Bleacher latest Mock Draft looks ohh so good...

richNjoisy

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked what I saw in the Bowl game. I know there are questions particularly about throwing under pressure but he appears to have a solid

and accurate arm.

Whoever takes Mallet is going to need to have an outstanding offensive line for a long time in order for him to be successful

Mallett at 3 might be too high, but at pick 34 he's the steal of the draft.

Yesterday on ESPN radio Russ Lande rated Mallet as a 3rd or 4th round pick. Also this from SportingNews.com:

After breaking down all of Mallett's film, we came away disappointed. His play actually got worse, not better, this season.

After consulting with scouts from several NFL teams, who agreed with our evaluation, Mallett is an overrated prospect who definitely should return to Arkansas for his senior season.

Mallett, (6-6, 238) has excellent height, rare arm strength and flashed good accuracy downfield. However, he still must prove he has the quick mind to succeed in the NFL. He also must accelerate his deliberate delivery to keep defensive backs from breaking so quickly on his passes.

Basically, he throws too many interceptions. We believe a big part of the problem is that he doesn't read coverages well and is slow to react to shifting defensive personnel. When his mechanics are spot on, he can be accurate and lead his receivers as well as any college QB. When under duress, his footwork becomes poor and his passes start flying high, low and wide.

Bottom line: Mallett is not yet an elite QB prospect and he certainly will be disappointed should he enter the '11 draft.

Read more: http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed/2010-09/draft-dish/story/draft-dish-arkansas-mallett-not-ready-for-nfl-should-return-to-school#ixzz1AwDxupC8

Fairley is a beast and will never get past both Carolina and Denver ... Luck was our best hope to get to him and I see Rivera (Carolina) grabbing him @ #1 with Denver getting Peterson. Our pick ... man, your guess is as good as mine. I hope we trade down a bit and get a solid LB (like Von Miller) or a DE (like Ryan Kerrigan) and get extra picks.

Mallett ... no thanks! I have seen this film and it ends with a statue getting sacked (Drew Bledsoe).

Edited by APUSHMS

Fairley is a beast and will never get past both Carolina and Denver ... Luck was our best hope to get to him and I see Rivera (Carolina) grabbing him @ #1 with Denver getting Peterson. Our pick ... man, your guess is as good as mine. I hope we trade down a bit and get a solid LB (like Von Miller) or a DE (like Ryan Kerrigan) and get extra picks.

Mallett ... no thanks! I have seen this film and it ends with a statue getting sacked (Drew Bledsoe).

You're right it would be terrible to have a QB that was the nature of SUPER BOWL CALIBER QB Drew Bledsoe. Why would we want anything like that around here... :rolleyes:

Edited by CountDorkula

Yesterday on ESPN radio Russ Lande rated Mallet as a 3rd or 4th round pick. Also this from SportingNews.com:

That’s what I have been saying since last season. Its obvious when watching him he doesn’t read defenses, anticipate, and quite honestly I think his accuracy is pretty darn bad. When you can see those things from a TV broadcast its awful.

I just don’t think Mallet has any chance of being a good NFL QB. So where do you draft a QB you don’t think will ever be any good? If I’m the bills its gotta be the 4th-5th before I even think about it and he is gonna be gone at that point so he has almost no value to me.

PS: He did declare, right?

That’s what I have been saying since last season. Its obvious when watching him he doesn’t read defenses, anticipate, and quite honestly I think his accuracy is pretty darn bad. When you can see those things from a TV broadcast its awful.

I just don’t think Mallet has any chance of being a good NFL QB. So where do you draft a QB you don’t think will ever be any good? If I’m the bills its gotta be the 4th-5th before I even think about it and he is gonna be gone at that point so he has almost no value to me.

PS: He did declare, right?

yes, Mallett declared

http://ncaafootball.fanhouse.com/2011/01/06/ryan-mallett-declares-for-nfl-draft/

(one week ago)

What Super Bowl did Drew Bledsoe ever win?

I don't know why I put winning, It was supposed to say Playing, :doh:

It was Super Bowl 27 (I think) against the Pack anyways. I think they lost by 2 points er something close.

Still he got his team to the super bowl.

Edited by CountDorkula

You're right it would be terrible to have a QB that was the nature of SUPER BOWL WINNING QB Drew Bledsoe. Why would we want anything like that around here... :rolleyes:

I always laugh when I see the shots at Bledsoe.

The guy had an outstanding career and put up a ton of yards, TDs and wins.

No, he was not mobile and his tenure here was at the end of his career so it was less than stellar. But if we could get Mallett and he could have a career anywhere close to Bledsoe, I am all for it.

Edited by Maddog69