Sporting News Draft War Room

wow....von miller at 3...interesting....im a big fan of miller but not quite at 3...a trade down a few spots and grab an extra 2 and drafting von would be awesome

Last week it was Fairley at 3 next week who knows but it will keep changing. I like the player write-ups. Their mock draft like all is a very fluid guess and is out there to get people talking.

billsfaningeneseo I have no idea where you saw TSN warroom having the Bills picking 4th. Its been a consistent 3 since the end of the season, every time I check, which is daily.

I think that this is one of the most credible and professional services around. The main guy behind Sporting News War Room is Russ Lande

who is a former NFL scout for the Browns and Rams. At least that gives them some credibility. You can tell from the very very detailed

write-ups on each player that they spend considerable time watching tape and have knowledge of what they are looking at. I have been

a satisfied customer of the War Room and of Lande's GM Jr draft guide for many years. GM Jr is incredible in its detail on hundreds of players.

Where with other places you might get a paragraph or two about a top prospect, in GM Jr, you get an amazingly detailed analysis of player

strengths and weaknesses.

Now that the War Room is free, you should all check it out. I think that you will be very impressed. You might not always agree with their

ratings (they stick their neck out and will rate someone significantly higher or lower than most others if that is what they believe they

see in their analysis).

I think that this is one of the most credible and professional services around. The main guy behind Sporting News War Room is Russ Lande

who is a former NFL scout for the Browns and Rams. At least that gives them some credibility. You can tell from the very very detailed

write-ups on each player that they spend considerable time watching tape and have knowledge of what they are looking at. I have been

a satisfied customer of the War Room and of Lande's GM Jr draft guide for many years. GM Jr is incredible in its detail on hundreds of players.

Where with other places you might get a paragraph or two about a top prospect, in GM Jr, you get an amazingly detailed analysis of player

strengths and weaknesses.

Now that the War Room is free, you should all check it out. I think that you will be very impressed. You might not always agree with their

ratings (they stick their neck out and will rate someone significantly higher or lower than most others if that is what they believe they

see in their analysis).

I was really surprised to see Darcell Darius rated as a 2nd round pick. They really do do their own analysis. Almost everywhere else I look Darius is rated at least in the top 16 and often times top 10-5. I love Darius and from what I read in the write up they did too they really didn't say why he was rated so low.

But I do respect the fact that the War Room actually does their own analysis rather then just follow what ESPN or other sites do and then just tweak it.

I was really surprised to see Darcell Darius rated as a 2nd round pick. They really do do their own analysis. Almost everywhere else I look Darius is rated at least in the top 16 and often times top 10-5. I love Darius and from what I read in the write up they did too they really didn't say why he was rated so low.

But I do respect the fact that the War Room actually does their own analysis rather then just follow what ESPN or other sites do and then just tweak it.

That's where he should be. Doesn't have the right body to be either a DT or DE, in IMHO.

Just wanted to let my fellow draft-niks know that The Sporting News Draft Warroom is now a free service. A paid subscription is no longer needed to access player write-ups or mock draft that is update weekly.

Here: http://www.sportingnews.com/

IMHO, the only draft service I need to know is who Nolan Nawrocki says the Bills are gonna take because he has been right at least 4 years in a row...

wow....von miller at 3...interesting....im a big fan of miller but not quite at 3...a trade down a few spots and grab an extra 2 and drafting von would be awesome

I never understood this logic...if you think the guy is a 10 time pro bowl player, then u pick him...what difference does it make where he went. In hindsight, if the Patriots traded up to take Tom Brady #1 overall, do you think anyone would be saying what a horrible pick that was now? What good does it do to trade down and then watch as another team takes him or trades up to get him, if that is the guy you want?

IMHO, the only draft service I need to know is who Nolan Nawrocki says the Bills are gonna take because he has been right at least 4 years in a row...

I never understood this logic...if you think the guy is a 10 time pro bowl player, then u pick him...what difference does it make where he went. In hindsight, if the Patriots traded up to take Tom Brady #1 overall, do you think anyone would be saying what a horrible pick that was now? What good does it do to trade down and then watch as another team takes him or trades up to get him, if that is the guy you want?

Nawrocki's gotten the Bills pick right 5 consecutive years, dating back to Donte Whitner. Nawrocki has been and continues to be amazing in his final mock draft, particularly with the first 10 picks.

Edited by Estro

ProFootball Weekly's draft preview with Nawrocki is OK but was a heck of a lot better when the late Joel Buchsbaum was calling the shots. I scratch my head over some of his player write-ups and rankings. For example Nawrocki had Aaron Maybin as his top rated DE...hmmm really. I like Ourlads guide for their honest player evaluations and historically their opinion is close to the mark. The only question mark in my mind has been the QB write-ups some years but the QB position is just so hard to pin down that I cut them (just as I do others) some slack.

For what its worth, Ourlads had projected Maybin as a 3rd round pick. Here is a little of what they said. "Struggles to get off blocks...lacks functional strength to separate and disengage the blocker...very good athletic ability...projects to OLB...can be manhandled and pushed up the field...undisciplined in his play....not an instinctive player...lacks a big bag of pass rushing moves and tricks..gets caught in traffic...May be a situation pass rusher only.

This it turns out this is right on the mark. Does Ourlads miss, sure just like all the others but more often than not their evals are proved correct over the long haul. Just my 2 cents

Just wanted to let my fellow draft-niks know that The Sporting News Draft Warroom is now a free service. A paid subscription is no longer needed to access player write-ups or mock draft that is update weekly.

Here: http://www.sportingnews.com/

Thanks Steve! I'll post another here if you don't mind...New NFL Draft.com...they have links from their main page including player profiles (incomplete at this point), and ranking by position (so far just offensive skill position).

They have us taking Bowers in the first, and QB Pat Devlin (who they currently have ranked as the 10th best QB :ph34r: ) in the second, TE Lance Kendricks in the 3rd, Safety Blake Gideon & DE/OLB Steven Friday in the fourth, DE/DT Lawrence Guy in the fifth, WR Greg Little in the sixth, Guard Bryan Browning in the seventh...Ugggg, no O-line help till the 7th round.

Anyway...I'm not the draftnik that many of you are (or claim to be) but hopefully you'll get some decent info here...or else I will be excoriated and driven off full of shame.

New NFL Draft

I'll say I agree with your logic for a range of a couple picks, or if you can't trade back. The range gets wider for qbs - if you take him in the first, you better believe he's a league MVP, superbowl qb- I'll take him 10 picks early without second thought.

Picking a late rounder in the first is silly - spring early, but why not get that first AND tom brady.

Thanks Steve! I'll post another here if you don't mind...New NFL Draft.com...they have links from their main page including player profiles (incomplete at this point), and ranking by position (so far just offensive skill position).

They have us taking Bowers in the first, and QB Pat Devlin (who they currently have ranked as the 10th best QB :ph34r: ) in the second, TE Lance Kendricks in the 3rd, Safety Blake Gideon & DE/OLB Steven Friday in the fourth, DE/DT Lawrence Guy in the fifth, WR Greg Little in the sixth, Guard Bryan Browning in the seventh...Ugggg, no O-line help till the 7th round.

Anyway...I'm not the draftnik that many of you are (or claim to be) but hopefully you'll get some decent info here...or else I will be excoriated and driven off full of shame.

New NFL Draft

Thanks Beerball, can never have enough info. Though I watch a ton of college FB its just impossible to see most of these guys play so reading and comparing what the different guides and web based draft sites say about a certain player is very usefull.

That's where he should be. Doesn't have the right body to be either a DT or DE, in IMHO.

Actually he can play either position and therefore is flexible insofar as defensive scheme is concerned. 2nd round is absurd (somebody should be so lucky). MD will be gone after 10 picks, and maybe 5.

You are right. Unfortunately, like those of Bills management, his evaluations leave a lot to be desired. He was over the top in his support of Aaron Maybin.