Which players do you NOT want to see selected at #3 overall?

LabattBlue

333 members have voted

1. 1. Which players drafted at #3 overall by the Bills will make you angry?(select as many as you want)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone not names Fairely, Bowers, Dareus should not be drafted. Ill make 2 exceptions and that is for Quinn/Clayborne. If we pass on the big 3 we are making a mistake.

First group definitely yes.

Second pairing, Quinn maybe (Orakpo-esque?), Clayborn no.

REALLY hoping Fairley's there, and REALLY hoping we take him. If he's not there, I like Bowers. If those guys aren't there, I really don't mind taking the DB from LSU. I know, I know. But he still looks like a game changer, and we need more of those, even at a positions that might not be of greatest need (although I think we're not as set at that postion as some might think).

I want: Fairley or Dareus. I'd love to have Von Miller or Ayers but we won't take either that high (stock does change, though). I have reservations about Bowers.

If I had to choose just one player that I could make sure we wouldn't draft, it would be Gabbert. I don't think our FO is dumb enough to draft Gabbert though, so I'm not terribly worried.

Edited by NickelCity

I voted nay to:

Gabbert: Levi Brown did the same in Troy, play from the shotgun in a spread offense, to me this is a reach of epic proportions.

Peterson: My premise is getting big and better up front

Amukamara: See Peterson and I will add, you draft DBs in the first when you don't have as many holes as we do on our team.

Quinn: big ?, what will you get with this guy? too many questions

Von Miller: too small and dissapears at times in games. Huge reach here.

Newton: terrific one year wonder, his wowability might not translate to the pro game. Is this a poser or a good kid. If you like him you try to find out.

I voted yes for AJ Green because he has the production and tangibles you like in a WR but it is said this kid is a terrific kid off the field. He would be the surest pick in the draft, IMO, that is why I would be tempted to draft him.

Edited by Fixxxer

I don't like either QB at #3, but I think I could talk myself into either one. I voted for Prince Amukamura Von Miller (which is a weird name for a German prince, but whatever), because neither one seems like an abject stud. But from what I'm reading, AJ Green and Patrick Peterson are the two biggest locks in the entire draft. Every team can use a shutdown corner, including the Bills - especially if McGee can't get healthy and Florence leaves. I'm not saying Peterson would be anywhere near my first choice, but I could live with it.

As for Green, c'mon people. I know he's a local product and all, but Naaman Roosevelt does not belong on an NFL field. One nice screen pass notwithstanding, neither does Donald Jones (at least not on offense). Take another look at our passing and scoring numbers the last month or two, and tell me we wouldn't be helped by an upgrade at WR. Especially since Chan loves playing 4 and 5 WR sets. Again, Green wouldn't be my first choice, but from everything I've read so far, he's about as big a lock as Andre Johnson or Megatron. For a team with such a horrible track record in the first round, isn't there something to be said for taking the safest player in the draft, who does fill a need, even if it's not the biggest need?