Bleacher latest Mock Draft looks ohh so good...

richNjoisy

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we could get Bledsoe 2.0 in the 2nd with Gailey as OC, I'd take him.

And who in THEE hell is Russ Lande? These guys come out of the woodwork.

So Fitz is terrable compared to bledsoe? I remember his paly in buffalo in his last game couldn't even throw a checkdown pass

So Fitz is terrable compared to bledsoe? I remember his paly in buffalo in his last game couldn't even throw a checkdown pass

That's probably representative of his career. Probably why he's so often referred to as such a big draft bust.... That was what ?his 73rd season? and he was behind what must have been about the 33rd ranked o-line that year? Fitz is terrible compared to Bledsoe in his prime.

I am not sure who the Bills will take. Is Farley or Fairley a 3-4 NT or what? I seen 3 guys having the Bills take a CB in rnd 1, I HOPE NOT. Me personally I trade down and take Newton. Some games Fitz just didn't do well. Where is DE Kerrigan from?

kerrigan played at purdue.. fairley would be more of an end in the 3-4 system which i think he would dominate in. the bills were the almost the worst in the league in pass td's allowed....we need a lockdown corner. if he turns out to be the opposite of mckelvin and becomes our starting db from day one then our defense will be better next season.

kerrigan played at purdue.. fairley would be more of an end in the 3-4 system which i think he would dominate in. the bills were the almost the worst in the league in pass td's allowed....we need a lockdown corner. if he turns out to be the opposite of mckelvin and becomes our starting db from day one then our defense will be better next season.

If we were to get Fariley, I'd say we go 4-3 and put Kyle and Nick in the middle side by side.

Fairley looked pretty good to me in the bowl game. But to me he looked kindof slow and if the play didn't go his direction, he just stood around. So, I'm not real sure he'd be the guy at #3 for me. But I'd definitely be happier with him than a DB or QB. Green, maybe. But really we need D talent. Especially if we get Dave Wannabe a our DC.

What Super Bowl did Drew Bledsoe ever win?

Actually the simple fact is that without Bledsoe the Pats never would have won their first SB for the 2001 season, Like it or not the Pats were in a must win game in the AFC Championship and if they lose they do not win the SB.

Wunderkind Brady goes down to injury and none other than Bledsoe who did team up and accept that the better QB was starting. Even though part of the incorrect conventional wisdom is that you do not lose a starting job to injurym Bledsoe manned up and came off the bench without the usual NFL whining.

Bledsoe not only took one for the team but actually threw the winning TD pass in a must win game.

It is true that TD should have never signed an extension with Bledsoe after he sucked his second season here despite honestly deserving the Pro Bowl nod he got here as comeback player of the year his first season here, but again the simple fact is without Bledsoe it is pretty doubtful the Pats win the SB for the 2001 season.

Ryan Mallet=Ryan Leaf.

Both are dumb as a bag of hammers, immature, cannon armed and very low football IQ and are TERRIBLE under pressure.

OK this has got to stop. Every QB that is brought up that the Bills may draft, he is compared to Ryan Leaf.

There will never be another Ryan Leaf. Ryan Leaf is 1 person that got involved with drugs and screwed his carrer, becuase he could not handle the pressure of being a top pick.

Why cant Mallet = Tom Brady or Phillip Rivers or Matt Ryan?

Why does it always have to be Ryan Leaf?

(/rant)

i don't care if fairley doesn't fit a 3-4. USE THE SCHEME TO THE PLAYERS' STRENGTHS. Fairley is a game-changer as a 4-3 DT. If he can't play 3-4 NT, let's mix in more 4-3 looks to get our best guys on the field.

You're right it would be terrible to have a QB that was the nature of SUPER BOWL CALIBER QB Drew Bledsoe. Why would we want anything like that around here... :rolleyes:

Seriously, those immobile guys never do anything. Favre, Marino, Manning. Now THEY would be good if they could run.

Uhm, this one? After he came off the bench to win the AFC Championship game on the road @ Pittsburgh. Granted he didn't play in the game but he does have a ring and sans Drew they don't get to that game.

The initial post I was responding to spoke of Bledsoe as though winning the Super Bowl was his crowning achievement, I was merely pointing out that he in fact was not the starter on the team and while he did play a role in them getting there, he did not even play in the Super Bowl. In my eyes he is no more a "Super Bowl winning quarterback" than Rob Johnson or Mark Brunell. And while playing half of the game in Pittsburgh and helping his team win the AFC Championship is commendable and what you ask your 2nd string QB to do, let's not act like he carried the Patriots on his back to victory.

In regards to Mallett being compared to Bledsoe, the comparison is being drawn due to each's lack of mobility not so much their overall game. When Bledsoe came out he was the top rated prospect and #1 pick. Mallett, not so much.

Dude, he was predicted to go in the 7th round, and he did. No one expended a lot of ink on him.

I expect it said "this guy looked good as the QB for Harvard but hey...he played for Harvard, not for a football powerhouse. So who knows?"

My point is - We nitpick and pour over games and draft reports for CN, BG, RM, AL, Ponder,....and our starting QB wasn't even good enough in College to warrant someone looking at him