Patriots or Jets

stevestojan

Who you rooting for?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you rooting for?

• Patriots
    • Jets

This isn't really a tough call for me. I'm not one to put the * after Pats. I think that's ridiculous. I used to "hate" the pats, but now I honestly enjoy watching them. In 30 years we'll look back to them as one of the greatest dynasties ever assembled.

And then there's Rex Ryan...

The Jets and their obnoxious head coach are easy to dislike.

But, I want to see what everyone else thinks.

So, which is it, Pats, or Jets?

Edited by stevestojan

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't really a tough call for me. I'm not one to put the * after Pats. I think that's ridiculous. I used to "hate" the pats, but now I honestly enjoy watching them. In 30 years we'll look back to them as one of the greatest dynasties ever assembled.

I don't want either to win. In my dreams both their team buses would get flats and both teams would forfeit. Could be worse....could be much worse...but that's only dreaming...

Rooting for Jets.

This is as far as the Jets go; even if they somehow manage to pull a miracle against NE, they aren't getting past the Steelers/Ravens defenses on the road. I just really don't want to see another Pats* title so the sooner they are out the better.

Rooting for Jets.

This is as far as the Jets go; even if they somehow manage to pull a miracle against NE, they aren't getting past the Steelers/Ravens defenses on the road. I just really don't want to see another Pats* title so the sooner they are out the better.

My thoughts exactly!

Having lived in the Hudson Valley as a kid, I really don't understand the hatred for Jets fans. They were abused even worse than I was by Giants fans during the Bruce Coslet and Rich Kotite years - and that's after the Giants beat Buffalo in XXV. Without question, Jets fans are second class citizens in NYC - the Giants fans are the truly annoying jerks. Jets fans are in the same class as Mets, Nets, and Islanders fans. I'm guessing most Buffalo fans hate the Jets simply because they're from downstate/Jersey.

Patriots* fans annoy the crap out of me, mostly because they are Sox fans that lept onto the NE* bandwagon after they won their first Super Bowl. Add to that the fact that their players (Brady in particular) whine whenever a call doesn't go their way, and that their coach is a slimeball that not only cheated in his chosen profession, but also on his wife, and to me the choice is clear.

While I don't like the Jets, they are the lesser evil IMO.

i'll probably be cheering for the under 45s. but i haven't decided yet.

also, it's very hard to "hate" anyone anymore since we don't have an nfl team in buffalo.

Edited by jester43

Rooting for Jets.

This.

I also like to look at it from a "which set of fans will be more devastated by the loss" point of view. Pats* fans will be totally crushed for weeks on end if they lose to the Jets. The Misery Index is much higher for the a-hole NE* fans.

I hate both the @#$%ers!

But let's be clear......anyone rooting for the Pats* ought to be banned from this board.

This is akin to an Orioles fan rooting for the Yankees to beat the Rays.

Come on, people. How many times do you want to be bent over?

Just an FYI...there's no end in sight to this sports terror reign that the Pats* have employed.

GO J-E-T-S!

I'm sort of rooting for the Pat*s (ugh, I just threw up in my mouth a little . . . ) mainly because I think a Pat*s - Steelers or Pat*s - Ravens matchup next week would be must-see TV . . .

As not just a bills fan but a football fan and NFL fan- I think the pats. I think they play better ball right now, and I'd also love to see next weeks games. Plus, I'm just tired of the jets talking. It's just old. When you take out the 84 straight losses to the pats, I have to admit - they play an entertaining, crisp game that makes for good watching. They used to drive me nuts with all the screens but much better now.