Antonio Cromartie rips Tom Brady

bills44

Cromartie, in his first year with the Jets after four years with the Chargers, backed up Ryan Tuesday when he was asked by the Daily News if he's ever seen Brady pointing after the Patriots score.

"We see that a lot. He does it a lot," Cromartie said. "That's the kind of guy he is. We really don't give a damn, to tell you the truth."

Okay, what kind of guy is Brady?

"An ass----.

"---- him."

http://nfl-facts-and-rumors.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/27009985

Cromartie, in his first year with the Jets after four years with the Chargers, backed up Ryan Tuesday when he was asked by the Daily News if he's ever seen Brady pointing after the Patriots score.

"We see that a lot. He does it a lot," Cromartie said. "That's the kind of guy he is. We really don't give a damn, to tell you the truth."

Okay, what kind of guy is Brady?

"An ass----.

"---- him."

http://nfl-facts-and-rumors.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/27009985

How bright are these guys mouthing off giving billboard material. Not very smart.

How bright are these guys mouthing off giving billboard material. Not very smart.

The whole concept of billboard material is a bunch of BS IMO. If a professional athlete needs the other team to talk smack in order to get motivated to play a playoff game against a division rival, something is seriously wrong.

The whole concept of billboard material is a bunch of BS IMO. If a professional athlete needs the other team to talk smack in order to get motivated to play a playoff game against a division rival, something is seriously wrong.

That's an excellent point and dead on IMO. And you can bet that Brady can give two sh*ts what Cromartie says.

That's not to say that after the game, if Brady torches Cromartie, he won't enjoy a bit of smack talking. But it will be after the game, where it belongs.

That said, I'm sure the rest of the Jets appreciate Cromartie's stupidity.

GO BILLS!!!

Cut him some slack. He can't remember the names of all his children.

Funniest post of the day so far. My coffee just flew out of my mouth I laughed so hard.

GO BILLS!!!

I agree that a pro athlete shouldn't need smack talk from their opponent to motivate them, but I think it does add a little more motivation. Brady is probably as ready as he can be for this game. But when an idiot like Cromartie says stuff like that in public, that has to motivate Brady to give him a little more pummeling than he normally would have.

If there's anything I like about the Pats, it's that they don't open their mouth. They literally do their talking and cheating on the field.

Edited by BuffaloWings

I agree that a pro athlete shouldn't need smack talk from their opponent to motivate them, but I think it does add a little more motivation. Brady is probably as ready as he can be for this game. But when an idiot like Cromartie says stuff like that in public, that has to motivate Brady to give him a little more pummeling than he normally would have.

If there's anything I like about the Pats, it's that they don't open their mouth. They literally do their talking and cheating on the field.

I don't think it has no effect on motivation at all, but I do think that the effect is minimal, perhaps even insignificant. Another thing to consider is that even if it does have some effect, it may work in two different ways. If a player is already at the level of emotional arousal that he functions best at, added motivation can result in over arousal and diminished performance. If the same player is below their optimal level of arousal, the added motivation would bring him up to or closer to his optimal arousal level and performance would increase. If some guys play slightly better and others play slightly worse in response to the same changes in their level of motivation, any effects should cancel themselves out across the team as whole. In this particular case, as the most important player on the team and the guy the comments were directed at specifically, how Brady himself reacts is the wild card. I don't think he will let Cromartie get in his head and play worse because of it, and I also don't think that he needed to hear those things to be sufficiently motivated for the game.

I hate the friggin' Pats* as much as anyone but the Jets are the ones looking like a**holes. They will look even worse if the Pats smack them down again. You only get to talk schitt if you back it up. It would be like Bills players talking about how they don't respect the Pats. They own your azz.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

1. Brady IS an ass----.

2. This Pats team has a very young defense who have yet to be under pressure.

3. The Jets have an emotional coach, an emotional team and they have the running game to put Brady on "ice".

4. The Jets (who do have a lot of talent) have very little pressure on them.

I have a feeling that emotion rules the day and the "stoic" Pats are caught in a tight battle where their young defense crumbles in the fourth quarter. The closer this game gets the more I think that the Jets will take them down. That young defense gets to play all day with 21 point leads, lets see what happens when it's a real game under the greatest of pressure.

It's good marketing for the league. The same way that boxers pretend that they can't stand each other before every match. It attracts viewers and builds interest in the game. After all, the NFL is not some amateur or gentlemen sports league. It's a business.

This will one of the few games that I will be rooting for the Pats. I hope they kick the crap out of the Jets. The Jets are a bunch of loud mouth idiots. They've accomplished nothing yet run their mouths as if they have. My prediction is that Brady will be pointing Cromartie's way several times this week as he celebrates TD's at Cromartie's expense.

I agree. But the talking heads say it so, so ... it is so :)

From the NY Daily News article:

"...But Belichick and Brady hate the Jets so much that

the Pats QB played the whole way in the 45-3 game.

Why does Cromartie feel this way about Brady?

"That's what I think about him. I don't really give a

damn about him," he said. "I don't have to play

against him. I play against the receivers..."

Cromartie doesn't play against Brady, just Brady's receivers? I'm glad he cleared that up. All this time I was under the impression that receivers were actually related to the QB somehow. Some way. I just couldn't ever put my finger on the QB/Receiver relationship until Cromartie explained it to me.

And all this time I thought Cromartie wasn't the cerebral type.

GO BILLS!!!

I hate the friggin' Pats* as much as anyone but the Jets are the ones looking like a**holes. They will look even worse if the Pats smack them down again. You only get to talk schitt if you back it up. It would be like Bills players talking about how they don't respect the Pats. They own your azz.

PTR

Yeah you would think with the last game being such an embarrassment to the Jets they might STFU this time.

Too much to expect of a Rex Ryan team I guess.

1. Brady IS an ass----.

2. This Pats team has a very young defense who have yet to be under pressure.

3. The Jets have an emotional coach, an emotional team and they have the running game to put Brady on "ice".

4. The Jets (who do have a lot of talent) have very little pressure on them.

I have a feeling that emotion rules the day and the "stoic" Pats are caught in a tight battle where their young defense crumbles in the fourth quarter. The closer this game gets the more I think that the Jets will take them down. That young defense gets to play all day with 21 point leads, lets see what happens when it's a real game under the greatest of pressure.

Brady is the kind of person who probably pisses me off worst of all...I can deal with he people who talk trash to your face, but Brady is the kind of person who makes sly little gestures, talks just loud enough so you can overhear certain things you are saying about them but not others and then as soon as he notices you are paying atention he stops talking and smiles at you...

I think he is motivated by a drive to win that has nothing whatsoever to do with anything anybody else says. I don't believe for a minute that anything can motivate him more than he already is. I don't believe he will practice more, or harder, or watch more tape, or rest more, or lift more weights, or change ANYTHING. I don't believe Belichick will spend more time gameplanning or yelling or blahblahblah. They are already playing all out. That's one of the reasons why they are so good.

Brady is the kind of person who probably pisses me off worst of all...I can deal with he people who talk trash to your face, but Brady is the kind of person who makes sly little gestures, talks just loud enough so you can overhear certain things you are saying about them but not others and then as soon as he notices you are paying atention he stops talking and smiles at you...

He is the greatest QB of all time.

Edited by Matthews' Bag

Cut him some slack. He can't remember the names of all his children.

Who, Brady or Cromartie? :rolleyes:

It may be BS in YO, but many athletes have said that it does motivate them...your attitude sounds good on paper, but, it kind of defies human nature. It is irrelevant how much money someone makes, they still get mad, or get offended...particularly in sports. I think it is perfectly natural. A lot of the greatest athletes and coaches are on record as saying that being criticized, disrespected or snubbed, whether real or imagined on their part, has motivated them to some of their greatest achievments. It is not all that different than the motivation a head coach uses, in "calling out" one of his own players, or trying to embarass them, in the hopes of getting a better performance out of them. At the level these guys compete, ego is a big part of who they are...I suspect that is why so many of us lay-folk think of many athletes as arrogant.

As much as he is despised here, Bill Belechik has to be considered one of the finest coaches in any sport, at any level. Ever listen to his press conferences. The week before a meaningless December game against the celler-dwelling Bills, he goes out of his way to throw verbal bouquets at the Bills, making it sound like they are the 1985 Bears, or something...he knows the power of negative motivation, I suspect. On the other end of the spectrum, a guy like Phil Jackson, in the NBA, uses negative motivation to wake his team up, routinely, questioning their desire, and commitment. He's won a few rings in his time...

I don't mean to imply that there are no instances where the "bulletin board material" angle is overblown...but I think the Jets are ensuring themselves of a long afternoon on Sunday.

Edited by Buftex