Which players do you NOT want to see selected at #3 overall?

LabattBlue

333 members have voted

1. 1. Which players drafted at #3 overall by the Bills will make you angry?(select as many as you want)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to see Newton, Gabbert, Quinn and Bowers picked. Newton for obvious reasons. Gabbert because he's a project. Quinn because he's a one year wonder. And Bowers because I think he'll bust in the NFL.

Quinn is just as big a one year wonder as Bowers or Fairley. Bowers had 4 career sacks coming into this season. The risk I see with Quinn is that he didn't play this year, not his one year of production. But, the argument could be made he's the front 7 defensive player who had the earliest success and high level of production and if he hadn't sat out he'd likely be the defensive player at the top with more than one year of production.

My board would be:

1. Fairly

2. Bowers

3. Dareus

I wouldn't have a fit if Green or Peterson were picked, because of their talent. If the grades are close, though, I'd go with Dareus if Fairly and Bowers are gone because he'd make a much bigger impact.

Gabbert has made a big jump up in a lot of places, but is it really due to what he's done or is it because Luck isn't in the draft now? More likely it's the latter.

Why would anyone vote for all the choices? If you don't like the poll, move along instead of being a dumbass. <_<

I wouldn't want many of those players you listed, maybe one of the QBs, if only because the position is so important and I wouldn't mind gambling when the rest of these chumps are so bloody uninspiring.

That's the problem this year; we finally got a top pick and outside of Fairley (who will go first), they are all mid-round picks as far as I'm concerned. Might as well have won a few more games!

I would throw Mallett on this list, not necessarily because I want to see him at #3 though (if they were going to take him I'd prefer they trade down a few slots - because that's how you at least TRY to play the draft).

BUT, if they did draft Mallett, and he ended up working out, would anyone here realistically still be mad if they got their franchise QB at #3?

Or put it another way... if Whitner did = Reed or Polamalu, would anyone still be bitching about him at #8? We'd probably still be pining for Ngata a bit, but the whining wouldn't be of the proportions we're accustomed to (and I'll self-direct a little of that criticism).

Picks at certain high spots are only really bad if they don't work out, or if they're just unanimously foolish, like a kicker in R1.

I would throw Mallett on this list, not necessarily because I want to see him at #3 though (if they were going to take him I'd prefer they trade down a few slots - because that's how you at least TRY to play the draft).

BUT, if they did draft Mallett, and he ended up working out, would anyone here realistically still be mad if they got their franchise QB at #3?

Or put it another way... if Whitner did = Reed or Polamalu, would anyone still be bitching about him at #8? We'd probably still be pining for Ngata a bit, but the whining wouldn't be of the proportions we're accustomed to (and I'll self-direct a little of that criticism).

Picks at certain high spots are only really bad if they don't work out, or if they're just unanimously foolish, like a kicker in R1.

I meant to include Mallett. :oops:

My top choice at #3 is DE Bowers. He seems the most likely to not be a bust. He can handle the the end position to the left of Kyle Williams for a decade. Fairly could become a better player, but there is concerns about his work ethics. Slight chance he can become another Mike Williams for us.

I meant to include Mallett. :oops:

Mallett. :thumbdown: After the Bledsoe catastrophe, I don't want any potential brain-dead statues... even if he pans out (somewhere else!), it's just not worth the risk. Edited by Rico

I do not want to see a QB or CB/Db taken with our first pick. Period. D-Line or LB, please.

you said it! If they draft a DB I'll kick my TV in and if they want a QB, trade down...twice (at least)

I'd prefer the shore up the front seven or try to fix the O-line

So how many of these players are not worthy of the #3 overall pick by the Bills?

What a shock, Cam Newton is the most "not wanted" draft pick at the number 3 overall spot. Fine, although I would love to see Nix draft him there, I'm sure 70-something year old "lifetime football guy" Buddy Nix agrees with the majority and he won't draft him there anyway.

Hey I know Newton's only had one amazing season, but he did if for the number one team in the nation at the highest level of college football against the best teams playing in the best conference. Then he played well enough to finish off the season with a big win over a very good Oregon football team.

I predict he will get drafted in the top 5 - 10 anyway, and why not the Bills?? This kid may need a year or two to work on his overall QB skills, but come on, he's a bigger, younger Michael Vick! Everyone on this board loved the idea of Vick the football player coming to Buffalo. (Although there were plenty of us who hated the idea of Vick the person coming to Buffalo.) If the Eagles don't lock him up and the collective bargaining agreement gets done by free agency time, people on this board will probably start crying for Nix to sign Vick anyway.

I say forget him and his 30 million dollar debts to pay back meaning he will need a 100 million dollar deal. (And of course some owner will hand it to him.) Nix should roll the dice on the big kid from Auburn at the number 3 pick in the draft. Imagine what Chan Gailey could come up with for him - even if he only comes in as the "wildcat QB" on special sets his entire rookie season while he learns the pro game. He ran the Auburn offense from the line of scrimmage so he has good football intelligence, and his arm was good enough to pile up TD passes. Finally, I could be wrong on this, but I heard that the collective bargaining agreement expires before the draft. That means that either they will have a new rookie cap in place for the Bills not to have to break their bank signing Newton, or they may even cancel the whole draft if they don't have an agreement in place.