Which players do you NOT want to see selected at #3 overall?

LabattBlue

333 members have voted

1. 1. Which players drafted at #3 overall by the Bills will make you angry?(select as many as you want)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

REALLY hoping Fairley's there, and REALLY hoping we take him. If he's not there, I like Bowers. If those guys aren't there, I really don't mind taking the DB from LSU. I know, I know. But he still looks like a game changer, and we need more of those, even at a positions that might not be of greatest need (although I think we're not as set at that postion as some might think).

Fairley is a 43 DT probably in the mold of Kevin Williams. I'm still not sure he's a 34 5 tech type. Dareus seems to be a better fit, but still the Bills invested a decent contract into Dwan Edwards and a 3rd rounder on Carrington just a year ago. They're not set at DE, but this defense can't play the 43 or the 34 right now.

What a shock, Cam Newton is the most "not wanted" draft pick at the number 3 overall spot. Fine, although I would love to see Nix draft him there, I'm sure 70-something year old "lifetime football guy" Buddy Nix agrees with the majority and he won't draft him there anyway.

I predict he will get drafted in the top 5 - 10 anyway, and why not the Bills?? This kid may need a year or two to work on his overall QB skills, but come on, he's a bigger, younger Michael Vick! Everyone on this board loved the idea of Vick the football player coming to Buffalo. (Although there were plenty of us who hated the idea of Vick the person coming to Buffalo.) If the Eagles don't lock him up and the collective bargaining agreement gets done by free agency time, people on this board will probably start crying for Nix to sign Vick anyway.

Vince Young says hello. Bud Adams couldn't wait to take him, and 5 years later that experiment is over. College production means almost nothing, but apparently it still gets some excited. Buffalo needs a guy who can step in and play now, because there's no QB worth taking at 3.

As for Michael Vick, yes he put up good numbers and went to the playoffs. Problem is, his HC called him out for not being able to read the blitz in his 7th season as a starting NFL QB.

Edited by BillsVet

i would rather us address our running game again in the first round than draft newton hahahaha

love it.

also - I am a huge von miller fan, if we could trade back with someone who really wants AJ Green or one of the CBs I say do it. otherwise any of the D-lineman. of the guys I dont want, Peterson would be acceptable. Someone needs to replace Terrence, Leodis is better off as a nickel back (wasted pick again), and Florence is an adequate #2.

no newton! no newton! no newton! no newton! please please please NO NEWTON!!!!

NO one blows me away at #3. If a rookie cap is in place (meaning trading down is a real option), I want to trade down and have 3 or 4 picks in the top 50. We need more young, talented bodies to choose from to build this team. The Bills are looking at only 5 or 6 wins in '11 anyway, lets continue to build . Anyway, there are no silver bullet players in this draft other than maybe Fairley.. Lets get 8 or 9 good picks this year and "trade the whole draft away" next year to get Luck. That is what I would do.

When is the last time Quinn actually played a game? What about character issues?

It's been a year. I just tried playing basketball after not doing it for a year. My body's telling it wasn't a good idea (To stop, I mean). Quinn checks out well in the character department; he has slept with absolutely NO sisters!! Like the selection or not, AJ Green is the high-character, can't-miss pick this year like CJ Spiller's pick was last year. That's why I didn't check Green's name. The concept of taking BPA at #3 is growing on me.

Anyone not names Fairely, Bowers, Dareus should not be drafted. Ill make 2 exceptions and that is for Quinn/Clayborne. If we pass on the big 3 we are making a mistake.

I totally agree.. Big "Talented" D-linemen are the hardest position to draft, they are few and far between.. Real difference makers are only usually at the very top of the draft, the Bills got lucky with Kyle Williams..

I've said it before - in a perfect world we would be able to get the best DE available with our first pick & then get either Cam Newton or Mallett. This is one of the best drafts for QBs in a while. How often do the Bills get a chance to get a Heisman winner? Does anyone know who the last Heisman winner was that was drafted by the Bills .... and how did that work out for us?

Newton will be a project that will take at least two season regardless of whether he becomes a solid QB or not. Since we obviously don't have that kind of time, he should not be anywhere close to the Bills draft board. A corner may be a need for us with Florence a free agent and McGee aging but with the worst defensive line in the league, Bowers, Fairley or Daureus should be our only options.

Newton will be a project that will take at least two season regardless of whether he becomes a solid QB or not. Since we obviously don't have that kind of time, he should not be anywhere close to the Bills draft board. A corner may be a need for us with Florence a free agent and McGee aging but with the worst defensive line in the league, Bowers, Fairley or Daureus should be our only options.

"We obviously don't have that kind of time". What does that mean? Who says we don't have that kind of time? We definitely have plenty of time and don't need to rush anything

"We obviously don't have that kind of time". What does that mean? Who says we don't have that kind of time? We definitely have plenty of time and don't need to rush anything

So because we haven't made the playoffs in 11 seasons you would want to make the riskiest pick in the draft and take our time to develop him? No, take a defensive lineman who will take a few months of training camp to develop and make an impact this season, not in three seasons.

So because we haven't made the playoffs in 11 seasons you would want to make the riskiest pick in the draft and take our time to develop him? No, take a defensive lineman who will take a few months of training camp to develop and make an impact this season, not in three seasons.

It is about building a championship team, not getting the quickest route to the playoffs. This coaching staff and front office aren't under the gun to make up for its predecessor's mistakes.

If they think Newton will turn into a great QB in a few years, I am all for it. If they don't, I am fine with a defensive or other offensive pick. 9-7 with a first round exit means nothing to me. Now I will go see if my championship ring still fits...

It is about building a championship team, not getting the quickest route to the playoffs. This coaching staff and front office aren't under the gun to make up for its predecessor's mistakes.

If they think Newton will turn into a great QB in a few years, I am all for it. If they don't, I am fine with a defensive or other offensive pick. 9-7 with a first round exit means nothing to me. Now I will go see if my championship ring still fits...

I see what you're saying but at this point we're not going anywhere unless we bulk up our defense. And besides, Newton is the farthest thing from a sure shot. If Luck was still available I'd be saying the same thing as you but Newton is not your prototypical pocket passer that is so common among great quarterbacks. I just don't want another spiller, maybin or whitner and for once I just want to get the "guy we were supposed to draft".

I see what you're saying but at this point we're not going anywhere unless we bulk up our defense. And besides, Newton is the farthest thing from a sure shot. If Luck was still available I'd be saying the same thing as you but Newton is not your prototypical pocket passer that is so common among great quarterbacks. I just don't want another spiller, maybin or whitner and for once I just want to get the "guy we were supposed to draft".

I am all for going defense, but if our front office and Gailey think one of the QBs can be developed into something great, I am all for it.

The three players you mentioned all fall into different categories- Spiller is coming off his rookie year and probably will have a very productive year. Whitner doesn't fall into the Maybin category, as he not only is always around the ball, he always is on the field. Maybin never gets on the field and was a bust from tht moment we picked him.

I am all for going defense, but if our front office and Gailey think one of the QBs can be developed into something great, I am all for it.

The three players you mentioned all fall into different categories- Spiller is coming off his rookie year and probably will have a very productive year. Whitner doesn't fall into the Maybin category, as he not only is always around the ball, he always is on the field. Maybin never gets on the field and was a bust from tht moment we picked him.

I hate to say it but I'm very skeptical of Spiller. You can take note of this so that if in 2011 he becomes a top RB than you can come back and prove me wrong but he seems just too small and doesn't hit the holes with enough intensity to get any better. Also, Whitner may not be on Maybin's level of awfulness but I think everyone on this board agrees that he should not have even been taken in the first round. All I'm saying is with every playoff-less year we need to be more efficient and safe with our drafting and choosing size over speed which has been our downfall for the past decade.

Edited by bills1960

One of you folks mentioned about trading away for Luck. If there was a real way to do that, i would seriously consider it. Because he is a close to first pick qb we might see for awhile. Unfortunately we will probably be a better team next year!

I think we will draft the corner. But it would be my choice to trade the #3 to someone who reeely needs/wants him and gather some more def 7 this year.

That is why i voted P P. because if we do go at him it might be very good long term and immediately.

Keep Drayton. and hope T. M. can return to form. That might be something for opposing QBs to consider

This has been a great thread btw

One of you folks mentioned about trading away for Luck. If there was a real way to do that, i would seriously consider it. Because he is a close to first pick qb we might see for awhile. Fortunately we will probably be a better team next year!

I think we will draft the corner. But it would be my choice to trade the #3 to someone who reeely needs/wants him and gather some more def 7 this year.

That is why i voted P P. because if we do go at him it might be very good long term and immediately.

Keep Drayton. and hope T. M. can return to form. That might be something for opposing QBs to consider

This has been a great thread btw

Corrected!

anything other than defensive front seven means these morons will never get it and you can give up on nix and gailey right now...unless your only concern next year is going 0-16 to draft luck.

no aspect of this team was nearly as bad as the rush defense and if they take newton or that db from lsu i am done with this team. you'll never read my eloquent rhetorical destructions of ralph and his beancounters or buddy nix ever again (there- that gives you something to root for!), and all my bills crap will be in a trash bag sitting on the curb..