Edited by JohnC